Revelation

Let Fate Decide

Bangtan members had been known for writing their own songs. However for this comeback, Namjoon was worried. The date for their album release was nearing and he had a problem. After hearing Jane played the keyboard in his room the other day, he couldn’t take his mind of it. The song she was playing was supposed to be a new song, a new self-composed song that was going to be included in the new album.

The fact that Jane said it was an old song was the trigger. He didn’t want to have any plagiarism issues with their album. He knew that the outcome of plagiarism if it was proven was not pretty. So after he told Yoongi everything, they went to meet with Slow Rabbit to ask him about it.

However, Slow Rabbit didn’t have anything to do with the melody. He said that he just helped to do some other changes but the main beat was not from him. Devastated, Namjoon and Yoongi went back to the dorm to talk to the main composer of the song, none other than Jungkook.

Luckily they found the maknae at the dorm. He was in the kitchen, drinking some water.

“Jungkook, you got a minute? We have to talk.”

The said guy was about to joke about his hyungs’ tone but when he turned to them, he couldn’t do so. Both of the rappers’ face was serious, no hint of playfulness on them. They sat at the dining table; Namjoon was sitting beside Yoongi while Jungkook sat in front of Namjoon. Jungkook was confused at the moment because his hyungs were not saying anything. After a few seconds of staring at the youngest member, the leader talked.

“You know your song that you composed for the album? The outro.” Jungkook nodded so he talked again. “Did you really compose that song yourself? Is it really your song?”

Jungkook frowned at the question. It sounded rude, but he scoffed. He nodded again and waited for his hyung to say anything.

“You see… I heard that song the other day. It was not released yet so people shouldn’t know about it. But the person said it was an old song. So tell me, Jungkook-ah. Just be honest with hyung.”

“Hyung, it is my song! No one could have known about it. I gave you the melody, remember? What are you saying? Where did you hear that song? And I am being honest here. Are you saying I’m lying?”

Jungkook was mad. Did his hyungs didn’t believe him? He was playful, mischievous, but was never a liar when it comes to serious matters. He tried explaining but both of the older males just looked at him without uttering a single word. Yoongi who was silent all the while finally talked.

“Jungkook-ah, please understand our situation. We didn’t want any problem of plagiarism. It is true that you are wanted to become a composer. But you’re young, full of eager. We’re just saying, that it could be a possibility that you heard this song elsewhere, and inspired by it-”

“What?! Hyung!” he slammed his hands on the table which made the other two flinched a bit. “This does not have anything to do with my age! You were also young when you first composed a song, right? Wait…You don’t…You don’t trust me…”

Jungkook’s last words lodged in his throat. He was no longer mad. He was sad. He was sad that his hyungs questioned his passion for composing but he was hurt that they didn’t trust him. His own members. His eyes were filled with tears that were threatening to fall with just another blink from him.

The area was filled with tension and emotions. The youngest held back his opinion when he heard the front door opened and someone was entering their dorm. Jane was walking towards the kitchen with a bag of groceries with her. She greeted them with an overly happy tone but her smile faded when she realized the heavy air between the three people that was sitting there.

“Sorry, I interrupted something important, didn’t I? I’ll come back later-”

“No Jane. In fact, why don’t you sit with us?”

She was unsure but she followed Yoongi’s instruction anyway. She took a seat directly across Yoongi, next to Jungkook. She looked beside her and got a glimpse of his eyes, red and watery. Jungkook was confused, why they asked her to sit with them. Before she could ask anything, Namjoon spoke.

“Jane noona, about the song that you played on the keyboard the other day, what song is that?”

Jungkook looked up. So it was her that they heard the song from? His expression relaxed a little. He looked…relieved. His anger and sadness quickly disappeared. She tensed a little at the question but answered anyway. “I told you it was an old song. Why?”

“That was supposed to be a new song that was going to be included in our upcoming album. Jungkook composed the song. Although the one you played was a little bit different, the melody was similar to this.”

She looked at Jungkook to see he was also looking at her. His eyes were no longer red, any traces of tears was long gone. He smiled at her, which made her taken aback by that gesture. Didn’t this kid was just about to cry a few seconds ago? Yoongi felt weird when Jungkook smiled but proceeded to play the song on his phone.

When the song had finished playing, she looked back at the youngest guy at the table. Her eyes were glistening, but not watery enough to call them teary. She had her hand reached up to his hair to it slowly.

“That’s…beautiful. You made this? The lyrics…you did a great job, Kook-ah.”

Jungkook leaned in to the touch, grinning in process. Jane then looked back at the other two rappers at the table, which looked confused as hell.

“Okay, I need to explain this. About that song…Yes, it was an old song, about 5 years back. And yes, it is his song.”

“But if it was 5 years ago, that means he composed this when he was…13?”

“No, he didn’t. Someone else owned this song. The one who made this song gave it to him. The copyright was given to him, which made it his. So technically, it’s his song, right? I know you guys probably worrying about the plagiarism stuff, but trust me; the original owner wouldn’t be bothered.”

“What makes you so sure, Jane?”

She smiled at Yoongi who asked the question. “Because the song was mine. I made it.”

The other two was surprised at the revelation. “So it was yours?” to that, she nodded. “I didn’t want it anymore. The song…has so many memories. He asked for some songs, and I just gave it to him.”

“And you just gave it to him?”

“He was asking… and I have something that he wants. I only gave him the basic melody and a few lyrics. He changed the song, upgraded it into a masterpiece. It made me proud, actually. It became a great song.”

“But still, you gave it just like that? No composers I know would do something like that, unless it was for someone special. Are his mentor or something? Or perhaps…more than that?”

“…Sort of.” Looking at the frowned faces of the leader and the rapper, Jane knew they were not satisfied with her answer so she sighed heavily before glancing at Jungkook. He nodded a little and both of them looked across the table.

“He’s…my brother. I’m her sister. We’re…siblings.” 


 

 

i know it's kinda obvious but.. hahahaha

once again thank you for the readers/subscribers/upvoters! ^^ do comment~