I am not bound to please thee with my answer. -Shakespeare

I am his Maid

I entered Hankyung office and saw him tapping his foot onto the floor "Finally! What took you so long?"

"I--"    

"Guess what?!! I don't really care!!!" I closed my mouth again..  gosh...  "On the birthday party.." He began

 

 

"You'll be serving as a maid." Wh-What did he say?? Me serving as a Maid on a formal event?! Is he insane?! How can I serve so many people?! And what about Siwon and Eunhyuk? Siwon already knows but Eunhyuk!? I'll get recognized!!  I don't want to!!

"But--"

"I don't care what you think! This wasn't a question! It's an order. And now get your out of here"

I was shocked. Never have I seen that side of him. It was hard to control myself from running up to him and stuff his mouth with papers.

Clutching my hand into a fist I bowed and murmured a fainted  "Yes Young Master"  before annoyed leaving his room.

 

He just groaned and ruffled his hair in frustration... 

~*~

 

I was a bit overwhelmed with that situation.. I can deal with the fact that I have to work for him as a Maid at home, but in front of... I don't know how many people?! It's insane!! I don't want this! I'm still a newcomer to this job and now I have to take part in such an event?! I can guess that there will be a lot of important and wealthy men! What  if something goes wrong?! If I break something?! I can't bear to pay more money!!

Sighing I opened my wardrobe and changed into normal clothes.. it was one kind of a hell to wear this dress all day long.. The heels made my feet ache. The wig was way to long for my liking and was always in the way, the long bangs hanging in my face or tickling my shoulder... I groaned and threw the wig into the next corner, slammed the wardrobe shut and left the house.. 

Trying to order my thoughts and find a possible solution to solve this misery, I walked straight forward. Completely lost in my thoughts.

It was already autumn, most of the leaves already changed colors and fell from the trees. Everything was shining in beautiful warm colors.. In contrast to the cold temperature. 

Suddenly I saw a door in front of me.. confused I looked around and realized -

 

 

 

- that I ended up at Siwon's place.. 

 

I stared at the door dumbfounded for a moment and wondered how I got here, before finally turned and slowly walked the path back to the street.. 

 

"Hyung!! Where are you going?!!" Out from the garden came Siwon running in my direction.

"First you came here and now you're already leaving without saying hello?!" He noticed my bad mood.

Concerned he asked me "Hyung are you alright?"

Slowly I nodded. He really was the kind one.  "What happened?" 

"Hankyung is organizing his fathers birthday party..."         He sighed.. "Was he rude?!"

 "You mean harsh?! He was"   He nodded "I could have bet that something like this happens.. Don't take it personally. This usually happens. Last time he fired almost 17 maids and let one shop close because they didn't do their work properly.. He doesn't really like to organize parties for his father."

17 maids?! This was not really helping to lessen my fear.. But then again he can't fire me right? Well that isn't attractive either.. 

"For his father?! Are they on bad relations?"

"His father and him? NO they've got a great relationship. They love each other very much. His father isn't like the typical businessman, that works all the time, forgets the birthdays of his kids and is cold all the time. In contrary. He is a very nice person. He treats every person with respect and is very caring towards his relatives and friends. He is also very kind. He spent a lot of time with work but equally that much with his family. He is a great person."

I nodded, just as James said..

"Anyways" he started "Hankyung get stressed easily if something doesn't go the way he wants it to. Don't let yourself get frightened. Don't be inferior. It'll just make your life harder. Try to support him with the planning. Help him to make decisions, talk to him, discuss or even argue. He may treat you bad in the beginning but soon he would realize that you are helping him and finally accept you. It would make your living easier."

"You really know him well." I said astonished.    He laughed "Yeah I do.." "Can you tell me one more thing?" 

"Sure"

"What exactly happened last night.. I mean between Hankyung and Jessica" 

"Jessica? So you know her already.. Yesterday.." He held his head. 

"First everything seemed fine. We were sitting at a table in the VIP-room and were chatting. Those two were talking all the time to each other, laughing and having fun. Like friends you know? They had a few drinks at the bar and soon started to flirt with each other, both a bit tipsy already.. They were standing very close to each other. Dangerously close..  I thought something progressive in their relationship would happen by the way they looked at each other. They stole glances, sometimes touched a bit and the moment when their faces were really really close, another guy appeared and asked Jessica to dance with him. Excited she took his hand and went up to the dance floor where she started to dance. You know? The way that turns every man on... Ehem.."  He cleared his throat. "Anyways. Hyung started to get really frustrated and .."

"And?? What happened next?" I asked curious. 

"I don't remember. Sorry" He scratched the back of his head awkwardly and grinned. 

"Why doesn't this surprise me.. Both of you were pretty drunk yesterday" I rolled my eyes.. 

"Will you be there?" "Huh?" "At his fathers party" 

"Oh yeah. Our fathers are friends and business partners. We'll be there." 

"Fine at least somebody" I said and slowly walked the path down. He stayed behind watching me leave

"Why do you ask?" He called

"He want's me to serve as a maid that night.. " His face showed worry. 

I waved goodbye "Hyung!" I looked back once more

"Will you be alright?" At the party? Hell no!

"Yeah why?!" 

"I mean" he smiled cheekily "you're skipping work right now."

! I forgot! "Thanks Siwon!!" I ran ahead as fast as possible. 

 

 

 

 

At the door waited a furious looking Hankyung. I gulped this was not a good sign..

 "Yah where have you been? We have to go!"  

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the car. I wanted to scream by the pressure he gave my wrist nearly breaking it, but suppressed it, biting on my lip. 

With as much pressure he pushed me into the seat. Hankyung sat in the drivers seat fastened his belt and speed down the road to the gate.

Automatically the gates opened and he drove in the direction of the Centre. I had problems to hold myself since I haven't had the chance to fasten my belts. I was thrown through the car by the way he drove. I even banged my head on the window. I am to young to die! He should slow down or we wouldn't survive this day.. Momma!!!

 

 

We reached the noble part of the city. I breathed out as we came to a stop relieved that nothing happened.

 

Everywhere were boutiques and brand name shops. People in expensive dresses and suits, rare cars, and lots of jewelers were everywhere..

He stopped in front of a flower shop and got out. As fast a possible I followed behind.

In front of the door stood a woman in a black dress. She opened the door and bowed 90° low. "It's a pleasure to see you Hankyung-nim" Hankyung..nim?!!

She walked through the 'flower shop'. The only flowers I could spot were the ones on the pictures hanging at the white walls showing bouquets and different kinds of flowers. Except this the whole shop was empty. 

 

The woman lead us to a desk where an older woman was seated at. Her colorful clothes were falling out of the white design of the 'shop'. She was outstanding. in a negative way

"Hankyung-ssi! It's a pleasure to have you here visiting the little old me! How have you been? And where is James?"

He didn't look at her bowing and just sat at the leather seat in front of her desk. I had no other choice but to stand behind him with my hands neatly folded as like James would do it.

In a few words he explained that James took over at home and that I came instead. Impatiently he started to tap his foot on the floor, making the woman nervous.

She coughed slightly and pulled out a few pictures, laying them in front of him 

"This are a few examples for the flowers. I am sure you will find something interesting."

Frowning he took the pictures and looked through them. After a while of cold silence he raised his head and looked at her with piercing eyes..

Oh-oh..

"You.. Is this all you have got?!" He slammed the pictures back onto the table making me and the woman shrink.

"What is this?!" He pointed at a picture "Is this all you've got? Red roses? It's not a wedding, and what's with that?" He pointed at a picture with a bouquet  mixed with 6 different colors and flowers "It's not a garden party! Give me something good!" 

I looked over his shoulder and mustered the bouquets, flowers and combinations she gave him. One caught my attention. 

I like that... 

Hankyung turned around irritated "You like what?!" Oops, did I say it out loud?! 

His piercing stare frightened me. Then I remembered what Siwon said.. 

"I said I like that." I repeated still a bit hesitant and pointed at a picture. It was a mix of blue and yellow roses. 

He raised an eyebrow.  "Why?"

"I don't know. I think it looks specially. The combination of blue and yellow roses. Even the contrast of warm and cold colors.. Don't you think it makes you feel special to have those blue roses on your party? I have never seen blue roses in my lifetime! I don't know much a bout the party and all, but I think this would make it look extraordinary." I gulped trying to loosen the knot that was stuck in my throat.. 

Dead silence. The lady seemed to have stopped breathing. Both of us were afraid of what would happen next, since I dared to oppose to what he said.

Nobody moved.

 I tried to lessen the tension and shrugged my shoulders "B-But that is just my opinion…"

Unexpectedly he stood up and turned towards me looking intensely at me. He was still looking at me when he was talking to the lady without breaking our eye contact. And believe me, it was hard to resist to not to break it. I am not inferior!

Still, I got nervous by the look he gave me..

 

"Fine I think about it" Hankyung passed me.

 

 

 

I released a huge amount of air when I was left alone with that woman. "Who does this bastard think he is?" I heard her say

Turning back once more I shot her a glare.

I think she got scared since she gulped and bowed very low

"Say that once more and you can pack your things." I told her with fake gentleness which made it sound very dangerous.

She nodded hard and excused herself for saying such things.

Satisfied I my heels and ran after Hankyung into the car.

 

 

 

 

 

Tension filled the car. He was holding the wheel hard and glaring at the street, groaning when the lights turned red.

 

He drove up to the next street and come to an abrupt halt there.

 

I looked up at the building, and was stunned.

In the middle if the city stood an enormous hotel made out of yellow stone in baroque style. It completely stands out of the other buildings!!

 While I stood mesmerized by the building at the car, Hankyung already walked annoyed over the square to the entrance.

 Two in suit dressed men bowed and opened the doors for him.

Realizing that I have been left behind I ran after him..

 

Just when I was about to enter, the guards closed the doors in front of my nose.

"Where do you think you are going?"

 

 

 

 strauss-blaugelb-260.jpg