[Prologue; Sunset]

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue; Sunset

 

 

The wild grass theory.

It’s just like when you were about to cut the stubborn wild grass at the backyard of your house.. If you only cut it so it can’t be seen with eyes, it will grow back again. In order to stop it from growing back, you need to cut it to its roots.

The same goes if you want to erase someone’s memories of you, which means you have to take yourself out of the timeline of his life to erase your trace. In order to change the outcome, you need to cut it from where they were created first.

 

 

It’s softly raining in the middle of an autumn day.

He hisses as raindrops wash over his skin, stinging the wounds along his right arm. He feels broken all over his body, as if his bones were crushed into pieces. He can hardly move his head. Once he can see at his left side, he catches the blurry sight of a few numbers of people in orange suits circling around something. Or maybe someone, judging by the slight tuft of jet black locks peeking from in between.

Help,

He feels nauseous inside.

please, somebody –

Then his eyes flutter as they close.

help –

==

When he opens his eyes again, he sees an entirely different environment through his blurry sight and stinging eyes.

He can’t recognize the place. Maybe he’s already in his own afterlife. Maybe he’s sprawled in front of some judgment court for his sins or stuffs like that. He gives up on trying, because his head is hurting so much he thinks he can’t handle it anymore. Just let it be then. He can’t think of anything anyway.

But then something comes in sight – a pair of legs, white sneakers and tattered jeans. Someone is standing in front of him. Is the person going to help?

The person kneels down. And he hates that he can’t look up because he really wants to see who is kneeling in front of him. He feels the fingers of his right hand are being spread, opening his hand to reveal his palm. Then something warm is being pressed against the skin of his palm before his fingers are closed back again.

A hand is caressing his head, so gently.

“I’m sorry.” the person says.

He really wants to see the person properly, but his eyes are closing once more.

==

Wish Shop is a magic shop residing at the corner of the evening sky.

Your wish will be granted, if you exchange it with the most precious thing that you own.

==

He opens his eyes to the sight of lilac sky in the closest distance he ever had.

Gasping out of shock, he sits up abruptly, realizing that he is sitting on a porch of some kind of a house, or maybe like an antique shop, judging by the exterior and the doors. Where am I? He wonders helplessly as he stares down at his body. His right arm is covered in blood, and his fingers are balled in a fist.

He spread them open, revealing a plain silver band resting on is palm. What is this?

“A rough day, huh?”

He turns to his side, finding someone is already standing next to him, looking down. He doesn’t know what to say, so he just stares.

The man smiles. “I’m Lay.” he says with a friendly smile, offering his hand. “Let me help you out.”

He takes Lay’s hand and stands up slowly, carefully. His body aches, especially at the back side and along his right arm. “Where is this?” he asks in a whisper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter