His Baby Girl

His Baby Girl - Sunggyu

Waiting a little longer, the contractions began to get stronger and more frequent as you the nurses told you that you were ready to deliver. Going to grab the doctor, Sunggyu continued to stay by your side as they pushed your bed out of your room and down the hall to another room especially for deliveries. Turning back around, he checked on Soohee from a distance to see s trying to cheer and keep her entertained however it looked like she was annoyed. Chuckling, he walked into the room with you as they had him quickly change into scrubs before rejoining you at your side.

Getting you all ready and prepped the doctor guided you through delivery as a few screams rang through the room and tears spilled down your cheeks. Comforting words never stopped coming from Sunggyu as the glorious sound of a baby echoed in the room.

“We have a baby” Sunggyu smiled as he kissed the back of your hand.

“How does the baby look?” You questioned as they quickly cleaned up the baby, checking the vitals as well while they finished you up.

“She is a perfect little girl” One of the nurses smiled as they gently set the small baby on your stomach.

“She is beautiful” You whispered, your hand untangling from Sunggyu’s as you carefully held your little girl in your arms.

“She looks just like you, just breathtaking” Sunggyu smiled as he leaned over to get a better look of his daughter.

A few hours later visitors were allowed in your room and both sets of parents, s, his little sister and your siblings filled the room as the two of you showed off your little bundle of joy.

“What are you going to name her?” Soohee questioned as Sunggyu sat on the edge of your bed while your little girl wrapped her tiny fingers around your larger one as she slept.

“Sunggyu came up with the girl names and I came up with the boy names, so I think that he should be the one to do the honors” You smiled and looked up at him, his brown eyes slightly widened as everyone waited on his decision of what the baby’s name would be.

Taking another look at his daughter, he had a lengthy list of names that he had thought of before hand yet one only stood out to him as he looked down at his perfect little girl. Madeline.

“Madeline Kim” Sunggyu announced as his eyes stayed on yours, nodding softly with a smile curling on your lips, you couldn’t help but love the name that he gave your little girl.

A few days later the hospital finally released you and Madeline so both of you could go home. Sunggyu took extra care tending to both of you, making sure to keep you both safe on the drive home, then carrying in all of the bags into your small condo, and even having a sign hung up in the entry that welcomed both of you back home.

“It looks really beautiful in here, Gyu“ You remarked as your eyes slowly scanned the pristine condo, with everything in it’s place yet so welcoming.

“Thank you, I am glad that you like it.” Sunggyu smiled and placed the bags on the large island in the kitchen before standing beside you.

“If you want, you can go change and we can lounge around all day and get used to this parenting thing” Sunggyu placed a hand on your lower back and rubbed it gently while your eyes shifted over to him.

“Do you think you can watch her for a little bit?” You questioned, not wanting him to be stressed or frazzled when trying to take care of Madeline all by himself.

“I am sure” Sunggyu nodded, his hand lifting already to take her from you

“If-” You started but stopped when you heard his voice

“If I need help I will come and get you, or if you are sleeping I will call my parents” Sunggyu took the words right out of your mouth as you just smiled and carefully shuffled Madeline over to him. Placing a kiss on his cheek softly, you made your way upstairs to the second level before looking down at him fondly cradle his daughter lovingly in his arms. 

“Welcome home Maddie, I hope you like it here and that Mommy and I can be good parents to you.” Sunggyu swayed on his feet, watching her sleep peacefully and snuggle more into his chest. “We love you so very much and I have always wanted a daughter, do you know why?”

Madeline hummed softly as her little fingers gripped his loose shirt slightly causing him to smile brighter.

“I always wanted a little girl to play dress up with and do tea parties and play princess and dance with her as she wears her tutu around the house. Does that sound like fun?” He slowly poured all of his hopes and dreams to her both big and little as he wanted to show her right from the start how much he cared for her.

A little while later, her big brown eyes opened and peered up at him as he slowly moved his hand and rested it on her stomach, brushing his finger against her smooth arm. Moving her hand back, she slowly wrapped her finger around his as she held it tightly, lifting his hand up slowly, he brushed her cheek with his thumb ever-so-softly as her little pink lips started to curl into her first smile.

“Why don’t I go show you around your home?” He cooed, carefully rising from the rocking chair, he went room to room showing her the house and simply explaining what each of the rooms do. Heading upstairs, he pointed to the master bedroom and heard the water running as he was happy that you were relaxing a little.

“And this is your room” Sunggyu slowly twisted the beautiful brushed steel handle and pushed open the pure white door, revealing a soft neutral tone on the walls with a beautiful white rocking chair and a beautiful white crib to match.

Pink linens lined the white crib as a pink blanket hung over the back of the chair. White wanes coating lined the walls as the large window allowed light to pour inside. Cute drawings were hung in frames along the wall with her name hung in cursive white letters over her bed.

“Do you like it Maddie?” Sunggyu leaned down to look at her reaction

“I love it” A voice called from the doorway, Snapping his head around, Sunggyu shook his head lightly seeing you in the doorway in comfy pajamas with your wet hair combed from your shower.

“Thank you~ I hope she likes it too” Sunggyu bounced Maddie in his arms a little as she yawned and just stayed still in his arms.

“I think she does, it is a room fit for our little girl” You smiled as you leaned up and kissed his cheek softly.

“I couldn’t ask for a better husband, father and best friend” You looked up into his eyes as he just smiled falling speechless to your words, leaning in he slowly pressed his lips onto yours.

Moving his soft lips slowly with yours, he smiled into the kiss before lightly breaking his lips from yours.

“I don’t think we should kiss in front of her” He whispered looking down at his little girl

“I don’t think she minds, she is sleeping” You reasoned before pecking his lips once more until your stomach grumbled.

“How about I go make Mommy’s favorite for lunch?” Sunggyu smiled brightly as you perked up a little and nodded your head enthusiastically. “Then a nap for both of the parents after…“ Laughing softly, with a nod the two of you headed downstairs to enjoy the rest of the day together as a family.

A new baby is like the beginning of all things, hope, a dream of possibilities.   ~ Anonymous