Final

Til I found you

Jeon Wonwoo had never fallen in love with anyone. He said so himself. Yes, there were those lame crushes and people who he thought was cute, but he has never actually fallen in love. He says he doesn't need to. He doesn't need love. He's got what he needs. He even swore to himself that he'll never fall in love.

None of his band members believe he can actually keep his promise, especially Kim Mingyu. He likes to taunt the elder, teasing him everytime Wonwoo looks at another female idol. But Wonwoo never really likes these female idols, he doesn't think they're pretty, or attractive or even appealing to him. So he just shrugs them off. But Kim Mingyu is persistent, he arranges blind dates for him, asks him what's his ideal girl, he even asks other girls' number for him. It wasn't hard for someone like Kim Mingyu, he was an idol, he was attractive, sweet, and everything you're looking for in a guy. Too bad Wonwoo doesn't have those traits.

And that's what lead Jeon Wonwoo here, sitting patiently as he waits for his date. The girl- whoever she was, Wonwoo was clueless- was two hours late. He wanted to go home, but if he did, Mingyu would ask why he was home early, and he wanted to save himself from the boy's wrath.

But after a few minutes the waiter asked if Wonwoo wanted to order yet, he politely declined, telling the waiter he was still waiting for someone. Of course, he noticed the glimmer of pity in the waiter's eyes. 

Wonwoo felt his cheeks go red from embarrassment. He fiddled with his knife and fork, still waiting for his date.

An hour later Wonwoo finally accepted the fact that his date wouldn't show up. So he stood up and left the place. Hailing a cab to go back home. He couldn't belive this was the sixth failed date. He wasn't really devastated, he told himself Mingyu was just wasting both of their time.

When he arrived at their shared dorms, Wonwoo paid the driver and went inside, it was almost 11 pm, so he was guessing everyone was asleep.

Everyone, except for Kim Mingyu.

"So how did the date go?" he asked. He was sitting on the living room couch, a book in hand.

"My date didn't show up." Wonwoo said in a monotone voice, shrugging off his coat.

"Oh." was Mingyu's reply. "Sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Wonwoo asked looking at the boy.

"Well, it was my fault, I guess. I planned this whole thing, I didn't know your date wouldn't show up. Sorry." Mingyu apologized.

"You don't have to be. It's fine." Wonwoo started to climb up the stairs. He was really tired.

"Wait! Hyung, I promise the next date will be better! I'll find you a date, maybe that girl I met a few days ago, or that girl acr-"

"Look, Mingyu," he cut him off. "I think these dates are pointless. I mean, thank you for your efforts but I told you, I'm never gonna love any of these women. Please, stop doing this."

Wonwoo regretted saying those words, because the look on Mingyu's face almost broke his heart. "Okay." the boy muttered.

Wonwoo sighed and made his way back up to his room.

 

After that day things had kind of gotten worse. Wonwoo was free from all the blind dates but he and Mingyu hadn't talked. He thought Mingyu was avoiding him, and he kind of felt like .

 

Wonwoo sat on his bed, thinking of Mingyu. He must've disappointed him. Because the boy was really looking forward to see him fall in love with someone. But that wasn't really as easy as it sounds. Wonwoo groaned, combing a hand through his hair.

Wonwoo had to suffer five days of not talking to Mingyu and he felt like those were the worst five days of his life. Mingyu and Wonwoo were known to be really close since their trainee days, and Wonwoo was so used to always talking to him that he had to fight the urge to drag the younger boy and talk him through what happened.

Wonwoo tried his hardest not to think of Mingyu during those days, he tried to think of his band, and he even tried helping Seungcheol with anything he needed for the band, but Seungcheol said everything was peachy, and that they had two weeks off. Wonwoo had never thought he hated having two weeks off when after their debut, getting a day off was already a miracle. He wanted to be distracted, to keep his mind off of things, especially a boy named Kim Mingyu. But that wasn't really happening. Especially when they both shared a room.

 

Mingyu was lying asleep on his bed, while Wonwoo tried his best not to focus on the boy's breathing, or his scent, or they way he looked when he was asleep, or wh-

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Wonwoo jumped, he hadn't noticed that he was awake.

"S-Sorry, I was j-just-" he stammered. Mingyu laughed.

Wonwoo thought to himself, it's now or never.

"Mingyu?" 

"Yes, hyung?" the younger sat up and looked at him, his voice raspy.

"Why have you been... avoiding me, lately?" he asked, and he felt his fingertips shaking.

The other boy thought for a moment, "I kind of felt you were tired of me, after what you said when I put you on that blind date and you got stood up. I thought you hated me because I kept putting you in these stupid dates."

"No, no, I-I don't hate you. Never." the older shook his head, "I was tired of the dates, yeah, but I'll never be tired of you, Mingyu."

"Really?" Mingyu asked, smiling.

"Yeah." Wonwoo said. Mingyu yawned and muttered a quick 'goodnight' and went back to his slumber. Jeon Wonwoo slept with a stupid smile on his face.

 

The next morning was better. The whole group decided to stay in, just to have a little quality time before they come back with their heavy schedules again.

Mingyu and Wonwoo were the only ones in the dorm rooms, they were both laying together on Wonwoo's bed (because it was bigger) reading books and occasionally talking.

Wonwoo smiled down at Mingyu, who was now asleep on his chest, his book dropped on his face. Wonwoo chuckled and placed the book down on the sidetable.

Wonwoo was staring again (but this time he made sure the boy was really asleep), he paid attention to they boy's steady breathing, how his nose crunches up from time to time, and how he looks so peaceful even when he's sleeping.

And that's when Jeon Wonwoo knew, he had fallen in love with Kim Mingyu.

 

The next few days, he felt like the tables were turned. It was him, that was avoiding Kim Mingyu this time. He thought that maybe if he avoided the younger, his feelings would go away. He was terribly wrong.

His feelings got stronger each day, and he longed for him. He missed his hugs, he missed talking with him, he missed reading pointless books with him, he missed him. But he couldn't fall in love with him. Because he knew he would never love him back.

 

It was nighttime and Wonwoo was the first one to excuse himself to sleep, he laid down on his bed, pretending to be asleep until he felt the door open, and then close. He felt the bed next to him dip, and he knew Mingyu was going to sleep.

But instead of the occasional soft snores, what Wonwoo heard was heartbreaking sniffs and sobs. Kim Mingyu was crying. Wonwoo sat up.

"Mingyu?" he asked, turning on his lamp.

"Oh, h-hi, hyung." the boy tried to wipe off the tears and pretend he wasn't crying, but Wonwoo saw- well, heard, everything.

"Why are you crying?" the elder moved to his bed.

Mingyu shook his head and continued crying.

"Tell me," Wonwoo felt his heart being crushed at the sight of Mingyu crying, "please."

"I-Its be-because you're i-ignoring me and I t-thought y-you hate me and I-" Mingyu cut himself off with a sob.

Wonwoo would never thought he would see the day when Mingyu cried. Mingyu looked so tough when they were outside, but inside the dorms he was just a cute little fluff ball.

Wonwoo hugged Mingyu and patted him on the back. Once Mingyu was calm enough and he had stopped crying, they broke apart.

"Hey, Mingyu, I don't hate you, okay? I would never." Mingyu sighed, "In fact, I-I think I'm falling in love with you, Mingyu. It's just, I'm having these confused feelings and I d-don't know. I told you I'd never fall in love but I ju-"

Wonwoo's rambling were soon cut off with a pair of lips on his, and Wonwoo felt his heartbeat racing. Wonwoo closed his eyes and kissed back, and he just wanted to jump up and down with joy. 

When they broke apart, Mingyu was blushing so hard he was red and Wonwoo was smiling like a ing idiot.

"I-I love you too, hyung." Mingyu said and blushed impossibly harder. While Wonwoo smiled impossibly wider.

Wonwoo kissed him again, and they stayed like that for a while. Until they had to break apart from the lack of oxygen.

"I thought you promised you were never gonna fall in love?" Mingyu taunted.

"I guess promises are meant to be broken." Wonwoo replied.

So they slept together in Wonwoo's bed that night, holding each other close, afraid to lose one another.