Caturday

2NE-WHAT?: A Crackin' Good Time

“Oh GAWD no,” she moaned as she came through the door and the stink of cat hit her like a bag of hammers in the nose. Yes, the smell was crushing. Cat litter, cat poo, catnip, cat toys, cat hair, cat food. Her nerves grated even more when she heard the incessant baby talk and “oojoojoojooo!” coming out of the living room, broken by the occasional scared-sounding meow.

 

Why the hell I ever encouraged her to be friends with that feline, I'll never know.

 

“Unnie, what the hell is this!” Chaerin growled like a lioness as she got to the room and kicked a beanbag across the floor into another pile of stupidly colored toys and cat fur. “I'm in Hong Kong for two days and you turn the place into crazy cat lady land?!”

 

Dara glanced up with the shiniest eyes Chaerin had ever seen from where she was bottle-feeding Dadoong, who was (probably unwillingly) wearing her favorite bonnet and socks. “Welcome home! Isn't he the sweetest? My little Romeo! Oojoojoo!” she tickled his furry tummy. Chaerin could already see all the scratches on her arms from when she'd done this so many other times in probably even the past hour.

 

But this time she was lucky. Lucky because Dadoong saw Chaerin, and he threw himself out of Dara's lap to run and jump on her and curl around her neck like a kitty-flavored muffler and meow incomprehensible sweet nothings into her ear. Chaerin just ignored it and kept glaring at Dara. This happened every time, even though she'd told him early to break it off so Dara wouldn't be jealous. But the cat was obsessed with her. God knows why.

 

But as soon as Dara realized her baby Dadoongie was out of her grip, the invisible switch for her crocodile tears and tantrums turned itself on. Her crying – a sound kind of like a dying goose and one of the main reasons sajangnim refused to let her act for real – was almost as annoying as the smell. Chaerin rolled her eyes and waved off the hearts and 'CL noona I wub yoo~~' speech bubbles floating up into her face from Dadoong before waving a not-so-magic arm across the room. “Quit bawwing and clean this up!”

 

“Daaaadoooooong-aaaaaah!!!” Dara kept wailing, shaking the bottle of milk at Dadoong to try and get him to come back. “Come back to meeee! Chaerin noona doesn't love you like I do! SHE COULD NEVER LOVE YOU LIKE I DO!!!”

 

“She's probably right, you know,” Chaerin muttered to Dadoong, who slumped onto her shoulder with a disappointed-sounding meow. “Don't take it personal, but you smell bad. Probably because your noona never cleans up after your crap!” she snarled in Dara's direction, but that just made the dying goose sounds get louder.

 

“You're so mean! Dadoongie and I even baked you a muffin for when you got home but all you do is steal my Doongie away and yell at Daroong! You're! So! MEAN!” Dara flumped onto the floor, making a cloud of cat hair puff up around her.

 

Chaerin glanced over the kitchen counter at the aforementioned muffin, plucking Dadoong off her shoulder though he just clamped around her leg after that, and she raised a suspicious eyebrow at the little brown speckles in it and sniffed it. She backed up so fast she knocked her favorite Rilakkuma magnet – really just a magnet she'd glued to a tiny Rilakkuma and stuck it up there – off the fridge. “Ugh! Your muffin has cat food in it!! Double-you-tee-eff, unnie! You trying to kill me?!”

 

“What?” Dara looked up at her like an unaware puppy. “I thought it was tasty.”

 

“Eeeeeewwww!!!” Chaerin practically shrieked cuz it was too gross to just say it normally. Dadoong made a huge floaty heart; for some reason he especially loved it when she was grossed out. “What's wrong with you both?!”

 

“You don't want my muffin?” Dara started to cry again. The couch was all wet by now. Maybe she should act in silent films cause the girl could certainly cry some big- convincing tears.

 

“Stop crying!!!” Chaerin whined. “You're gonna flood our house again and we'll have to buy another new TV!!”

 

But despite being very good at starting crying, Dara wasn't very good at stopping it. Now there was kind of this huge puddle on the carpet. Dadoong had climbed onto Chaerin's by now and his speech bubbles now read 'CL noona marreh mee~~' though in all the times he'd asked her that she'd never seen a ring. Freakin' deadbeat cat.

 

“I said stop crying and clean this crap up! If you don't shut up right now I'm gonna... I'm gonna...!!”

 

“WHAT?!” Dara suddenly got up and confronted her, pointing her finger gun threateningly. “WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!”

 

“I'M GONNA SCREW YOU SENSELESS!!!”

 

“I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TR.... uhh?”

 

She couldn't help it. Dara was just so ducking hot when they were fighting.

 

Dadoong slid off of Chaerin's and onto the floor with his piles of fur when she went and picked up Dara noona and carried her away. And then a minute later covered his ears with his paws as his noonas started saying a bunch of words in her room he'd never heard them say before but was pretty sure were not appropriate for a two year old cat.

 

 

Finally, some peace, quiet and cleanliness.

 

Chaerin had tried to let Dadoong down gently, but she thought he was probably pretty offended. He didn't even give her one floaty heart when he left that afternoon and his only speech bubbles consisted of '(o_O)' and '(-_-+)'. Well, it was pretty confusing times for a little cat like himself. She recommended a good psychiatrist for him to Chundoong. Though no way did she tell him why.

 

Now that Dara had cleaned the house as agreed under *cough* duress, Chaerin was happily sprawled on her bed, reading her Winnie the Pooh book and squeeing over the bear pictures, not realizing they were all the same Pooh bear. But a large shadow suddenly crossed her vision, and she looked up to see Dara with a ginormous pile of sweaty clothes in her arms. Like, ginormous. For real big, and sweaty.

 

“Is that your dirty laundry?”

 

Dara's answer was to dump it all on top of her and kick her in the shin.

 

“Owww, what the hell!!”

 

“Come on!” Dara kicked her again.

 

“Are you trying to die?!!”

 

“Get up, stupid! Get up and fu – I mean fight me already!!!” She ran away calling her the meanest names she could think of, which didn't make any sense to Chaerin because she'd made them up.

 

Dangit, why's she gotta be so hot...

 

 

“....SANDARA PARK!!!”