Chapter One

Coffee Love

« - Wait ! Can I ask you what your name is ? »

 

Mark turned again after thanking the waiter. His eyes fell right on his, and Mark knew that what he thought was right.

 

“- Sorry ? he asked, confused.

 - What’s your name ? said the waiter again.

 - Why do you want to know my name ? demanded Mark, raising his eyebrows.

 - Ah, I’m embarrassed now. It’s just that you seemed quite nice, and interesting…

 

Mark was speechless. He stared at the waiter, paying attention to his facial traits. He was pretty cute, Mark had to admit. But cute wasn’t really his type. He had black hair, straight with bangs falling in his eyes, which were black, and quite big. His lips were full and had a sweet pink color.
Everything in him screamed “cute”, but Mark wasn’t the type of guy who liked cute things.

 

“- Mark. My name is Mark. Thank you for the coffee. Bye !

 

He turned away as fast as he could, not giving time for the waiter to answer. He then quickly left for his university.

Walking in the streets, sipping his coffee, right at this moment, he thought he couldn’t be more peaceful.

That’s when a blonde monster jumped on his back.

 

“- Bambam ! Stop doing this ! I swear one day I’ll have a heart attack.

 - Sorry hyung, I just love when you pout ! You’re adorable.

 - I’m not adorable !

 

Bambam ran away, trying to catch his breath as he was laughing at his hyung.

Mark didn’t want to be called cute. He hated this word and everything that refers to this word.

Aish, this kid, Mark murmured to himself as he was watching the mess his coffee made on the pavement.

Scratching the back of his head, he started walking again, and tried to go back at his previous state of peace. But no matter how hard he tried, his thoughts went to his coffee spilled all over the pavement, and in fact, to the cute waiter he left five minutes earlier.

This boy had something mysterious in him, as if the smile he showed wasn’t really a true smile.

Before he could think more, Mark arrived at his school and joined his group of friends, ready for another day of classes and laughter.

Taking his seat for the first class he had this morning, which was English, a girl jumped on his legs and sat on his laps, kissing his lips as soon as he sat on the chair.

 

“- I sometimes wish you would just tell me hello before eating my face, joked Mark.

  - Hello babe, smiled the girl.

  - Too late, murmured Mark as he kissed her again.

  - Mark, Emily ! Stop devouring each other in class please”, shouted someone across the room.

 

Laughing together, Emily pecked her boyfriend’s lips and left to her seat.

They were the American couple of the class, and if there was one thing Mark was sure of, is that they certainly wouldn’t be together if one of them wasn’t American. When Emily moved to Korea, she was alone, and somehow felt glad when their teacher introduced them to each other. Their story was a usual love story, and everything went well without any problem.

They started dating two months ago, and Mark felt comfortable with her. They both were the shy type, and silence was something they were comfortable in. They never really talked.

Mark didn’t know if he really had feelings for her, but this relationship made him quite happy, so he didn’t mind. She was a nice girl, after all.

His class started, but the waiter never really left his mind. His friends noticed something was wrong with him, but they were used of Mark being quiet, so they didn’t really ask. Maybe, if they did, Mark would have confessed feeling confused.

It was the first time he found someone cute, and somehow, this time, he liked it.

 

On the other hand, Jinyoung worked all day long, trying hard to keep his mind busy. It wasn’t the first time he met someone he liked at the shop, after all. Jinyoung wasn’t a playboy, don’t get him wrong. He was only searching for the right one.

 

“- Jaebum !” shouted Jinyoung as soon as he walked out the shop.

 

The so-called Jaebum turned around, a smile on his lips.

 

“- Oh oh, someone had a great day.

  - Yes…

  - And as always, you’ll never tell me what happened,  right ?

  - You know me too well ! laughed Jinyoung, slapping his friend on the shoulder.

  - Who is it this time ? A new colleague ?

  - Nope. A client.

  - Wow, you’re answering my questions today, realized Jaebum with wide eyes.

  - His name is Mark, murmured Jinyoung with a little smile on his lips.

  - And now you’re blushing.”

 

Jinyoung laughed a little, already knowing his friend was right.

 

“- You need to stop crushing over everyone, Jin’.

  - I think he’s the one.

  - You don’t even know him, sighed Jaebum.

  - I will. I think he’ll come back tomorrow.”

 

Jaebum was worried. It wasn’t the first time Jinyoung told him about a new client he met. But it was the first time he said he may be the one he waited for, for too long now.

But Jinyoung was sure, Mark would come back the day after. And Jaebum was sure he was wrong.

But what if he wasn’t ?