Two

First Blush

ii.  The Second Time Sunggyu Saw Woohyun

He remembered seeing him two weeks ago when he was on stage.

He had dark brown, almost black hair styled haphazardly, reminiscent of a recent romp.  His eyes seemed to have a mischievous twinkle to them and he was smiling every time he looked at him, even while he was talking to his friend.  Their eyes met a few times but Sunggyu felt his face redden before turning away abruptly, knowing that he had been caught staring rather blatantly at him.

“Hyung, just go over there and talk to him, for God’s sake.” The pinkette teasingly said next to him.

The elder grumbled something under his breath that was barely audible from the loud bass thumping in the background.

“I’m guessing you’re trying to say ‘he’s way out of my league’ or ‘it’s too embarrassing to do something like that’.  Seriously, you can get on a stage and sing in front of nearly 300 people but you can’t just talk to one guy?”

Sunggyu huffed that he was so easily read by his friend.

“What you need is some liquid courage.”  Sungjong decided for him and bounded off to the bar to return a few minutes later with a round tray of a dozen shots.

“Are you crazy, I don’t want to lose half my brain before I even talk to him!” His eyes widened realizing how many shots there were.

“Shut up and drink. No one said they were all yours anyways.” The pinkette said knocking back one of the colorful shots. 

Although reluctant, the elder decided it wouldn't be such a bad idea to loosen up a bit. The few two shots stung as usual, but by the fourth shot, Sunggyu was starting to think that this was a bad idea.  His head was feeling fuzzy and throbbed dully, the telltale signs of beginning to get tipsy.  The hot guy he had been idea eyeing had a beer in his hand now and every time he took a swig, it revealed a seductive neckline to him. 

After the sixth shot, Sunggyu had made up his mind to march over to the said hot guy. As he turned confidently from the his pink-haired friend, he saw a girl next to him holding on to his arm. From his slightly intoxicated vision, it seemed like she was whining about something and giving him a cutesy pout to boot. He watched as the man nodded reluctantly towards her, causing her to break out in a wide smile as she pulled him away from his group. 

The confidence that had been pumping through his body slowly dissipated into disappointment as he turned back to the table. 

"Damn...do you think that was his girlfriend?" Sungjong asked as he watched the pair walk away. 

"Probably...it's hard to believe someone like him wouldn't be taken already." He replied staring at the seventh shot. 

The younger of the two decided it would be a good idea to cut him off from any more alcohol, lest it goes downhill from here. The last thing he wanted to do was haul Sunggyu's back to his flat and miss out on any opportunities for himself.

"Plenty of fish in the sea, hyung!  Don't sweat it!" He said encouragingly, adding a solid slap to his back for good measure. 

Sunggyu nodded slowly, his mind still preoccupied with the man that seemed to elude him.


 

Chapter 3 has been prepped for tomorrow~

Thank you for reading lovelies~

<3