Chapter 17

Light

💡

“Appa. I’ll just be at the park.” She told her father as she puts on her coat.

“Please be back before dinner this time, okay?” He sighed.

“Ye~” She shortly replied.

“I hope he’s there…” She told herself as she enters the elevator.

“Who’s ‘he’?” Chanyeol asked from behind her.

“Omo!” She shouted, shocked from his unexpected presence.

“Where did you come from?” She asked, catching her breath.

“I was going down to visit you. So who’s ‘he’? Was it me?” Chanyeol asked her, confident as always.

“tch. No.” She coldly replied.

“Then… is it that guy you were with yesterday?” He asked.

“Maybe. Why do you care? Are you jealous?” She asked to .

“Me? HA! Me? jealous of him? Why would I be? It’s not like we’re datin--”

Before Chanyeol could finish his sentence, the elevator came to a stop.

“Ung? Why isn’t it opening?” She asked.

“Y-ya… why did the lights turn off?” He added.

Chanyeol moved to the front of the elevator to press the emergency button. “Aish. Why isn’t this working?” He uttered as he keeps pressing the button.

“Idiot. You might break the button.”

“At least I’m trying to get us out of here.” Chanyeol protested.  “The elevator must’ve been affected by the rain last night.”

_____ stepped back to the corner of the elevator and sat down.

“Y-ya… Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked her, worried about her sudden silence.

“I’m fine. I’m just a bit claustrophobic.” She replied.

Chanyeol carefully sat next to her. “We’ll be fine. I’m sure the guards have already noticed and are taking care of it now.”

_____ hugged her knees and rested her forehead on them. “Okay…”

Without saying anything, Chanyeol plugged an ear phone into _____‘s right ear and plugged the other into his.

“Just listen to the music… it’ll help you forget the situation.”

_____ closed her eyes and rested her head on Chanyeol’s shoulder as she listens to the music.

“_____.” He called.

“Ung?”

“I’m sorry I didn’t say anything yesterday.”

“Why should you be sorry? You didn’t do anything wrong. Besides… like you said a while ago, it’s not like we’re dating.”

“Right… We’re friends. But still… I shouldn’t have let some stranger take you away.”

_____ chuckled at Chanyeol’s unusual serious tone. “It’s okay. He’s a good guy.”

“So… Do you like him?” Chanyeol awkwardly asked her.