Homecoming

Twins?!

-few weeks later-

Woozi crept up behind me after school, poking both of my sides. I yelped, making the whole hallway turn to us. I lightly smacked Woozi as he grinned, taking a box out of his locker and handing it to me. I saw Jaehyun grin at him before leaving us behind.

“What’s this?” I put the box down, taking off the lid as Hoshi came up behind me. I saw something like deflated balloons sitting at the bottom of the box. I poked at one of them and let out a startled yelp as they began to inflate by themselves.

“Whoa!” Hoshi pulled me back. We watched as the balloons began to form letters.

“’HOMECOMING?’ Yes of course!” I bounced into Woozi’s arms as the hallway cheered. Many prom proposals had been happening the past week, making me wonder when I would ever get mine.

“You like it?” Woozi picked up the box, the letters still floating upwards. I poked the letters, hitting Hoshi in the process.

“It’s pretty cute,” I smiled at him. The box was plucked out of Woozi’s hands and we looked to find Mingyu holding it.

“You two will run into stuff holding it. I’ll carry it for you,” he said, walking alongside us. We reached my place, where my mom gaped at the box before setting it down next to the TV.

“This is something to be displayed!” she declared, going into the kitchen and offering us cookies. “Oh and something else came in the mail too Soonyeon.”

She pointed to the long thin box in the living room. I opened the lid to find the dress Jaehyun had ordered for me laid out in it.

“The dress!” I exclaimed as everyone surrounded me, looking at it.

“Jaehyun really went all out didn’t he?” Woozi commented and I nodded. I picked it up, going up to my room to hang it away for now.

“I thought you guys were you know…?” my mom tried finding the right words but failed. I explained the day we had a chat and had gone to go choose a dress. She understood, nodding.

“At least you two are getting along. I couldn’t exactly say the same with his parents…”

She sighed and I patted her back. She grinned at me.

“Maybe I should chaperone you to the dance?” she asked me mischievously and Hoshi and I shook our heads in horror.

“It’s not that we don’t want you there—” I started, getting interrupted by Hoshi.

“You and dad could go out for the night while we’re gone for the night you know?”

“Hmm, I’ll take that idea Soonyoung,” she pondered over it as Hoshi and I exchanged relieved glances.

-homecoming day-

“Kwon Soonyeon! It’s homecoming day! Why is Soonyoung in here again?”

I got up sleepily, rubbing my eyes. My mom was bent over a pile of blankets, poking at it. When I focused, I found the top of Hoshi’s head sticking out. I poked at it using my foot and he grabbed it, pulling me onto the pile.

“Ow!” we both cried out. My mom shook her head, leaving us.

“Why are you in here again?” I asked, getting off of him. He winced, sitting up.

“I don’t know!” he looked at me with an exasperated face. I sighed, helping him up. We brushed our teeth, getting ready for the day. As I texted the SEVENTEEN members on our group chat, my mom helped me get ready, curling the bottom half of my hair. She sighed looking at my dress.

“I remember when your father gave me a promposal.”

“How did that go?”

“Let’s just say he learned his lesson after getting stung by a jellyfish. There you go.”

“What did you wear? Did you coordinate your outfits?”

“I wore a blue mermaid style dress. Your father wore a blue suit to match. I could barely walk in my dress let alone dance in it,” she laughed.

As night time fell, I began to get more excited. Hoshi was in the same suit from the reunion day.

“I’m guessing the boys will be in the same thing like that day?”

“We’re boys, we don’t do shopping.”

I rolled my eyes, getting into my dress. Hoshi zipped up the back for me, careful not to get my hair caught in the zipper. I smoothed out the material, spinning around a few times. I put on my shoes and walked downstairs on Hoshi’s arm. I got a text from Woozi.

Jihoon: Jaehyun said a limo will come to pick all of us up. You and Hosh will be the last ones.

Me: alright, see you soon~

My dad kept me and Hoshi downstairs to gape at our outfits. Taking out his camera, he snapped photos of us. Hoshi and I posed happily, doing things like poking each other and I even jumped onto his back at one point. The doorbell rang and everyone rushed for it. My dad flung open the door, pulling Woozi in along with the rest.

“Photos everyone!” he bellowed and we quickly squashed ourselves into the staircase, smiling for the camera. After a few minutes of blinding flashes, we got into the limo, driving off to the school. We chatted excitedly over what dances to do and what expectations we wanted. When we arrived, we passed our tickets to the staff, who invited us into the gym. It was simple and elegant, fitting the theme. We stopped to get our photos taken.

“Smile!” the photographer said and we all did some random pose. We waited for the photos to get printed out for each of us and I stuffed them into my bag. I spotted Jaehyun chatting with some girls at a table and walked over with Woozi. I tapped his shoulder and he turned, giving me a smile.

“When did the dress arrive?” he asked, pulling the hem down a bit for me.

“Just a few days ago actually, my mom loves it.”

“It looks great on you. You’re a lucky man Woozi,” he said. Woozi pulled me closer.

“I know. And I won’t ever let her go. Trust me on that,” Woozi said, staring down at Jaehyun. He just shrugged.

“Have a great night you guys,” Jaehyun said, continuing his conversation like we never interrupted. We found the table the other members had saved and sat down.

The performance team had already hit the dance floor, earning cheers from the circle surrounding them. The rest of the members watched, grinning at their moves. Sometimes they would end up in the center as well, smoothly dancing along to the music, to great cheers. Woozi even ended up in the circle at one point. I cheered on him, spurring him to quickly dance to the music. The performance team managed to get everyone up and dancing in the gym as the music got faster and louder. They eventually were led away by the staff, who told them they were being too “rowdy” and needed a break as we all snickered. The songs got slower and slower until Woozi and I decided to finally step onto the dance floor. Holding onto my waist and my arms on his shoulders, we glided around other dancers. We bumped into Jaehyun, who was dancing with one of the girls from his table. Before I could apologize, Woozi had already led me away from him.

“You really don’t like him do you?” I asked, leaning closer to him. He shook his head.

“If I can tolerate Seungkwan and Seokmin, I can tolerate him too. Plus he’s not that bad, I can trust him almost.”

He spun me around once.

“Can we really trust him?” I asked. Jihoon shrugged.

“We’ll just go along with it. But for now—”

His words were cut off when we heard a familiar tune start up over the speakers. Flustered, Woozi quickly let go of me as the rest of the SEVENTEEN members scrambled into their positions for Adore U. The crowd parted into a huge circle as the members danced to their song, not one mistake in sight. After the song, they went on stage to introduce themselves and the song. The mic was handed to Woozi for the song introduction part.

“Adore U is a funky pop song that has fun and fresh lyrics that match SEVENTEEN’s age on top of an addictive melody.”

As he spoke, I could see some of the members snickering. I rolled my eyes and I could see Jihoon giving them glares out of the corner of his eyes, making them shut up.

“Please give us lots of support when we have an official debut!” Seungcheol told the crowd, getting applause from everyone. They hopped off the stage and Woozi returned to my side. The music started again but my feet were too tired to even stand properly. Woozi led me into my seat, where we spent another hour just chatting with each other.

When I was ready to hit the dance floor, Jun cut Woozi off, dancing with me instead. I laughed as he spun me around until I got dizzy, bumping into Jihoon. He steadied me, shooing Jun away. We danced the night away, until the staff kicked everyone out. We walked back to our limo, yawning. Hoshi and Dokyeom were still energetic, making us groan and cringe at their lame jokes. I snuggled next to Woozi, who held onto my hand, leaning his head onto mine as we watched Seungcheol smack Hoshi’s head. We were dropped off at our places. Exhausted, I kicked off my shoes and changed out of the dress and into my PJs. Quickly brushing my teeth, I fell back into bed, falling asleep as soon as my head touched my pillow.

 

AN: Hello my dear readers~ I'm so sorry I hadn't updated the past week, I was on my Thanksgiving break (how was your Thanksgiving btw?) and I was just spending the week with a few friends whom I usually never see that often so I didn't get the chance to update my story. Plus my hard drive with the story on it went missing for a bit and I had to rally up a search team to find it (I'm kind of a klutz, if you could tell) but luckily for you, I found it in my backpack and I was able to finish up the last bit of this chapter! I also had another story idea b in my mind but I wanted to ask: Yes, I am planning a sequel to this story. But did you want it directly after this one or should I do the other story I had thought of first before throwing the sequel at you? Leave your comments please~ :)

~N