The Real Thing

His Baby Girl - Sunggyu

“Alright, let me drop Soohee off at Dongwoo’s then we can head to the hospital” Sunggyu easily lifted you off of himself and placed you on the couch as he reclined you against the arm rest and placed a pillow behind your back as he woke Soohee up, explaining the situation as he helped her get on her shoes and pull her next door to Dongwoo’s apartment.

Dropping Soohee off with a slight explanation of what was happening, he quickly ran back to his apartment and scooped you in his arms. On his way to the door, he grabbed the hospital backpack just in case as he slipped on some shoes and locked the apartment.

Night quickly turned into day as you slowly waddled back through the front door of your apartment.

“I am really sorry… I didn’t think it was a false alarm” You apologized for the hundredth time since the doctor told you it was just a false alarm.

“It is alright, we know the baby is healthy and so are you” Sunggyu slipped off his shoes before placing the backpack by the door and kissing your cheek while his hand slipped into yours.

“But you stayed up all night with me for nothing…” You followed him into the kitchen after he pushed the front door closed.

“I didn’t do it for nothing, I did if you for and the baby” Sunggyu smiled as he carefully lead you over and pulled out a chair for you to sit down.

“Well I am still sorry” You looked up at him once you took your seat and leaned back a little as Sunggyu leaned over, resting one of his hands on the table while the other hand slowly brushed across your cheek.

“Don’t be, you were just listening to your body. It was the baby that was just teasing us” A smile slowly broke across his lips as his eyes locked with yours. Nodding slowly, you didn’t want to fight with him anymore.

“Honest, it is okay” He whispered softly before pressing his lips sweetly on yours. The kiss was loving and sweet, with a slight reassurance that indeed everything was alright and he would do anything for you and the baby. Pulling away, he carefully looked into your eyes before squatting down before you.

“What would you and the baby like for breakfast?” He looked up at you as his free hand gently brushed over your stomach.

“We don’t really feel like eating” You whispered softly, “We are more tired than wanting to eat.”

“I’ll get you a glass of water and when you finish that, then we can get you to bed“ He says with a smile as you nod gently.

Standing back upright, he walked over to the cabinets and pulled out two tall glasses before filling them up with ice and water before placing one before you and served with a smile. Heading back over to the fridge, he pulled out some left overs and warmed them up as you sipped your water slowly allowing the cool liquid to slip down your parched throat. Drawing your fingers across the condensation, you drew little hearts as Sunggyu watched you with loving eyes.

“What do you want to name the baby?” You questioned, knowing you two haven’t had time to talk about it lately.

“Well I have a few ideas but I would love to hear your thoughts on names” Sunggyu replied honestly as he took his reheated food and sat across from you at the table.

“I am not really sure on names, if it is a boy I like Namkyu or Kyungsoon or Tanner but I am not sure on baby girl names…” You lifted your glass to your lips as you watched him place a bite of food in his mouth.

“I thought of a few girl names…” Sunggyu inquired as you waited to see what his ideas were, “I like Jessica or Macie or Jaehee too” He told you as you noticed a little twinkle in his eyes.

“Those names are really pretty” You replied, dropping your eyes to your stomach as you wondered if your baby was a boy or a girl.

“Did you have the baby?” Soohee burst through your front door with Dongwoo quickly trotting behind her.

“No not yet, it was a false alarm” You turned your head and looked at her as her pace slowed, her hanging a little lower now.

“That is alright, I am sure the baby will come soon” Dongwoo smiled as he padded over behind you and rubbed your shoulders gently.

“I hope so but then again…” Your nails trailed over your stomach as you became a little nervous.

“Thank you for watching Soohee for the night.” Sunggyu changed the subject seeing your discomfort.

“Oh it was no problem~” Dongwoo smiled, “What is she staying over here anyways?”

“Well my parents went to Jeju Island for the week for their anniversary so we got the honors of babysitting” Sunggyu shifted his eyes to Soohee for a moment to see her watching the movie again.

“She will be easier to take care of than a newborn baby” Dongwoo smiled as he moved from behind you and rubbed your shoulder, “I will see you two around then~”

“Bye Dongwoo” You waved at him as you sipped your water a little more as Sunggyu stood up and walked Dongwoo to the door. Closing the front door, he walked back over to you as he stood beside you, holding out his hand for you.

“Let’s get you to bed, you look sleepy” Sunggyu kindly remarked as you turned and slipped your hand into his before finishing off your water. Heading back to your bedroom, Sunggyu’s hand gently wrapped around yours as the two of you entered your master bedroom.

Guiding you to the edge of the bed, you carefully laid down and tried to get comfortable. Sunggyu helped you all that he could as he laid a light blanket over you, sitting on the edge of the bed, he leaned on his arm which pressed into the bed on the other side of you.

“Everything okay?” He questioned, his fingers gently brushing up and down your arm.

“Yeah, I just hope we are ready for a baby” You told him, your eyes stared up at the ceiling.

“We will be, besides it is a learning process. If we need help we will ask my parents or yours. We will be just fine” He whispered as he kissed your cheek gently before standing up and turning down the blinds.

“Sunggyu?” You watched as he turned towards you as the final set of blinds were turned down. “I love you”

“I love you too” He replied with his words lining with love as he pulled the blanket a little higher on your shoulders, placing another kiss on your forehead before heading to to the door and closing it behind him.

A few hours later, you woke up just slightly to see Sunggyu slipping under the covers.

“It’s alright, just me” He smiled as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders as he placed a few sweet kisses on your cheek.

“Sorry I am sleepy” You mumbled, a yawn escaping your lips

“It’s alright, you need it” He whispered as his warm breath tangles with your hair. Feeling the rise and fall of his constant slow breaths, you drifted back off to sleep until there was another pain in your stomach worse than before. Curling your body into a ball, your hands gripped your stomach.

“Sunggyu” You whined weakly, curling into more of a tighter ball by the minute.

“Is something wrong?” He mumbled tiredly, rubbing his eyes lightly as he slightly adjusted.

“The baby…” You quickly spat out as your breaths became rapid and shallow, “The baby is coming”

“You sure?” He snapped up, becoming a little more awake by now. Nodding your head, he quickly lifted you up in his arms as he went to Soohee’s room and kicked her door, unable to use his hands to knock.

“What?” She whined from behind the door

“Get dressed quick and meet me out in the car” He demanded as you gripped his loose shirt in your hands. Your muscles tensed more as you whimpered from the pain.

“I know” He held you against him as he got the bag and slipped on his shoes and headed out to the car.

A few minutes after getting you into the passengers seat, his little sister slipped into the backseat and he started the car and raced off to the emergency room with his hand in yours.

“Deep breaths sweetie” He coached while weaving in and out of traffic. Trying to breath, you whimpered and whined from the pain as you held his hand tighter and tighter as the time grew on. A little while later, he parked in a close spot to the hospital as he maneuvered you out of the car and back into his arms. Tossing the keys to his little sister, she grabbed the bag and locked the car before running in after the two of you.

Walking through the doors, a nurse brought you over a wheel chair and Sunggyu eased you into the seat.

“Don’t leave me” You pleaded, your hand tangling in the side of his shirt.

“I won’t” Sunggyu moved your hand back into his as he had his little sister come with them as they headed down the winding hallways to the maternity ward.

“Oppa” Soohee called as she stopped on the other side of the room that they pushed you into.

“I’ll get Soohee seated then come back in, I won’t be long” He told you as you slowly let his hand go trusting him that he would come back.

Running outside the room, he spotted Soohee as he pulled out his phone and dialed ’s numbers seeing who was up.

“Just stay right here okay? Hoya is going to come and keep you company” Sunggyu placed her in the waiting room and the movie that was still playing as he ran back into your room as they had already changed you into a gown and hooked you up to the monitors for you and the baby.

“Thank you for coming back” You looked up at him as he slipped his hand back into yours.

“I’ll always come back to you” He kissed your forehead as you held his hand tighter while the nurses moved around you.

“Sunggyu… I’m scared” You confessed as your eyes looked up into his for comfort.

“I know, I am a little scared too but we are going to do this together and you will be a great mommy” Sunggyu smiled genuinely as you couldn’t help but not believing every word that came from his mouth.