Wedding Plans

Twins?!

“KWON SOONYEON! KWON SOONYOUNG! WAKE UP!”

I heard my name being yelled. Groggily getting up, I lowered my feet down onto the floor and right onto Hoshi’s face.

“Hoshi!” I hurriedly lifted up my feet as he woke up, startled.

“Your feet are cold!” he whined. We hurriedly got ready as our mom continued yelling for us to get up. We rushed downstairs. I tripped down the last step, falling right into Hoshi. He caught me and we sat down on the couch as my mom paced back and forth in front of us. My dad rolled his eyes, drinking at his coffee. I looked at the clock.

“Mom, why did you wake us all up on a Saturday at 5am in the morning?” I asked her. As a reply, she slammed her hand onto the coffee table, making us all jump and glanced at the clock.

“Why so tense today mom?” Hoshi tried lightening the room up. I saw it work for a millisecond on my mom’s face but then she ran to get the door when the doorbell rang. I jumped up, surprised to see Jihoon and his mom. He looked sleepy and confused as I lead him to the couch. Plopping him down, I watched as Mrs. Lee brought in a stack of boxes, putting them on the table. She went into the kitchen with my mom, both talking with hushed voices. I shot a questioning look at my dad, who shrugged, going into the kitchen to put away his empty cup. Hoshi yawned.

“What do you think we’re doing?” Woozi asked me. I shrugged. Hoshi sat up.

“If you’re here…” he looked at Woozi pointedly. “Then what am I doing here?”

“What do you mean?” I asked but before he could reply, the door to the kitchen burst open. Mrs. Lee and my mom were looking happy and smug at the same time.

“Uh oh,” I muttered under my breath, hearing Woozi and Hoshi do the same next to me. They sat down on the opposite side of us, grinning. I glanced at Woozi, who did the same, as the two women pulled the boxes towards them and opened it. We all leaned forward to peek into the boxes. Woozi and Hoshi immediately pulled back but I squealed, pulling a magazine out and flipping through the pictures, sighing at the beautiful white wedding dresses.

The doorbell rang and my mom opened it to reveal Jaehyun and another man I didn’t recognize. Jaehyun sat down next to my dad as the man stood behind them and my mom clapped her hands.

“Now that we’re all here, let’s get the wedding planning started!”

A few hours later, Hoshi was dozing off as I enthusiastically continued answering questions from the man Jaehyun had invited. He turned out to be a professional wedding planner and was eager to help out. He questioned me on the littlest details, from the color of the dance floor to what kind of cake I wanted. Whenever I couldn’t answer, I would nudge Woozi wake. He’d jump, muttering something along the lines of “Yeah, what you said” and I would sigh. Hoshi would be even worse since he was taking naps while looking for suits. When I nudged him, his magazine would go flying somewhere and he’d wake up like he had a nightmare.

“THE RAINBOW SUIT LOOKS NICE!” he’d yell out, making us all groan. Jaehyun watched over the process, helping me whenever Woozi and Hoshi were knocked out. This led Woozi to suddenly wake up, taking over whatever Jaehyun was saying and helping me instead. When it came to the dress selection, Woozi, Hoshi, and I were handed a pen.

“Why do I have a pen?” Woozi and Hoshi asked.

“You two know her just as well as we do so you guys can help choose what might suit Soonyeon the best. We’ll narrow it down from there so choose wisely,” Mrs. Lee explained. I gave Hoshi a look.

Wisely, you hear that Hoshi?” I emphasized to him. He rolled his eyes.

“For your sake, I’ll choose wisely okay?” he said, flipping through the magazine within an instant, circling a few dresses and throwing it onto the table, grabbing another one. Woozi and I did the same, although I was more thorough with my choices.

The moms, along with Jaehyun, would pore over the magazines, looking for the pen marks. They’d mark an X through the choices that didn’t seem to suit me. We continued going through the stack of magazines and books, taking breaks to go to the bathroom or to take a sip of our drinks. The stack became smaller and shorter until we had cleared all of it. Woozi, Hoshi, and I leaned back, exhausted.

“Who knew wedding planning could be so much work?” Hoshi rubbed his eyes.

“You shouldn’t even be the one stressing out Hosh,” I muttered, closing my eyes.

“Alrighty kiddos!” I heard my mom say from the kitchen. I groaned as she brought us lunch. “Eat up, then we’ll finish up the last bit of the planning okay?”

We ate lunch as slowly as we could. After the last bites, the dishes were cleared out by my dad and we continued our planning. I answered a few more questions with Woozi, about what songs we wanted to be played from where we wanted our honeymoon to be. After bidding the planner goodbye, I turned to my mom.

“By the way, when is this all gonna take place?” I asked, looking around at the room that had scattered pieces of paper and magazines all over the place.

Mrs. Lee and my mom looked at each other.

“In a few months?”

 

AN: Just a short chapter for right now, I'll probably post a longer one soon. Maybe I'll cut this story after another chapter or two since I have plans for the sequel and the other story I had planned (which stars another SEVENTEEN member btw ^-^) so I'm hoping to wrap up this story soon~

~N