Hands

Let Fate Decide

Hoseok woke up to the buzzing sound of his phone. He looked at his phone through his half-lidded eyes for the caller ID then he swiped the green icon.

“Yoongi hyung?”

“Hoseok-ah, the members are going to the studio in about an hour.”

Hoseok’s eyes snapped open at the info. He thanked his hyung and ended the call. He stared at his phone for a few seconds; he realized that it was already 7 in the morning. He was about to get up when he realized of what state he had been asleep in. He slowly looked to his right; Jane was sleeping by leaning her head on his shoulder.

They have been asleep on the couch in the dance studio, after a very long talk. He didn’t remember most of it. All that was in his head was how hard he was crying, how he was sorry towards her. All that he could remember vividly in his head was her words.

“Hobi…it’s all in the past now. We can do nothing to change it. I’ve learned to live with it.”

He looked down to their intertwined fingers on his lap. Then he let his gaze wandered to her face. Her face was in peace; there are traces of dried tears on her cheeks but Hoseok thought that it was beautiful. Just realizing how close their faces were, his heartbeat shot up that he could hear his own heart sound.

Snapping out of his thoughts, he remembered that the members will be here soon. Hesitantly, he shook Jane gently. She mumbled in her sleep and scrunched her face; not wanting to wake up. He chuckled a little before properly waking her up.

“Ugh…what time is it?”

“A little bit past 7. The members are gonna be here soon.”

She muttered an ‘okay’ before looking up to him. As he was still looking down at her, their eyes met, their noses almost touching. Jane could feel her eyes crossing because his face was too close to hers. With a slight blush on her cheeks, she quickly pulled away from him. She was about to stand up and grab her things but then she realized they were holding hands the whole time.

Hoseok also noticed this and quickly pulled his hands and mumbled a soft ‘sorry’. An awkward silence filled the room and they were avoiding eye contact. Feeling a bit suffocated, Jane stood up.

“I should probably go.”

He watched as she went across the room to grab her bag and her phone from the speakers. Many thoughts filled his mind. Is this it? Am I just gonna let it be like this? Am i…happy? Her name slipped his lips before he even finished thinking about what to say to her. She turned around from the door to found him right in front of her. They were now facing each other.

He bit his lower lip, his mind was still forming sentences; even he himself didn’t know why exactly that he called out to her. Jane had her eyebrows furrowed, waiting for him to say anything. About a minute passed but still nothing was said. She was about to exit the studio when he acted on impulse; he pulled her into a hug.

Jane’s eyes widened as he hugged her; her muscles are stiffened in his hug. He tightened his hands around her when she squirmed a little. He let out a sigh that he hid all this while. He cut her off when she spoke.

“Hobi, what are you–”

“Jae…I know I messed up; I did things that break you, whether I mean it or not, it happened anyway. I’m sorry.”

“Hobi, I told you, it was nothi–”

“No, it wasn’t! Hear me out Jae. I…I wanted you to know, that I am truly sorry. And I…I want to go back to the way it was.”

His request was just answered with silence. He broke the hug slowly while his hands were still on her shoulders. They looked into each other’s eyes; his full with anticipation while hers were full with love, yet laced with sadness as well.

“Is that what you want, or is it just the pity talking?”

His eyes widened in shock. He didn’t expect that. He never thought of that. Or did he? He found himself frowned at that question and was about to answer her but her phone rang, beating him to it. He then felt one of her hands cupped his cheek, bringing his attention back to her.

“We’ll talk about this later. I gotta go.”

He was too stunned to whatever was happening. The next thing he knew, Jane already walked out the door, leaving him alone in the dance studio. He wanted to chase after her but his feet were stuck to the ground. He was frozen at his spot for a few minutes until his dance instructor talked to him.

“Oh? Hope-ah, you’re early.”

Hoseok finally snapped out of his thoughts. He needed to talk to her later.

 

~*~

 

At times like this, Hoseok cursed his busy life as an idol. He had music broadcasts, fansigns, variety shows to be recorded and so much more overseas schedules that he was exhausted. But he was more exhausted of the ‘tag’ game he was playing with Jane. It seemed like he was ‘it’ but he can never caught up to her. He tried every chance he has to try to talk to her but apparently she did a very good job at avoiding him.

Jane managed to carry out her job at their dorm, but hell, she was swift. She came early in the morning, even before the boys were up to make breakfast. She only came to the dorm when Bangtan was out. She was running away from reality. She hated herself for it; she was not ready to face him. And because of that, she was stressed. Another way of relieving her concerns was drinking. Which was why, at this moment, she was sitting at a bar in a club while chugging down her drink.

Jane drank a lot, but she always managed to sober up. Actually, she never gets drunk. A little bit tipsy sometimes, but she started to drink at a young age, so she managed to build up her alcohol tolerance level all these years. Well, who wouldn’t drink to release all the stress away if you’re working multiple jobs to support you one and only younger brother, and you’re the breadwinner because your parents were dead? (But that’s another story, though)

As she drank her drink and bobbed her head while swayed her dangling feet to the beat that filled the club, she felt someone sat beside her. She didn’t pay any attention a first because people come and goes at the bar but this person’s oddly familiar voice made her turn to him.

“Seokjin oppa? Oh, and Namjoon too!”

Both of the said male turned their heads at her and were shocked to see her.

“Hmm…on a date, I suppose?”

Seokjin was blushing slightly and smiled while Namjoon grinned and pulled up their intertwined hands for Jane to see. The older between the two blushed even more when she mouthed an amused ‘ooh’ to them.

“Noona, are you performing?”

“Nah, just drinking tonight.”

“Alone?”

“Nope, she’s with me.”

All three heads turned to the one who just spoke. Donghyuk, who was just back from the men’s room, placed his hand around her shoulders. They greeted each other and decided to hang out for a while. They talked about a lot of things, laughed together while enjoying their drink. All the time, Seokjin was being overly cautious; he eyed Donghyuk’s hand, which never left Jane’s shoulders until they parted ways that night. 

 

 


sorry for the late update~~ i'll be a bit busy for the time being~~ enjoy! ^^