Rookie King

Let Fate Decide

Since there's too much angst, i decide to fluff things a bit. Here's from Jungkookie's pov. Enjoy~!


-Flashback-

 

“So if you could pick your roommate, who would it be?”

Jungkook looked at the radio DJ who just asked the question. The DJ asked about the new room arrangements after they moved. He then eyed s one by one while all of them were now looking right at him. He suddenly became very nervous.

Who should he pick? Namjoon hyung; who was a very great leader and he can learn a lot of things from? Seokjin hyung; who always treated and loved him like a mother? Yoongi hyung; who he looked up to because of his talents in music? Hoseok hyung; his closest hyung that taught him everything? Jimin hyung; who always showered him with excessive love? Or…the reason his heart beats like he had a heart attack every time they locked eyes; Taehyung hyung?

Should I just…confess? Right here? Right now?

“V hyung.”

All the members let out an amused ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’, making the youngest member blush a bit. But when his eyes met the widened one he picked as his wanted roommate, he swore his face couldn’t be redder even under all those make-up applied on his face. The DJ asked for the reason and he quickly made up that they like to play games together and stuff.

Taehyung’s face flushed a bit because he was in cloud 9 when he heard Jungkook picked him. When he looked into the younger’s eyes, he felt that he wanted to tell him something. Invisible words were seen flying out of his eyes but Taehyung was unsure of what are the meanings. He had an intuition of what it was but he didn’t want to be too sure. Jungkook sighed in frustration when his hyung showed him a confused expression. He sometimes wondered why he even fell for him.

 

~*~

 

It was love at first sight. The moment when the new member moved into the dorm, Jungkook was dumbfounded. Taehyung, as the guy introduced himself, was handsome. The guy seemed young, about his age but from the features of his face, he looked very handsome. His eyebrows were thick that complimented his round eyes. His sharp nose goes well with his not-to-thick lips. His face proportion fit to perfection.

As time goes along, he grew very close to Taehyung. Although they have a 2 year age difference, the elder had a childish personality that fit well with his. Jungkook even wrote in his profile; the member who’s most similar to him: “V Hyung. He’s random, our comedic cords match well, and I think our personalities are similar.”

 

~*~

 

Jungkook didn’t think much about dating. Other trainees at the company were caught dating and some even reprimanded because they didn’t obey their contract. He was young, but he knew a thing or two. His sister dated before but the guy hurt her and left and he hated him for it without knowing who the guy is. Hell, he himself dated once but the girl left him for another guy. So he decided that he didn’t want to date, not until he found the right one.

Plus, he also didn’t think anything much about his partner-to-be. He has been approached by both males and females. He didn’t have any problems getting attention from both genders. However, only having a sister as his sibling, apparently receiving great care from brothers felt a little different, and maybe he liked it more.

Just like when his Jimin hyung showered him with his undying love for the maknae since the first day they met, he liked the attention. Even some time after debut, Jimin always picked Jungkook for anything; be it dancing, singing or rapping (this made Jungkook received a glare from Yoongi, but he didn’t know anything at that time).

He was not disgusted when he found out that his Namjoon hyung and Seokjin hyung were dating. They announced it right before they debuted. Actually, Jungkook had a hint of what was happening between the two. The way Namjoon and Seokjin looked at each other was different when they looked at others. And he thought it was cute.

He loved to see that people around him were in love, but he himself had a different thought. He planned to put romantic feelings aside, and focus on the road of being an idol. Whatever happened to her sister fuelled him more to strive on becoming an all-rounded entertainer, a part of him thinking that he was carrying his noona’s dream on his shoulders.

But nothing’s ever gone exactly as planned, right?

During one episode of Rookie King – a variety show that Bangtan was in, Taehyung and Hoseok was forced to kiss as a punishment. Jungkook was the most excited one, squealed at his hyungs, thinking that maybe they will start to like each other or something. He even asked the cameraman to focus on Taehyung’s lips to catch the red lipstick mark from Hoseok’s lips.

That very night back at the dorm, all of a sudden that kiss scene kept replaying in Jungkook’s mind, making him unable to sleep. He had this one feeling, one tiny feeling in his heart, stuffing his chest. Is he annoyed? Is he angry? Or is he…jealous?

 

~*~

 

Still filming Rookie King, Jungkook managed to throw away that weird feeling he felt towards his Taehyung hyung and Hoseok hyung. But boy was he wrong. On another episode, Bangtan played the ‘Of Course’ game, and Taehyung and Hoseok got paired, again. He felt his chest was stuffy but he kept smiling; he was in front of the cameras.

“You like me, right?”

Jungkook’s eye widened at the deep voice. The singer asked the rapper with a serious face, the maknae thought it was real. The other members were so excited that they remembered the kiss scene, which made Jungkook felt on fire. He had a confused expression, even stepped in front towards the cameras as if wanted to stop the filming but that did nothing to his surroundings.

Much to his surprise, Hoseok agreed without even contemplating and his face fell afterwards. He stared at the floor but then he looked back to the rapper while swinging his hands awkwardly. And he felt burned even more when Taehyung agreed to what Hoseok asked.

“At that time, you enjoyed the kissed, didn’t you?! Your lips were trembling!”

Of course the maknae knows it was just a game but he couldn’t control his mind and his heart. His expression was blank but he always remembered to have a fake smile plastered on his face as they were still filming. Inside, he was fuming with jealousy. He puffed his cheeks and deep inside, he admitted he was jealous, and he knew exactly why, because he liked Taehyung.

He looked like he was going to pounce on Hoseok at any second when he heard him talk again. Once again in the recording he was shocked when it was Hoseok’s turn again to ask Taehyung; saying that the latter’s tongue was out during the kiss. While all the other members were going crazy; Seokjin shouting in disgust, Namjoon and Yoongi gasped surprised while Jimin just squealed, Jungkook’s fake smiled was still on his face but he wore a stern expression.

He just stood there looking at the two who was in the game. He couldn’t control his face anymore but whatever happened next caught him completely off guard. Taehyung quickly turned to him and frantically shook his head while looking deep into each other’s eyes. Unable to continue the game, Taehyung backed off from his spot making him eliminated.

Taehyung tried his best to explain to all members but he especially looked at Jungkook about what happened during the kiss. And what confused him even more, when Hoseok was explaining; the rapper also looked at him. All the while Jungkook looked at his hyung in awe. Why do they try so hard on explaining? Wait…why did Taehyung hyung look at me all the time?

During the break of filming, Taehyung quietly sat beside Jungkook who was drinking water. He looked at his hyung, waiting for him to speak.

“Jungkook, earlier…it was just a game, okay? Hoseok hyung and I…we’re just friends.”

Jungkook frowned at the other’s explanation but a little surprised as he saw his hyung was blushing. After finding nothing to say, Taehyung quickly scrambled up and went to Jimin and the others to chatter. After a while, Jungkook registered into his mind what Taehyung just said and he felt his face became warm. And at that moment, Jungkook had never been happier in his life. And at that point forward, he was sure that he was in love.

 

 


writing this makes me watch rookie king all over again hahahahaha