Beautiful (Part 1)

Lyrical moments

AN: Hello Icefishes! How are you doing? Are you all happy with the latest HAESICA moments at MAMA? Jessica is freaking gorgeous and Donghae is super handsome as always. Anyway, I'm finally done with my 1st chapter. I wrote over the weekend. As promised, here's the 1st chapter published on 1st December. Hopefully Next chapter will be ready by this weekend, depending on how fast the ideas come into my mind. Sorry for any grammar errors. I didn't really do much editing. Also, my apologies if the timeline does not tally. But hey, this is fiction right? *smiles* I was wondering whether to put my AN at the beginning or at the end. Hmm, any comments on that? Alright, go read! :)

--------------------------

BEAUTIFUL (Part One)

Donghae POV

Jessica and I knew each other years ago when we were trainees. Before debut, we used to write on each other’s cyworld. Just like how normal teenagers do. That was a mistake because after we became idols, antis spread rumours about me and Jessica being an item. Fan girls disapprove and made nasty comments about her. Fan boys also tried to put me down However, the truth is that we are just good friends who get along well and have good chemistry. Although I do admit that I have feelings for her, chasing her never cross my mind as it would jeopardize our career. Hence, all along I have been keeping my feelings to myself. To let the rumours die down, SM told both groups to avoid interactions and have less similar schedules.

 

Flashback - Email correspondence

 

Donghae:

Hey octopus hair girl, I love your new song “Gee” especially your part. =) Congrats on the consecutive wins on music bank! Anyway, I was just wondering how you are these days. Train hard but remember to rest well, yah?

From: Your Fish friend

 

Jessica:

Fishy! I’m good and really happy about the wins. >_< What octopus? Aren’t I cute with short hair? Better say yes! Anyway, you take care too, heard about your busy schedule and concert coming up.

From: Your cute friend

 

Donghae:

Hi cute friend? I rather call you Octopus girl for now. *laughs*

From: Handsome fish

 

End of flashback

 

“Hyung, check out SNSD’s new mv! All of them look super y especially you-know-who.” Minho turned to me and pointed at the computer screen.

It’s been a while since I last contacted Jessica. Both groups are pretty busy with our schedules. Moreover, SM reminded us again and again to have fewer interactions from Super Generation.

“Yes, I know your black pearl has always been and will always be the y in SNSD.” I replied. I walked towards him and clicked the play button.

Draw that ideal person you have inside your head and then look at me. I’m your genie, your dream, your genie

Jessica’s lines are wow. Yes, she’s my genie, my dream!

“Who are you staring at?” Minho asked.

“No one in particular. Maybe Yuri?” I gave Minho the cheeky smile. I decided to since I know he has feelings for Yuri.

“I know it’s not her, Hyung. I can see it in your eyes. It’s different. As you know, Yuri is mine for sure!” Minho said with confidence.

Shucks. No way, Minho knows about my feelings for Jessica. I treat every member the same way. “What are you talking about? I’m just amazed by their different concepts. They can be cute in Gee and now, y in Genie. It’s late; you should go back to your dorm.”

“Okay then. Hyung, it is between you and me. There’s nothing to hide.” Minho smiled and left my room.

My favourite dongsaeng words left me thinking. What should I do? Super show 2 is coming soon. The company told us to prepare for our solos. What should I perform, something about my feelings to her? Maybe I can write and sing my own song. I looked out of my window and enjoy the beautiful night sky.

I think of what we were like when I first met you

Your bashful smile, your shy words, your cold hands

 

Flashback

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jessica Jung Soo Yeon imnida.” Jessica greeted with a smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Donghae imnida. “ I smile back to the beautiful shy girl.

“Donghae-ssi, how do I get to the singing class? It’s my first day here.” Jessica asked.

“I believe it should be Donghae oppa. You look younger than me. I’m born in ’85. Come, I’ll bring you there!” I said with a stern face and grabbed her hands. Her hands were cold but her smile is warmth. “Oh? Donghae oppa!” She looked at me with a shy but shocked expression.

End of flashback

 

Sometimes I wish we could turn time back. I remember our trainees’ days, our emails, our restrictions and our quarrels.

Ever since the rumours started and the restriction on both groups, I thought of you every day. I couldn’t do anything and almost going crazy. *sigh* Just looking at the MV just now, I almost gave away myself. You’re like a queen and beautiful. I just can’t be without you, girl.

 

----------------------------------------

At SM building

“Donghae-ssi, what is your solo performance?” Eunhyuk, who is my closest friend, asked.

 “A song that I wrote but I’m not done yet. Hmm. Can I invite you to dance in my solo? Give our Eunhae shippers some fan service.” I said. But actually, I wanted Eunhyuk to be the diversion or the focus point for my solo act. This is to hide my true feelings and expression of the song for Jessica.  I will protect you, I love you, oh love.

“No problem, bro! Anything for you! Let’s practice our dance routines.” Eunhyuk put his arms around my shoulder as we walked to our dance room.

On our way to our dance room, we could hear “Gee” music playing. The girls must be practicing their dance as well. “Hey, let’s go watch them for a while!” Eunhyuk said with excitement. He opened the door and walked into the room. I followed him behind.

My angel, and my girls, my sunshine. Uh uh, let’s go!” Jessica sang while looking at me and smiled.

I could feel that she’s telling me I’m her sunshine. Sometimes I wonder if she has feelings for me too.

“naneun naneun babongabwayo, geudae geudae bakke moleuneun babo, geulaeyo geudael boneun nan”

Again, Jessica smiled and pointed at me as she sang Babo. That wasn’t her usual hand gestures. Even Eunhyuk thought it was different so he turned and looked at me with a weird look. I gave him the “I don’t know” look back. Unable to turn my gaze away. Like a fool, I could only lose myself in you

“Annyeong! Sorry to disturb, we were just walking past and decided to drop by your dance practice session.” Eunhyuk said once the music stops.

“Oppas, so how was it?” Yoona asked with aegyo.

“It was good as usual, cute to be exact. That’s why the nation loves it. We shall not disturb, bye girls!” I replied, waved goodbye to the girls and signaled to Eunhyuk to leave. Aish, that guy is always mesmerized by Hyoyeon.

-------------------------

 

At SJ dorm

“Hae, what was that about when we were in SNSD’s dance room.” Eunhyuk asked.

“Huh? What? I don’t get you.” I acted as if nothing happened.

“Don’t avoid my question. I saw Jessica and you making weird interactions. You like her, don’t you?” Eunhyuk questioned me.

“Nope, I don’t. Don’t forget we have to let the rumours die down. Yet now you are starting one. I can’t be bothered. I got to work on my solo. ” I said while switching on my laptop.

“Sorry, Hae. I didn’t mean that way. I’m just showing my concern for my buddy.” Eunhyuk apologized.

I know he’s concerned but I just want to protect her. I can’t stand it and feel angry whenever I read negative comments about her. , . What is wrong with these antis? They don’t know the real Jessica.

 

Flashback

At the rooftop of SM

After our training, we decided to hang out for a while. We went to the rooftop and sat on the bench. Stargazing to be precise. The night sky is so beautiful and a pretty girl is sitting next to me admiring the same view.

“Donghae oppa, you are going to debut soon right? Will you forget about me?” Jessica asked.

“No, I won’t. Don’t worry we will still see each other since we are both in SM.” I replied with assurance.

“Really? Do you think I’ll get to debut? *sigh* Sometimes I wonder how life is like outside of this industry. You know like normal teenagers.” Jessica said while looking at the stars.

“Silly girl, we are like normal teenagers now!” I laughed.

“Oppa, I meant like to fall in love, to grow old, to find and be with your soulmate.” Jessica said. I looked at her as she looked at the night sky. Her sparkling eyes, nothing can compare to what I saw. At that very moment, love struck me. That was when I knew I had feelings for her.

End of flashback

 

I want to walk together with you for a lifetime. That was my answer.

 

---------------------------TO BE CONTINUED---------------------------

AN: If you realised, italic words in grey are lyrics for BEAUTIFUL. How was it?  Oh yah, at the Foreword, I mentioned about the story to be a one-shot kind right? I'm still sticking to it. Just that BEAUTIFUL will have 2-3 chapters.