First Monthly Evaluations

Intangible Love [Reviewing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is your first performance in front of the school. Nervous?" Junhoe and Jing were both at the right wing of the stage while Xin and Jaewon was at the left. This was the school's annual fundraising fair and the school committee had invited them to perform in it.

"You think too lowly of me. Besides,  I've confidence in your song," Junhoe looked in the mirror yet again to make sure his styled hair was not messed up, missing the annoyance that flashed across her face. For the past month, he had gotten closer with every member of the band and had also gotten around to calling them his closest friends, not that he would actually tell them that.

"Seriously. Stop being a bootlicker and just stop looking into that damn mirror! You look perfectly fine!" She dragged him away from the mirror and placed a microphone into his hands. Her drum set would be move on stage by the backstage crew though Jing was worried that they would screw her precious drum set up.

"Just to make sure. Why are you so strung up anyway?" He finally looked at her long enough to notice that she was rubbing both her hands together. "Wait..." His eyes narrowed, "Are you nervous?"

"Yes, so what?" she snapped. Ever since young, she had stage fright yet the stage was where she only wanted to belong. She did not usually screw up when she went on stage, but before that, she would be on tenterhooks.

"That's new. I've always thought you were full of confidence."

"There's a reason why i want to be a producer or composer instead of a singer or rapper," Jing retorted, but her hands were still trembling slightly. Junhoe wanted to say something back, but seeing how worked up she was, he held back. After some consideration, he gently placed his hands on top of hers to stop the trembling. She looked up at him, surprised, "What's this for?"

"Calm down. You have me on stage with you," he paused, "and Xin and Jaewon. There's nothing to fear. Besides," he striked a pose, "the star is me, not you."

Jing let out a grin, "Idiot," and Junhoe was just glad he managed to placed that smile on her face.

~

It was the monthly evaluations and Jing was, as usual, nervous. She knew that when the music started playing, she would forget all the nervousness and perform her best, but she was still a nervous wreck before the evaluations.

"Are you nervous?"

Years ago, someone asked her the exact same question.

"Mild stage fright. Don't worry, I'll be fine when the music starts playing. You ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter