Thank you.

I am his Maid

 

It was already past 3pm when we, Hankyung, Siwon, Eunhyuk and me, were walking down a corridor in the break. Everything was normal. Hankyung was in his usual cold and stoic self, Siwon and Eunhyuk were talking about the passed days, and I was just trailing behind, while they got adored from all sides. This situation reminded me of my own school. The times back then.. 

"Who do you think you are?" I heard a female voice shout from a side corner. Glancing over I saw a small group of girls blocking the way of 2 frightened girls. Of course I recognized her immediately. Where was her problem again? 

Walking up to Uee and her gang I cleared my throat making her turn around annoyed. She glared at me while I stared at her unimpressed. 

"Is there a problem?" 

"You are. " She hissed. 

"I wasn't talking to you. I asked the ladies. So are you ok?" I looked at the girls who looked terrified at Uees gang.

"I-I just wanted to give this to Hankyung, but then... Uee" She was at the very edge of breaking down in tears. 

Looking back at Uee I asked her where her problem is. 

"My problem? Besides you always coming in my way? This girl wanted to waste Oppas precious time by giving him this ugly small present.!!" 

"I don't see any problem"

She snorted despairingly "I am just trying to protect hi--"

"Are you his mother or something? What are you trying to protect him from? From getting small chocolates and presents? From girls confessing their feelings towards him?" 

"I--" She gulped nervously.

"What is wrong with telling your feelings?. Why don't you let them tell? Why don't you just let Hankyung deal with it by himself. Oh wait let me guess... This is not the real reason why you are 'protecting' him right? There is something more. You are afraid. Am I right? ---" 

She looked at me with big eyes "I--" Her voice wavered.

"Heechul.? What's wrong?" Hankyung came up to me with his hands in his pockets and Siwon and Eunhyuk walking behind, the rest of the crowd looking from the other corridor we came from.

"You were suddenly gone. What are you doing?"

 I smirked "Oh nothing really... I just caught Uee bothering a girl. You see, that girl" I pointed at the girl with the box in her hand "wanted to tell you something, but Uee had to in." Hankyungs eyebrows twitched as he looked at Uee making her feel insecure "I just... " Her voice was just a whisper. 

I mentioned her gang to part and make space for the girls to step up to Hankyung and me.

"Hankyung-Oppa, please accept this." She said and handed him a present. Uee observed how Hankyung took the package and smiled at the girl. "I really like you. I wanted to tell you since I first saw you, but well" she glanced at Uee, who has been clenching her fist. 

"Thank you very much." Hankyung simply said. 

Her face lit up in relief and she looked up at him once more before starting to walk pass him. She looked at me once more mouthing something like "Thank you", before finally disappearing in the crowd. I smiled at her .

Looking back at Uee I could see the change in her expression. She was mad and angry before, but now she seemed to be sad. So I was right after all...

 

"Heechul let's go" Hankyung said not bothering to waste a single look at Uee. I nodded and walked behind him as well as Siwon and Eunhyuk. I'll finish this one other time.. 

 

~*~

 

We were sitting in the empty classroom, talking when suddenly a melody played. 

Eunhyuks hands roamed over his body searching for his phone. His eyebrows rose and a smile appeared on his face when he saw the caller's ID.

We fell silent and looked at him answering the phone, wondering who called him at that time.

"What's up?..... Yeah... sure..." He held the phone to my direction "Hyung, it's for you." 

For me? Who could it --    "Hello?" 

"Hyung! Are you free today?" Of course I recognized the voice of my favorite dongsaeng. 

"Whether I am free today??" I asked aloud, since I didn't know and waited for a reaction from Hankyung. He grimaced a bit. "Donghae wait a second. " I shielded the phone and talked to Hankyung "Are we free today?" 

"Actually no.." Sighing I talked back to Donghae "I'm sorry. Seems like I don't have time today.." 

"Buut Heechul!! I really need to meet you!!! Please! Just for a few minutes..." I glanced at Hankyung who now crossed his arms and pursed his lips. 

After thinking for a while I finally answered him "Fine. Same place as always?" Hankyung raised his arms as like he was asking what I was doing. I just rolled my eyes.

"Yes! Thanks Hyung!!! Meet you there."  

I handed the phone back to Eunhyuk who took it and talked to Donghae for a few minutes turning away from us. 

"What is all that about?!" 

I looked at Hankyung before answering him "I don't know what happened, but Donghae wants to meet up. So I am going to see him after school. Whether you like it or not" 

"But I need to get things done today!" 

"So? We can finish afterwards!" 

"It will take us longer!" 

"Look he is one of my best friends. He is my favorite dongsaeng. He is like my smaller brother. I'm not, I am repeating, not going to leave him behind, just because of your stupid plans. "

"Let me remind you that you work for me." He answered harshly.

"Hyung." Siwon butted in "Just let them. You can still do whatever you planned afterwards."

Hankyung stared at me for a while before finally agreeing. "Fine. But promise that you will come to help."

 I smiled "Sure" 

The same moment Eunhyuk laughed still talking on the phone "Really? This is great!... Yeah.. Bye!" He ended the call and turned towards us. He didn't seemed to have heard any of our conversation.

~*~

Later at 'Coffee Bucks':

I entered the cafe Donghae and I used to meet up whenever we had time. I spotted him in the corner and walked over to him sitting down in the seat opposite of his. 

"Heechul!" He smiled widely as he saw me but his expression changed to confused "What is he doing here? I thought you weren't friends?" He said mentioning at Hankyung who sat down next to me, mustering the simple and not luxurious cafe. He clearly isn't used to visit normal places like this.

"We have something planned afterwards" Hankyung answered bluntly not caring to look at my friend.

"Ahh.. No it's fine! I just wanted to talk to Heechul about school." 

"Ok" 

"Well you know, since you left, many people ask me about you. What you are doing, where you are, whether you will come back and stuff... They ask me all the time as well as Kibum but we just don't know what to answer. It's scary to have them follow us and bother us with their questions... I don't know what I was supposed to say..."

"Just tell them that I changed my school. I think this should stop them for a while. But tell me how is your life? You know?" 

"What do you want?" Hankyung interrupted our talk to place my and his order. 

 

"So?" I continued and observed how Donghaes eyes shifted to his cup of hot chocolate. He hesitated before muffling into his blue scarf. 

Even thought I didn't understand what he said, I knew what was going on.

"The kids.. They don't just ask you right? They bully you." 
"..."

I stood up "Aish.. I'm gonna kick their butts.. I swear. They should hide the next time I see them. I'm gonna rip their heads off for good"

"No! Hyung!" The heads of the other guests turned towards us, while Hankyung just sipped his caramel macchiato nonchalantly. 

I sat down again

"Hyung.. it's actually not that bad... Really... You don't have to come and protect me. Really." 

"Fine" I still wasn't satisfied by his words.. In school, he always got bullied. They call him names like crybaby and stuff... Well it was a hard time when all this started... A time full of pain.. When his father died.. It was one of the first high school days. Over vacation his father has been hospitalized. He spent day and night by his fathers side. But then school started and just two days later his father died. He came running over the school ground to me and Kibum, with tears over his face.. He broke down in my arms crying hard about the loss.. From then on he has been treated badly by other students and Kibum and I promised each other to take good care of Donghae. 

Our talk slowly came to an end as we started to collect our stuff from the small table and dressed ourselves in our warm jackets. 

"Just wait a second I am gonna pay " Hankyung said to me and walked to the counter to pay for his and my drink. Donghae eyed him weirdly..

"How come that you are not friends, when he even pays your drink?" Aish.. this smart boy.. 

"Well... that is..." what should I say? I don't think I should tell him now that I actually work for him. Well that wouldn't be the problem.. But the fact that I work as a maid, you know?

"Ehmm.. Because I forgot my purse!"     "Oh ok then"

 

"Donghae" I said as we exited the cafe "Whenever something happens, Don't bother to call me- I mean Eunhyuk ok?" 

"Yeah" he smiled as I mentioned Eunhyuks name. 

"Good. Take care then ok?" 

He nodded and grinned "Yeah see you soon!" He said hugging me tight 

I pulled away "See you soon?" 

"Yepp. I'm coming to your school next week. I am gonna meet up with Eunhyuk" 

I raised my eyebrows "Great! See you then!" 

Just as I finished this sentence two icy cold hands lay on my exposed neck (since I forgot my scarf) and pulled me towards the car. 

Hankyung walked pass the group of teenager, who lazily posed in front of his luxurious car taking pictures. 

"Oppa!" One girl screamed shooting photos while he walked to the front seat and I sat in the passenger seat. He waved them once before closing the door sighing. 

 

The people watched as we left and drove to the shopping mall in the noble part of the Centre.

 

~*~

 

Sighing I walked behind Hankyung into the shop. I think this is the 20th store we entered today. We have been walking for 3 hours now searching for a good looking suit for the party. 

As before he chose a few suits and walked over to the changing room, while I sat on a free chair and waited for him to come out. He would usually look at me with no emotion at all and wait for an opinion. 

I have to admit, he looked good in every one of them.. Well except for that green checked suit. My grandfather always wore such suits.. 

So a BIG FAT NO!!!!  I shook my head rapidly.. How come he even tried this one?!

"And this one?" He came out in a black suit with silver decoration at his pockets and a small chain hanging at his shoulder.

It looked cool so I nodded my head. "I don't know" he said and looked at the mirror again

I sighed "Look Young Master, every suit you've tried suits you well. This one actually looks very cool and good."

He raised an eyebrow.

I hoped that he finally decided "Nope" he said and closed the door again. 

Standing up I slowly made my way out "I'm going to the toilet. I'll be right back" 

"Just don't get lost!" 

 

 

 

20 minutes later:

Where the hell am I? The way towards the toilets was rather easy.. But where did I come from? I was walking around for 15 minutes already and passed numerous shops we have been in before. 
 

Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Tommy Hilfiger, Louis Vuitton, etc.. But where did I actually come from?! 

I walked around the mall searching for the right store, but as like it was bewitched, I couldn't find it. Why does this mall need to be so huge?!

Another 20 minutes passed as I sat down on a sofa somewhere in this huge place. I have completely lost orientation now. 3 levels, 323 stores are definitely too much for me..

"Heechul!!" Somehow it is nice to hear his voice again. And I can swear that I heard a hint of relief. 

Hankyung appeared in front of me "Which part of 'don't get lost' didn't you understand?" He asked slumping down next to me.

"I'm not a freaking compass..." I pouted and was really happy that he found me after... 50 minutes!? Which means that it was past 7 now... I'm starving... 

"Don't make me worry again." Surprised I looked at him  "You were worried?" 

He blinked "Of course I was! I was searching for you for almost 40 minutes! Everyone would get worried"

I snorted "I'm sorry. But you did find a suit, right?" 

After a moment of eye contact he answered "Nope... I couldn't decide between the gray Prada suit with the brown stripes at the edges or the black Armani suit with the silver decoration at the pocket and the chain at the shoulder..." 

I nodded slowly. 

"So?" 

"What so?" I asked back 

"Which should I choose?"

"It's your decision!"

"Yeah I know, but I want to know your opinion. That's the reason why I brought you." 

"My opinion?" He noosed "Well. You look good in every suit." 

"Yeah yeah.." 

"No seriously!! I mean, it doesn't matter what you wear, you always look handsome and cool. Whether you wear a white t-shirt with a vest and an ochre leather jacket like now, or a black suit. You look good." 

"So you are saying that I am handsome?" He asked teasingly.

"Uhm... well... y-yes" Why am I stuttering?!!! 

He just laughed and stood up. "Think about the suit and don't move from here. I'll be right back" with that he disappeared in the crowd.

 

...

JUST WHY THE HELL DID I TELL HIM SUCH .... WEIRD AND EMBARRASSING THINGS??!! It sounds so weird! 'You look handsome no matter what you wear' WTH?! I have to admit he does.... BUT NO!!! THIS WAS WRONG!!!.... Aish.... 

 

Few minutes later he came back with a small black paper bag. Curiously I wanted to peek in, but he hid it behind his back. 

"So?" he asked as I stood up still a bit flushed. 

"I liked the Armani more..." I almost whispered in embarrassment 

"Good!!! Me too" He smiled at me, took me by my wrist and led us back to the Armani store to finally buy the suit.

I tried to peek into the bag again, but he snapped it away from me.. "Later."

 

Eventually we left the mall and much to my satisfaction we drove to a restaurant to eat for dinner. The food was delicious!!!!! I ate so much at once that I made Hankyung laugh at me...  We talked and laughed about random things and stories.

I really enjoyed this dinner. It was fun.

Leaving the restaurant he paid for us and we sat in the car. Just then he pulled out the black bag and handed it over to me. 

He fastened his seatbelt and drove onto the streets of Seoul. 

"What is it?" I asked making him laugh "All day long you wanted to peek in, and now when you can open it, you ask what it is?" His eyes didn't leave the street.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out the black box out of the black bag.

 

My eyes widened as I realized what it was...

The newest TWs. The leading mobile brand Hankyungs father owns. It was really expensive and out of reach for normal people. It had very high quality and many functions. It got released only a few days ago. 

"What... is.... this?" 

"It's for you" Even if my question was formulated stupidly he understood what I actually meant.

"See it as a small thank you gift for the last days. Plus, it's easier to find you when I can call you right?" He grinned as my eyes widened and I turned to look at him. "I also already saved my number so that you can call me whenever you want."

 I couldn't accept such a gift form him. It was way to expensive to just give it as a present. It was a present for nothing in particular... I just helped him with organizing the party and stuff. But that was part of my job... I-I think...

"But---" I wanted to protest.

"Heechul" He cut me off and we stopped at a red light. He turned towards me and looked into my eyes.

"Really, Thank you" this simple words were full of sincere.

 

 

And there it was again. That weird warm feeling inside of me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello there! has been a long time!! Sorry for making you wait for so long. :/  

 

Kiss and Kill check it out please! ;)

 

And comment more... You know this keeps me going! 

And BTW

 

the concert..

WAS AWESOME!! *____* DUJUUUUN & HYUNSEEUUUNG :3