Thank you, for being us

Let Fate Decide


 

Yoongi sighed for the thousandth time that day. He walked slowly around the building in front of him. He stared at the tall structure while slowly having a dreadful feeling in his chest. The venue was closed today; apparently there was no event that day. He read slowly the place’s name: Kobe’s World Hall.

Just over a month ago BTS was supposed to have their concert here. But due to him and Taehyung having headaches and nausea, they had cancelled the concert on both days. It had hurt him so much knowing that he couldn’t stand on stage that day.

Taehyung wanted to perform, and so was he. But their managers and the doctors advised them not to. The rest of them, however, went on stage just for a while to tell the fans not to worry and performed a few songs for them.

Now, having a week vacation, Yoongi chose to come to the venue, just to lift whatever he was feeling in his heart. He was guilty that he let his fans down. He felt sad that he couldn’t show his best condition to the fans.

Most importantly, he was angry. Angry with himself about how he was weak, he was not strong enough to fight his ill body. He had his fans disappointed in him. They had come to see them, and Bangtan was not complete if a person was left behind, let alone two.

He wanted to do something, at least something to feel what the fans have felt. That was why he was here, in Kobe, to have at least had the feeling of a fan, waiting in line to get to see their idol.

He remembered performing in front of two people back when he was an underground rapper. Even that brought unlimited joy to him. That even made him feel even worse, knowing that he couldn’t perform in front of thousands Armys.

He took a few pictures of the hall from the outside; the ticket counter, the entrance, even the waiting line to get inside the venue. He sighed one more time before sitting on one of the benches at the side. He then remembered his stay at Daegu just two days earlier.

 

 

*knock knock*

Yoongi turned around from his desk to see his brother’s head peeking from the door.

“Yah, what are you doing? Let’s have a drink.”

His brother waved a black plastic bag that he believed contained a bottle of his favourite soju.

“Hyung, you know that I don’t drink–”

Yoongi’s words were stopped when his dad entered his room. “Come on, let’s drink together.” From behind his dad, his hyung grinned cheerfully at him.

 

And they drink. They drank and drank. At first it was a hollow chat; about how each of them were faring these days, about their health and all. It took a different turn when his brother asked about Bangtan’s cancelled concert in Kobe.

“Are you okay?”

Yoongi just hummed in response. He didn’t know what to feel at that time. All of his emotions were mixed up together. He looked up from his soju cup and met with the tired eyes of his dad. They were staring at him deeply.

It felt like forever since he looked at his dad’s eyes that long. It was not a secret that his dad didn’t agree on what he was pursuing in life. Yoongi even have to run from home, to go to Seoul to make music. Being opposed by his dad was one thing, the neighbours also curses his family for letting a kid like him be, letting him go to underground clubs to perform, even sometimes skips night classes to do so.

Thus, in order to escape all that, and also saves his dad’s face, he escaped. It didn’t help that he was alone; he was also struggling with the fight with himself. Is this the right decision? He often asked that to himself, which he had never received answers.

“Yoongi-yah.”

He woke up from his little imagination to find that his dad still looking at him, staring at him.

“Are you happy?”

His brows automatically furrowed at the question. His dad asked the question again, it seemed that silence was not an answer to him. Yoongi didn’t even doubt his answer for a second, “Yes, dad. I am.”

His dad nodded. A pregnant silence filled the room and nobody dares to break it.

“Although it’s sometimes hard, I’m happy, dad, hyung. Of course I faced a lot of difficulties, but it’s what I want to do. I felt that I belong there.”

A cute face with eye smiles and chubby cheeks came to his mind, and he automatically smiled. “And I am strong, as I have someone that I know supported me in any way possible, loves me unconditionally.”

Yoongi’s dad lifted the soju bottle and gestured to his youngest son’s glass. Yoongi lifted the glass with both of his hands and watched as the clear liquid filled it. The elder does the same for his other son and place the bottle back on the table without filling his own glass.

Yoongi shared a look with his brother and the other slightly tilted his head while raising his eyebrows, hinting towards their dad. Yoongi slowly reached for the bottle and his dad raised his glass for Yoongi.

“You’ve gone through a lot, Yoongi-yah.”

Yoongi’s hands jerked to a stop.

“You faced many problems, glitches along your way. Mostly from me, right?” his dad chuckled sadly before continuing, “I’m sorry.”

Yoongi’s eyes widened in surprise as he didn’t expect this at all. The old man never apologizes. He thought that this will be another lecture from him.

“I’m sorry that I opposed you so much from the beginning. Sorry that I didn’t even try to understand all this, to understand you. I’ve seen you these few years, and I’d never seen you happier than this.”

Yoongi’s eyes began to water. Maybe because of the soju, he convinced himself.

“Keep doing what you love, son. Don’t live like this old man, always regretting things in life.”

The elder drank from his cup in one go before setting it down slowly and looked straight in Yoongi’s eyes.

“Although it’s late…I…I’ll support you.”

When he saw a hint of a smile on his dad’s face, that was when he broke in sobs and his tears could no longer be stopped. His shoulders shook while he cried. His brother ruffled his hair lightly, saying ‘why are you crying, you big baby’.

 

 

Yoongi exhaled loudly, watching how faint white clouds escaped his lips as he did so. He stared in front of him blankly. He was snapped out from his memories when he heard his name being called.

“Yoongi hyuuuuuuuuunggggggg!”

A figure was running towards him, holding two crepes in both of his hands. Smiling so much that made his eyes disappeared into small crescents, cheeks that lost a lot of baby fat but still chubby and cute to his own eyes, and black hair that was bouncing as he ran.

Panting a little when he reached in front of the older, he asked, “Yoongi hyung, why are you daydreaming? I’ve called your name for a few times already, you know.”

The other continued babbling while handing one of the crepes to Yoongi, which he took it without complaining how he hated sweet things. Only that he didn’t hate them, in fact he loves them, just not admitting it as it would shatter his so-called ‘swag’ image.

He continued to stare at the other male, the way his hands were animated for every word he was saying, and the way his eyes shone at him whenever they locked eyes.

“Yah, Park Jimin.”

Jimin stopped talking; only realizing that Yoongi never said anything.

“You ate a little before coming here, right?”

He widened his eyes before shaking his head no. “What? No, no hyung, I didn’t–”

“There’s cream on your face.”

Red colored his pale cheeks as he realized he was caught. He pouted a little and mumbled, “But I wiped it earlier…”

Jimin tried to wipe his face using his sleeves but his hands stopped mid-air as he felt Yoongi’s thumb brushed the corner of his lips. His eyes met Yoongi’s and both of them just smiled to each other lovingly, despite heat had rushed to their cheeks evidently.

They sat down and ate in silence. But not for long.

“Thank you, Jimin.”

The younger turned to him in question.

 

 

 

“Oh, by the way…”

Yoongi’s dad stopped halfway out of his room. “Bring that kid home one day. I want to meet him. Jimin, is it?”

Yoongi fell into a coughing fit, choking into nothing with his face red while his brother was laughing madly beside him.

 

 

 

 “Thank you…for being at my side.”

He giggled a little before answering, “It’s nothing hyung. It’s not like I’m doing anything at home.”

“I don’t mean now. I mean, for being here,” he placed his hand on his chest, “for supporting me, for…loving me for who I am. Thank you.”

Jimin blushed for the nth time just within the last 15 minutes. What he didn’t expect was the feeling of Yoongi’s fingers slowly intertwining with his own. Feeling a bit shocked as Yoongi was not the one who initiated these kinds of things, in public at least, Jimin glanced from the corner from his eyes.

He could see Yoongi smiling without looking at him. He tightened his grip and saw Yoongi’s gums come to life. He was having a hard time not to smile too. Just a small gesture had warmth spread in his chest.

Thank you, for being us. 

 

 

 

 


i'm back! don't hate me pls lol

here's to some readers who want more yoonmin. well, not exactly yoonmin, but yeah.. lost my mind listening to yongi's mixtape tho.

btw i just lost it watching kook's short film released just now who's with meeeeeee

i'll be back for other short chaps >o<

thank you readers! ^^