Waiting

Wildest Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The afternoon rush of the market place reminded her of how much she hated the market place but she hadn’t come to fight through the crowd to get to the best booth, no she had something else in her mind and as she walked around, she strained her ears for any news of Chanyeol. Stopping by a booth, she attempted to look at a bushel of cilantro, she had better not go home empty handed or else her mother would start questioning her. She had managed to avoid her father, choosing to wait till he left for work before quickly putting on her shoes and with a quick kiss on her mother’s cheek she dashed out the door.

“Ah, Sooyoung what brings you back? Weren’t you here just yesterday?” The friendly booth owner asked upon spotting her amongst the crowd.

She chuckled nervously, “We ran out of some herbs and mother wanted them to make a dish for father.” It was a simple lie, one she had been using at every booth she had stopped at.

She glanced at her watch, an hour had passed and yet there was no mention of his name. It was as if he had never been here and she was beginning to doubt yesterday’s encounter with him. Could it had just been her mind playing with a trick on her?

Impossible. She could still feel his breath on her forehead, could still hear his voice, and could still feel his presence lingering on her. Not to mention her mother’s assumption. Leaving the bustling market place she quickened her steps as made her way back to the alley. Maybe, just maybe he was waiting there for her.

Nothing.

The alley was deserted, save for a couple of empty beer bottles people had left after a late night out. She let out a solemn sigh, and shook her head. Stupid, that’s what she was. She had foolishly let herself believe in something that wasn’t even real, foolishly let herself think in the possibility that Park Chanyeol had come back to the town that gave him nothing but sorrows, for her.

Stupid, just stupid.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter