BCD - Chapter four

Behind closed doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter four:

 

Lunch went well for both of them, none of the paparazzi saw them sneaking into La Troúye, and boking in a private area to eat which was surprisingly shocking for both of them because they were always followed around. It was a good thing Krystal knew the owner of the restaurant. Now that the food and bills paid, they were waiting for their driver to pull up.

Amber surveyed the room to pass time before her gaze landed on the woman in front of her again for the fourth time in the span of five minutes. She went over in her head if she was going to come up with some topic to talk about while they waited or not. They did have a great conversation flow under the lunch awhile ago but she wasn't sure about now.

She willed herself and coughed to capture the CEO's attention in front of her who was doing something on her phone. ''Uh, Ms. Jung?'

Krystal looked up at her and Amber felt the chill sweep over her body. Ohgosh, did she have some super ice-power? Amber seriously thought as she held back a shiver.

''What did I tell you about calling me Ms. Jung, please call me Krystal. We're both good friends with Victoria and will soon work with each other, so do drop the Ms. for now on, hm?'' Krystal said with a small smile and Amber nodded furiously.

Gosh, I'm already explaining myself to her and acting like I've known her forever. Krystal thought with a weird feeling in her stomach. ''Anyways, what was it you needed?''

Amber bought up her hand to scratch on the back of her neck in nervosity. ''I just wanted to thank you for buying me lunch and, uh for accepting my application for the job.'' She said with a half smile, half grin.

Krystal had to bring up her hand to cover her nose and look away for a second. Oh come on how the heck can she get any cuter, I thought it was impossible!

''No need to thank me, Amber. I'm glad that you like my magazine a lot, what is it that made you like it so much- if I may ask?'' Krystal tilted her head questionly with a quirk of .

Amber wondered for a second on how anyone could give the Ice Queen title this woman. Like, wow she's just very sassy?

Krystal was wonderful with her job and yeah sure she's a bit hard on those who worked with her but that's just how things worked. You wouldn't want anything to go wrong and lose millions of dollars with just one mistake, plus no one would even bat an eye if Krystal were a man and did those things- they would even praise her. Double standards much?

''Ah, well you know it's just that I love the passion and directness that the magazine puts out and doesn't bend itself to be like those other magazines that try to copy the trends to raise their popularity. Instead, it's like your magazine knows what the next trend will be and prints it out before anyone else.. no- it's almost like the Jung Magazine makes the trends!'' Krystal gave her a smile that showed her teeth's and Amber almost got blinded by the sight.

''Well, I'm glad to hear that. You're right we're out before anyone else and that's why we are the highest ranking fashion magazine in the world which sells millions of copies after they're out. You just have to follow the waves of what pops up the most and have keen eyes to notice the difference if it's going to hold or not.''

Amber gazed at her with such admiration that she felt herself blush a bit. ''Woah.. you're amazing you know that?'' Amber said and rested her head on her hands to look at the woman, forgetting to conceal her attraction.

I know what your readers are wondering- will Krystal notice the blaring signals that Amber was sending her? Sorry to crush your hopes but the woman known to have the sharpest eyes for details couldn't for the life of hers notice much difference and thought that it's just how Amber was as a person- a very friendly and open woman.

So Krystal willed herself not to react to the words and thanked the tomboy. Just at the right moment, the phone pinged a message and Krystal picked up the phone with shaky hands and saw it was Thomas, her private driver.

''Thomas is outside. Do you need to go to the ladies room before we go?'' Krystal asked and Amber who's still gazing at the woman with heart-eyes snapped out of her daydream. ''Uh, no I'm good how about you?''

Krystal shook her head in negative and stood up. ''I'm fine, let's go?''

Amber nodded and helped Krystal with her jacket which got her a soft thank you. ''No problem,'' She took a discreet sniff and almost moaned at the perfume Krystal was wearing.

Or it's just her scent.. oh my god I'm addicted already, Amber took another sniff and hoped to heaven that Krystal didn't notice her sniffing like some crazed dog.

The two of them took a moment to talk to the chef and compliment the deliciousness of his dish and the man blushed madly, still couldn't believe that Krystal Jung liked his food. ''Thank you so much, such praise coming from you means a lot to me Ms. Jung!'' He turned to the woman beside his favorite client and said, ''And you, please come back too! It'll be my pleasure to serve you again!''

Amber who had been standing there quietly and listened to the two talk jumped a bit in surprise at his enthusiasm and energy shifting to her. ''O-oh, sure sir. You'll probably see me here often, your dishes have captured my heart already! I hope I won't eat up everything and make you go bankrupt in near future.'' She joked with a grin which made the man laugh loudly.

''Ohh, you're just saying that ahaha, I like you ma'am!'' He said with a wide smile and Amber tipped her imaginary hat playfully to him. Krystal watched the tomboy with a look that almost looked like affection in her eyes.

=

''I've heard from a little bird that you went out to lunch with Amber yesterday,'' Victoria said with a grin as soon she stepped into the office and Krystal groaned loudly. ''Oh please none of that now Krystal, forward with it! What did the two of you talk about yesterday?''

Rolling her eyes, Krystal waved her hand in a dismissal way. ''None of your business.''

Victoria pouted and made an irritated noise. ''Come one, I talked with Amber on the phone last night and I could feel the happiness seep through as she spoke. It must be from the interaction with you, I just know it.''

''You are just making things up Victoria. Why would she be so happy? We have just met.'' Krystal said with a confused frown.

'Oh, you are just too naive with love sometimes, Krystal.' Victoria thought with a shake of her head.

''Plus how do you even know that I went out yesterday with her?'' Krystal narrowed her eyes at her friend. Victoria held up both of her hands in a way that she meant no harm. ''Hey easy, I came back later under the last minute of lunch to see if you've eaten but you weren't here and your assistant said you were out with Amber.'' She explained.

Krystal hmm'ed with a purse on her lips, ''Fine.'' She said in acceptance and spun around in her chair to look out on the huge window behind her-  down the to the sight of the city below from seventy-five floor.

''Fine,'' Victoria mimicked with a laugh and went over to her friend and took up The Book. ''Ohgod what are these?!'' She voiced out with disbelief and astonishment at the disaster in front of her.

Weirdly so, Krystal knew what Victoria was indicatin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter