Stolen kiss

A thousand kisses

The fourth time they kiss, it's the beginning and the end of something, Hyesung just doesn't know what yet.

Hyesung nearly knocks his head against the corridor wall as he walks into the dorm. He's totally tipsy, having spend the night out with Kangta, heavily drinking.

He drank so much alcohol he nearly poured out his deepest worries to his friend. But even his drunken state, he realized he can't do that. Even though there's only that on his mind and it's been driving him crazy, how could he explain that and expect some advice? Kangta would certainly thinks he's a freak.

Andy peeks at him from the kitchen, soon followed by all the other Shinhwa members – minus Eric, all seeming way too amused at his current state, and Hyesung throws them an unfocused but powerful glare as he staggers into his room, hoping that they'll get his "don't you dare annoy me now" message.

He's tired and moody, mentally exhausted, and he doesn't want to talk to anyone. Well, he has been feeling that way for the last two weeks. Since that event.

He closes the door, ignoring the giggles and weird, quick shuffle sounds behind it, and he freezes as he switches on the dim light of the small bedroom – he's had his own since a while now – and his glassy eyes fall onto the sleeping bundle on his single bed.

"What the..."

He curses under his breath and maybe trembles a little, his heart suddenly pounding in his chest.

Wrapped in thin blue sheets, Eric is lying on his bed.

They haven't talked once since they shared that angry kiss, mostly because Hyesung has been carefully avoiding the leader, feeling too shy to break the awkward atmosphere and ask for a clear explanation.

The singer is also sure their eyes haven't met once either, even if he would inwardly admit that he's been stealing more secret glances towards the handsome man now than ever.

Hyesung's throat constricts a little as his eyes get their fill of the sight before him – Eric does look kinda cute when he's sleeping – but he soon snaps out of his trance, his fists tight and a scowl on his face.

"Yah! Mun Junghyuk! What are you doing in my bed?"

Eric looks definitely sound asleep, and Hyesung walks to the bed to shake his shoulder, more gently than it should to be really effective.

"Wake up!" he hisses. "Who gave you the permission to sleep here? Don't you have your own bed?"

He rants for a few minutes, scolding the leader for his outrageous boldness, but Eric doesn't even budge. Behind the door, he can hear some laughs and he makes a pause to glare at the closed door, staring suspiciously at the keyhole for a while, before looking at the sleeping man again, sighing loudly.

"Why won't you wake up? You're so annoying," he complains, plopping down next to the bed on the hard floor, his back against the bedside furniture.

He's silent for a while, listening to Eric's soft breathing and his head still buzzing from all the alcohol he drank that night. He stares at the floor.

"I don't understand you. Are you trying to make me go crazy? I'm tired of all your stupid tricks."

He mumbles something about the leader being inconsiderate, then he rants again, whining about Eric's numerous, lame jokes, all targeted at him. After a while, he realizes that the list is awfully long, and it makes him pause again.

"Thinking about it, I wonder how we even get along in the first place," he blurts out, pouting childishly.

Of course, Eric doesn't answer, and Hyesung is more displeased than ever with the bed thief.

"You know, Kangta is way nicer than you," he mutters again. "Actually, everyone is. Why are you always trying my patience? Huh? What did I do to you to deserve such treatment?"

Hyesung turns his head, noticing at the corner of his eye the subtle little frown suddenly forming between Eric's eyebrows. After staring at it for a moment, Hyesung gently presses the tip of his index finger on the knot. Eric's muscles relax gradually and Hyesung can't resist to run his finger on his nose, caressing it slowly until the tip.

"I'm sorry I avoided you lately. It's just, you're so..."

Leaning on the mattress, Hyesung blushes, thinking about their steamy kiss, and his fingers slide on Eric's cheek on their own accord, caressing his skin. He lays his head on one arm, his nose mere centimeters away from the handsome, captivating face. He had never noticed how pretty Eric's eyelashes are. His finger touches the corner of Eric's mouth distractedly and he withdraws his hand immediately when he finally realizes what he's doing.

"... frustrating and you're getting on my nerves sometimes," he finishes hastily. "But it's not that I don't like you. You're my best friend," he assures him.

The walls are thin and Hyesung's whispers are obviously too loud because he can hear the other members cooing over his words behind the door. He ignores them.

"I'm thankful to have you. You're always there when I need you."

It's true. Eric is always there to reassure him – and scold him about his lack of confidence – when Hyesung is anxious, worrying and panicking over – basically – everything.

With that thought, the singer starts babbling again, more or less coherently, whining about his latest worries and fails. Did Eric think their fans noticed how many times he messed up their latest choreography? Wasn't he a little off-key today at their rehearsal? He hasn't called his baby brother in more than a week because they have been so busy, won't he be mad at him?

Hyesung goes on and on like this, getting everything off his chest for a good half-an-hour, and even if Eric hasn't answered a single question, the singer feels a little better, talking to him. Everything is quiet around them, and the other members obviously left at some point, certainly bored by the lead singer's whiny, endless monologue.

Sighing, Hyesung finally stands up and walks to the nearby closet, rummaging for his pyjamas and some bed clothing. Then, after switching off the lights, he changes into his night clothes and walks back to the bed with a yo mattress and two blankets, setting a temporary bed on the floor next to his bed. When it's ready, he takes the extra blanket, laying it carefully on a shivering Eric.

"Why steal my bed if you won't even use a blanket?" Hyesung mutters admonishingly. "Idiot. Are you trying to catch a cold?"

He tucks him in, gently patting the blanket all over the sleeping man. He's on his knees, the upper half of his body leaning over the bed mattress, and he's surprised when he feels Eric's steady breath on his face, realizing how close they must be.

He hesitates, but once again, his hand seems to move on his own accord, fingertips grazing Eric's cheek in the dark. This time, they don't stop, audacious enough in the quiet atmosphere to caress the leader's mouth softly, longingly.

"Eric," he calls. "I have something else to tell you."

He waits for a moment, both hoping and fearing that the leader might wake up this time, but Eric doesn't answer, and maybe because he isn't completely sober yet, Hyesung just let himself be honest for once. He'll feel guilty later.

"I think I like you," he murmurs.

He doesn't hesitate much before giving in to the temptation. After all, he barely has to lean a little more in to kiss him. A chaste and gentle kiss with a sweet and bitter aftertaste.

He leans back after a moment, pausing only for a few more seconds to pensively stare at the dark figure before sliding under his own blanket.

He's soon drifting into sleep, with the befuddled sensation of fingers brushing his hair in the dark.

***

When Hyesung wakes up in the morning, saying that he is cranky is an understatement.

His head is killing him, his face is bloated, his back feels stiff from sleeping on the floor, and he remembers exactly why he couldn't sleep on his precious bed. He gets up, glaring at the crumpled sheets and shuffles sleepily towards the kitchen for breakfast.

All the other members are already there, eating and talking animatedly, and Hyesung's grumpy face doesn't go unnoticed.

"What happened to you, Hyesung hyung? You look like you slept all night on the floor!" Junjin teases him. "Did someone steal your bed?"

Hyesung glares at his fellow members as they all erupt in laughter. Only Eric is quiet, staring at his food, and the singer is immediately pissed off with him.

"Next time, don't sleep in someone else's bed," he tells him coldly as he sits down in front of him.

The laughters die at once, and no one dares to even talk until Eric shyly looks up.

"Hyesungie, I like you too."

At these words, Hyesung's heart starts beating crazily and he immediately searches for Eric's eyes. They meet for the first time in what seems like forever, and it's a little bit awkward but he's suddenly more terrified by the meaning of a few simple words than their previous kiss.

Is it possible that Eric might have heard him? Is it possible... that Eric might have not been asleep the whole time? What about the kiss? Could he remember it? No, there was no way.

Next to them, the other members look shocked for a moment too, but it doesn't last.

"Omo, were you only pretending to sleep?" Junjin exclaims cheerily. "It makes sense now."
"Ah, I also wondered how Eric could sleep through it," Dongwan says.
"Well, how could he have? Hyesung was so loud! He just doesn't know how to properly whisper," Minwoo merciless states with a chuckle.
"So, Eric hyung, were you awake the whole time? Did you hear everything?" Andy asks the leader eagerly.

Eric nods in answer, while staring back intensely at Hyesung with a tiny, timid smile.

"Yes. Everything," he says, slowly.

Realizing what it implies, the singer feels numb. How could he not notice and make a fool of himself? Hyesung flushes, his puffy face going beet red and making everyone laugh once again.

No one understands why the oil and water couple gets even more awkward after that day.

TBC...


Inspired by a true RS story~ ;D

Source: Andy

xD