BCD - Chapter five

Behind closed doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter five:


''Amber..'' A voice called softly out to her. Mhm, is an angel calling for me?

''Amber!'' The voice called out once more in a hiss. ''Amber you better wake the up right now or you're going to be late!'' The push came out so sudden she felt herself fall off the bed. 

''Oops, sorry.'' Came the not so sincere apology. 

Amber flared out her arm's wildly and glared up at the person looming over on the other side of the room. ''The Minzy!?'' She shouted at her best friend who had a wide grin on her face. 

No way was she an angel, she's the devil! ''You wouldn't get up and I didn't want you to be late. What choice do I have?'' Minzy says with innocence.  ''Yeah yeah, you couldn't just shake me like normal people do?'' Amber asked with a somewhat angry tone as she rubs her .

Minzy held up her hands. ''Hey, miss Grumpy no need to get angry now, at least you don't have to rush out of the room in a panic. Damn so ungrateful..'' She mumbled the last bit with a bite.

''You love me,'' Amber said with an air kiss before crawling up and made her way to the bathroom. ''wait- what time is it anyway?'' Minzy made a slow motion to check on her watch and Amber wanted to almost K.O her friend at the teasing. ''It's fifteen past eight.''

[In the living-room]

Minzy makes herself feel at home and heads towards the kitchen. ''God why am I cooking for that brat, I'm not her wife urhg.'' She grumbles but does not stop her movements and takes a pan and whatever necessities it needed for waffles and scrambled eggs.

''I could get paid for this,'' Minzy says to no one. ''bBut she's my best friend.. fine, it's free. Best friend coupon I guess.''

Amber walked in just at the right moment to hear her friend whisper to herself. ''Minzy.. are you talking to yourself again?'' Amber teases.

The bob cut haired woman shoot her an icy glare. ''No,'' She denies with a huff before pointing the spatula at the now sitting tomboy. ''be good or no waffles for you!''

Amber's eyes went wide with alarm. ''W-what no! I'm nice, pretty please don't take away my waffles.. noou~'' Amber whines when she sees her best friend lay those thick, warm waffles on the green plate, which is Minzy's plate and not her's.

''Minzyyyy!'' She pouts with such needy voice that the other woman almost puked. ''Gosh you loser! Fine no need to get all disgustingly sweet to bribe me.''

Amber let out a whoop! and gives her best friend a wide smile. ''Love you!'' Minzy grumbles some more but couldn't help it but say it back. ''love you too, llama.''

=

''Someday I promise you.. someday I'm going to drive this beauty,'' Minzy says with awe. Amber turns her head to the side to see her best friend drooling as she rubs the headboard of her car sensually.

''Hey back off my baby!'' Amber jokes in a somewhat serious tone.. Minzy pouts and does as she is told. ''Why can't I drive it?'' She asks with a sulky face.

''Because,'' Amber begins. ''yYou got to appreciate her, and not drive her around like some toy to be played with, which I know you will.''

Minzy sent her a look. ''Wow, alright miss crazy car lady. So all I need is to step up my game and then I can drive her?'' Minzy asks hopefully. Amber ponders the thought for a moment before nodding.

''YESS!'' Minzy exclaims out enthusiastically and hugs the tomboy. '. '' Minzy! dDon't do that when I'm driving,'' Amber cries out with a tense body as she checks the mirror to see if the people behind her were okay.

...

''Why are you coming with me to work today?'' Amber wonders. ''Because I want to, am I not allowed?'' Minzy questions with a raised eyebrow. Amber shook her head. ''Of course you are, it's just that I'm pretty busy today. My schedule is all packed.'' Amber explains with a sad look.

Minzy nods. ''Just kidding, I know you're busy today because I checked your book. I'm meeting up with a friend near your place so I decided to hop on with you.''

''Is it Jackson?'' Amber says nonchalantly but Minzy could hear the undertone of teasing in her voice. ''Maybe,'' and ignored the tone because she knew Amber would poke fun at her until she was blushing so hard her ears would burning with embarrassment.

Amber makes a noise. ''I've seen him around, seems like a good guy.'' She continues and Minzy hears the slight approval which made her shifts in her seat. She doesn't want to voice out her relief that Amber had approved him for a boyfriend material and agrees with the tomboy. ''He's alright I guess.'' She says with a smile and in the corner of her eyes, she sees Amber glance at her with something in her eyes.

They don't say anything more and Minzy is thankful. It's been awhile since she'd broken up with her last boyfriend, who had crushed her heart with cheating on her with another girl. Imagine how protective and furious Amber had been when she heard about the news.

Long story short, Amber broke his nose and it looked so awful she almost, almost felt bad for him and she'd heard that Amber had kicked the guy between the legs while cursing at him so vulgar that even sailors would've flinched. And then there was a rumor the tomboy had threatened the guy with his life if he ever got near her again.. which she to today never got any confirmation from Amber on it.

And then came the tabloids, stories on stories about Amber punching her ex-boyfriend with her face enraged on the cover and Minzy felt so bad that she had started to cry because she didn't want to mix in her BFF in her because she knew Amber was on a strict rule to stay out of the tabloids from her agency.

Which made the two of them sit down in the living-room with Amber telling her how she shouldn't think like that because Amber was her best friend, her sister-from-another-mother and that all the baggage she was bearing was now her's to bear too. She still remembers how Amber had comforted her after, and Minzy still didn't know how Amber did it but the tomboy had known those tears weren't just for her but for her situation with her ex.

''Minzy?'' Amber's voice brought her out of her thoughts and saw the blonde was looking at her with worry. ''Are you okay, I have called your name for a while.'' Her voice laced with concern.

''Uh- yeah I just remembered something, it's nothing.'' Minzy says to sooth her best friend. And Amber being Amber, just knew what she was thinking and gave her a small smile and eyes flashing with understanding. How she understood.. she didn't know.

''Okay, we're here,'' Amber says as they turn in to the parking lot. ''are you meeting up with him directly or?'' Amber asks as she unlocks the belt and takes her bags from the backseat. ''Mhm,  in ten minutes.''

Amber nods and steps out the same time Minzy does. ''Do I need to pick you up later?''

The smaller woman shakes her head in negative. ''I think I'll catch a ride with Jenny, uh one of my co-workers when I'm going home so no problem, thanks though.'' Amber gives her a thumbs up before leaning in to give her a warm hug. Minzy's favorite hug.. which's probably everyone's favorite hug too if they had experienced it.

''Take care of you okay?'' Amber says with a warm smile and Minzy wondered how anyone could resis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter