Skip nº 3.

Skip Series

Skip nº 3

With a marked frown her eyebrows were very close in sign of concentration, her small hands were busy decorating the large sign that she had been dedicated to do that summer afternoon; surrounded by paper, colored markers and some glitter is how the blonde finds her and chuckles at how adorable her friend was, she stands, arms cross waiting on the doorstep for the girl to pay her some attention.  She knocks the door a few times.

Taeyeon with her hair in a messy ponytail stops her work and sits on her heels before turning her face to the newcomer. She smiles in greeting and the older girl laughs heartily as she realized that the little girl had glitter on her cheeks.

“Working hard, huh?” Gibwoon jokes and carefully steps closer to the smaller one who nods several times. Crawling up to the girl and with some difficulty she rises bringing with her the big sign that she had being coloring all afternoon.
“You think she’d like it?” She asks hopefully. Once she discovers that her friend Gibwoon and Minjung shared some kind of curious friendship, Taeyeon had failed to avoid asking questions about the athlete, Gibwoon pretends not to pay attention by giving her half answers but true be told the blonde was dying inside to simply hug the chestnut and poke her cheek at how adorable she was being, even more by showing how much she like the raven girl.
“She better like it or I’m going to kick her .”
“Unnie” Taeyeon pouts disagreeing at her words and the older one just laughs ruffling her hair.
“C’mon. We’re gonna be late and you have to clean your face.”
“Eh?” The brunette tilts her face confused and Gibwoon point at the mirror so she can see her reflection. Taeyeon laughs loudly.

Being well-seated at the stands she looks around the field looking for Minjung in the crowd. That day the first summer competition of the track team was being held and it was obvious that Taeyeon would be there to support the older girl. Gibwoon besides her would hug her by the shoulders and pinpoint with a flag on her left hand the right way where the person who she gave her admiration was.

Lifting her sign with both hands she straights completely and calls for the brunette loudly, Minjung that was warming up with her teammates looks away to the public to meet the small figure that called her attention and hold a colorful sign with her name. Just like that first time she met her.

Minjung-unnie, fighting!

Minjung smiles and waves at her but the interaction is short because the coach is asking them to meet on the bench; competition was about to start and they needed to be concentrated on the race.

Standing in their respective positions, her muscles tense feeling the sweat concentrate on her back, she adjust her breathing and the thunderous sound of the whistle marks the start of the race. Her legs move almost by inertia and with long steps she creates a steady rhythm, the route consisted of three laps to the entire field, she had finish the route several times on a good mark but she couldn’t leave her guard down.
Competitors gather together on the first two lanes and it comes to surfaces the attempts to surpass each other. At every turn near the finish line Minjung would speed up her steps managing to overcome the other competitors and as the distance narrows the cheers from spectators were getting louder.
It was really no surprise to see her crossing the finish line and taking the gold medal.

Taeyeon who followed her steps carefully, breathe calmly and happy cries escapes knowing that the brunette won, she hugs Gibwoon who was celebrating the same way as the rest of the public, cheering.
Minjung chooses that moment to point at her direction, at first just waved at her in a simple and even innocent gesture until she decides to throw a kiss to the air combined with a wink; Taeyeon opens her eyes surprised and feels her legs turn to jelly. She sits down back on the stands and covers her face hiding the deep blush that began to form on her cheeks.

By the time the crowd began to disperse Gibwoon barely takes her away from the stands and she has no choice but to hug the girl’s body as her eyes find Minjung who was saying good-bye to her teammates. The blonde pushes her toward the athlete and she plays with her fingers insecure, Minjung heads to her direction and smiles warmly at having her close enough.

“Good race, Choi.” Says Gibwoon with hands on hips and raises an eyebrow.
“Thanks, Gibwoon.” She makes a slight movement of her head giving weight to her words.
“Congratulations, unnie!” Taeyeon exclaims happy and Minjung dedicated her all her attention chuckling, with a hand on her hair she ruffles it affectionate.
“Thanks, Taeyeon-ah.” She caressed the youngest cheek and Gibwoon that witness all the interaction can’t help but roll her eyes at such a sweet display of affection.
“Hey Minjung!” Someone was calling her at her back. “You’re coming to celebrate with us?” Her teammates ask.
“Nah! Already have plans.” A broad smile reaches her lips and puts an arm over the smaller shoulders. “Will you go out with me, Taeyeon-ah?” She whispers against her ear and Taeyeon cannot help but gasp surprised and look at the girl with an incredulous gaze. Gibwoon that was aware of the raven girl intentions places a mischief smile on her face as she pulls the athlete by the arm.
“Yah! C’mon Choi. I don’t have all day.” Minjung follows the blonde steps and gestures towards her friends as goodbye, they were laughing. They knew or at least sensed her feelings for that lovely and somewhat fragile figure that clung to her body and smiled slightly.