Four

First Blush

As requested by a couple of you!


iv.  The One Time They Went Home Together

...haruharu iroke
nae maeum sogen neul hangsang
neobakke eopseo

The lights dimmed as his setlist came to a close.  Some whistles and hoots could be hear from the crowd before the lights were brought up again, blue, green, and magenta streaks flashing throughout the club. Sunggyu bowed and made his exit off the left side of the stage as usual as the heavy bass of club music started up again. 

"Sunggyu!" A familiar voice called out from the crowd.

He looked up to see Sungyeol making his way through to crowd towards him.  When he finally reached him, he gave him a slap on the back and pushed an envelope into his hand.

"Yeol, you shouldn't have--" He tried to decline the envelope, but the club owner was adamant about it.

"You bring me an extra ten to fifteen percent increase of revenue on the nights you get on stage.  It's the least I can do."

Sunggyu took a peek into the envelope and his eyes widened with his jaw nearly hitting the ground.  

"This is way too much!"

"You deserve it." There was a finality in his voice that pretty much said, 'take it, or I'll make you eat it.'

"Thanks, Sungyeol."

The two of them made their way to the bar to grab a drink.  For Sunggyu, it was time for him to wind down before his shift at the cafe the next morning.  The hours weren't that bad between playing at the club and working at the cafe, but sometimes the repetitiveness would wear him down a little.  On the other hand, Sungyeol's night was at its peak, with Friday night dinners coming to a close and the scavenge for nightlife beginning.

Out of the corner of his eye, Sunggyu saw the man he had been trying to forget for the past week.  Their eyes met for a split second and he felt himself getting flustered.

“Is that the guy that Sungjong was talking about?” The club owner asked curiously as he observed Sunggyu’s demeanor.

“What kind of rumors has he been spreading now?” He huffed in response.

That boy seriously had no boundaries when it came to gossip.  It made sense that he was working on a journalism degree.

“Well, it doesn’t really matter what he’s told me...the hottie in question has actually been asking my bartenders about you.” Sungyeol said grinning.

It was true that he had overheard his employees in the waterhole talking about a rather handsome man asking about Sunggyu’s schedule.  He was clever enough to put two and two together to know that this was the guy that his younger brother had been talking about. 

“M--me?” He asked uncertainly to only receive a nod.

He shifted his gaze towards Woohyun again to see him looking his way.  This time when their eyes made contact, the younger smiled and nodded off to his friends before weaving himself between several groups of people to get to the singer.

“Hey.” He said smiling brightly.

“Hi.” Sunggyu replied slightly in awe that he had came up to talk to him.

“Hello to you too.” Sungyeol butted in, feeling a little left out in their exchange.

Woohyun prompted introduced himself to the club owner with a solid handshake, honestly not really noticing the other man that had been talking to Sunggyu before he came over.

“Well I’ll leave you two cool kids alone...I spy a cutie over yonder.”  He said excusing himself from the pair and made his way to a half drunk patron that he felt the need to take care of.

“You were great as usual.” The younger complimented when he finished watching the man make his way over to his still heartbroken friend.

He gathered that Myungsoo could probably use some attention, be it a man or a woman’s.

“Thanks...you’re not kidding that you’re here quite often.” Sunggyu replied taking a sizable gulp from his gin and tonic, nervously looking at the bubbles inside his drink.

“Yeah, well I didn’t want to miss a chance seeing you.” He replied with confidence, as though he had been waiting to say those words.

The elder nearly spat out his drink when his brain managed to process what he said.

‘He’s clearly hitting on me, isn’t he?’ He thought to himself.

“Are you alright?” Woohyun asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

His hand felt warm, just like the last time he had touched him.  He could feel that warmth spread from his shoulder to the rest of his torso and slowly down his abdomen.  He also felt a gentle tingly sensation at the pit of his stomach.

“Y--yeah.” He responded after a moment, perturbed by how he was reacting to just a simple touch from a stranger he barely knew. “Are you sure your girlfriend would be alright with you saying things like that?”

He watched as Woohyun’s eyebrows furrowed together in confusion at his words, slightly cocking his head to the side in the process.

“Girlfriend?”

“The girl you were with last time, isn’t that your girlfriend?” Sunggyu asked.

He had no idea if the younger was trying to play him at this point.  From the way he had seen them interact with one another, it seemed like they were more than just friends.

“Sujeong!?  She’s my sister!” Woohyun exclaimed as realization hit him as to who he was referring to.

There was a moment of awkward silence when both of them processed what had just transpired.  The two of them slowly broke out into a fit of giggles, realizing that a misunderstanding had been standing in their way this entire time.

“So, now that you know I don’t have a girlfriend, what are your plans for tonight?” He closed the space between the two of them, playing around with the rim of glass of whiskey he had bought over.

Sunggyu visibly gulped, feeling the alcohol throbbing through his system, along with the excitement of being so close to this man.  His eyes trailed from his mischievous gaze down to his moist lips before flickering back up.  His was so close to him that he could smell the sweet scent of Woohyun’s cologne rolling off his body.  He gathered up all his courage over the last couple of weeks thinking about this man and what it might be like to actually pursue something with him and whispered:

“Wanna come back to my place?”


Thank you for tuning in!

Bonus chapter will be posted on Saturday~

I wonder what will happen... ;3