Surprise kiss

A thousand kisses

The first time they kiss, it's an accident.

Shinhwa has been recording a tv show for hours now with some other kpop groups, and they're all exhausted. It's getting late, and thinking of his bed, Hyesung sighs inwardly when Junjin, Eric and him are told to stand in a circle for the next game. He does as he's told without complaining however. The sooner the recording is over, the quicker he'll be in his bed.

Next to him, Eric looks as tired as him as they prepare for the kissing game, listening to the staff's instructions. The friends share an encouraging look before they start to compete against the other team of idols, but Hyesung's small smile waver a little at Eric's intense eyes on him.

"What?" He asks in a whisper when Eric doesn't stop staring at him.

Eric only shrugs, and Hyesung doesn't insist.

They start playing. As it often happens in this game – or rather, as it is expected to happen, the thin piece of paper eventually falls off from Hyesung's lips when he has no room left in his lungs to the air in, and his lips crush Eric's when he turns to give him the invisible paper.

They kiss. Softly but firmly, square on the lips because Hyesung didn't realize he lost the paper until he felt his bare lips against his.

The sudden spark it provokes in Hyesung's body sends his heart into a frenzy, and the poor thing immediately starts to beat crazily. Hyesung leans back and their shocked eyes meet briefly. The singer is very well aware of the fact that this will be on camera, and feeling tense about it, he does his best to control his outward reaction and play it cool.

Averting his eyes and taking immediately another piece of paper from Junjin, he blushes a little when he hears a few giggles from the members of the SM girl group who are watching on the side, but he realizes soon that nobody really cares. It's just a game, and on set, everyone – the other Shinhwa members included – is too tired and distracted at this late hour to even tease them about it.

He's nervous every time they exchange a new piece of paper, feeling all too well the lips he just kissed below the thin fabric, but they finish the game without any other incident, and afterwards, they don't mention it between each other. Even so, the atmosphere is very awkward between them and they keep avoiding each other's eyes, sitting far away from the other on the ride home of the group to the SM dorms.

Alone in his bedroom, Hyesung is restless. He can't stop thinking about the kiss even when he slips into his bed later on. The burning sensation of Eric's lips lingers on his, making his mouth tingle. Sure, it's not his first kiss but he suddenly realizes that it is the first time of his life that he kisses a man.

He can't stop thinking about Eric's dark eyes either, nor the way Eric's hand was gripping his arm through the whole game, as if he feared that he would run away from him.

In the darkness of his bedroom, Hyesung suddenly hides his red face behind his hand and roll over in his bed, groaning loudly. "Argh! It's so stupid!"

He hides his face against the pillow and sighs. He doesn't know why he's so disturbed about the whole thing. After all, it was just an accident really, just a game, and probably his first and last time kissing another guy. He's only embarrassed because Eric and he are close and kissing a friend is weird.

It certainly explains why he keeps thinking about such a tiny little kiss and why his belly feels funny when he remembers the strange way Eric looked at him after it.

He groans again, pitifully.

It doesn't explain why he has butterflies in his stomach when he wonders what a second kiss with the beautiful man would feel like.

TBC...