A new friend

Intangible Love [Reviewing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They told me you would be here," a deep voice broke her concentration and she turned to see the newcomer, Junhoe, right behind her. He was their newest addition and Jing had to admit that he was way better than she had expected him to be. Not that she would admit to him, of course.

"Well, they shouldn't have. I'm not interested in talking to anyone right now," Jing returned to her macbook to continue working on the new piece of music that she would send to brand new music, in hopes that they would take her in. The school's rooftop was the best place to get some silence, with only the occassionally rare couple coming to have some alone time. 

"Do you always talk to everyone like that?" Junhoe, without permission, sat down next to her and peered over her shoulders to the macbook's screen. Feeling the unwanted presence, Jing slammed her macbook shut and turned to him, her glare expressing her anger clearly, "Why exactly are you looking for me? Can you just say what you want and give me back my peace?" 

"I just wanted to learn how you compose..." He muttered and the slight expression of eagerness on his face was caught by Jing, though he managed to hide it fairly well. If Jing was not so adept in reading people, she would have missed it. 

"Inspiration. Equipments. That's how. Now, can you leave me in peace?" Jing was not prepared to share her things, she had always worked alone. 

"Okay, then." Her sharp eyes did not miss the disappoinment that flashed across his face and sometthing in the forlorn tone of his voice struck a chord in her heart. She hesitated as he stood up to leave, "Wait, do you want to hear what I've done? 

"I can? really?" Junhoe looked surprised.

"Yes, now come over before i retract my offer."

Junhoe scampered over and she plugged out her headphone to change it to an earpiece, offering one side to Junhoe before pressing the play button on her software. The hip hop beat started playing and Junhoe could not help but smile. It was good, really good and Junhoe wondered why those entertainments she tried for refused to take in such a talent.

"So how is it?" She asked when the beat ended. 

"It's great. Comparable to those composers from YG."

"You're exaggerating," Jing rolled her eyes but she could not hide the smile that spread throughout her whole face.

Junhoe also could not help but think that her smile was so so beautiful.

~

She was huddled in the corner of the the training building's rooftop. She did not know if she's allowed to be here, but she did not care. She needed comfort, something to anchor her down and somehow, a place similar to the first place where Jing and Junhoe interacted outside practice gave her that.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter