First Skinship

Grant Me My Wish Genie

After Jin Yee’s interview ended, In Guk briefly showed her around the office building. He began to illustrate some of the company’s background to her as he showed her around...

Comfo Publishing comprised of a 6-storey building that belonged to the company. It has been around since founded by the chairman in the 1980s. It is currently managed by GM Park - who was the only son of the chairman. The core of the business was publishing of university textbooks & handbooks in various subjects and the main target audiences are libraries & universities.

Level 6 is where the Chairman office, together with the board of directors’ offices are. As the boardroom and various meeting rooms are situated there, the pantry & staff lounge at level 6 are the biggest as guests would be brought there most of the times. There is also partial outdoor ‘rooftop’ garden for to chill for a break, sometimes for smokers to hang out as well.  

Level 5 is Sales & Marketing, level 4 is Editorial Department, Level 3 is the Production Department and that leaves Level 2 with the Administrative Departments such as Finance, Human Resource, Customer Services etc.

In Guk was at Level 5 with Jin Yee but they only stood outside with her taking a peek inside.

“We share the office with the Sales & Business Development team as we work closely together.” In Guk was explaining.

Just then, Assistant Manager, Mr Oh came walked out, “Ah! Seo menaejeo (manager)! I was wondering when will you return. I have some clarifications....” Then he noticed a lady beside him. “I’m so sorry, did I interrupt the both of you?”

In Guk briefly introduced the both of them together, “This is Park Jin Yee, my hoobae who came for an interview today. Jin Yee, this is Mr Oh, he’s the Assistant Marketing Manager.”

Mr Oh bowed and said, “Hi Miss Park, how are you.”

Jin Yee greeted Mr Oh with a bright smile, “Hello Mr Oh, I’m fine, thank you.” Realising that both the men needed to discuss work matters, she said, “I guess both of you have stuff to discuss about so please go ahead.”

In Guk apologised, “Mi an (Sorry/Apologies). Let’s have dinner tonight? I’ll text you.”

Jin Yee nodded, “Ok.” She smiled as she watched In Guk and Mr Oh walked back into the Marketing Dept.

Jin Yee head toward the lift lobby and pressed the button to wait for the while. While waiting, she heard footsteps coming from behind her. She sheepishly moved aside and turned her head, only to find that the guy whom she knocked against at the cafe was there!

Soo Hyuk, too, was also rather surprised to see her here. Politely, he greeted her, hoping she’d remember him, “Hello there.”

Jin Yee was, shocked by excited at the same time, “You’re the guy I knocked against at the cafe across the street, right?”

Soo Hyuk smiled dryly because she only seemed to remember him as “the guy at the cafe”, instead of the scrawny boy who went to the same neighbourhood high school as her.  ”Oh, yes, that’s right. What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I was here for an interview, for a marketing executive position. I didn’t expect you work here.” Jin Yee explained. “You probably know my seonbae, Manager Seo In Guk?”

Soo Hyuk raised an eyebrow knowing Jin Yee and Manager Seo knew each other, “Seonbae?”

Jin Yee said as a matter of factly, “Yes, we went to the same university and graduated in the same course.”

“I see.” Soo Hyuk responded indifferently, feeling a little discomfort.

The lift reached their floor and Soo Hyuk let the lady enter first and followed behind gentlemanly. He pressed the Ground floor level & the Basement where the car park was.

Although the two of them did not exchange a word inside the lift but Jin Yee noticed his expression changed. Moments later, they had reached the Ground floor. She was about to exit the lift and wanted to bade him bye but he seemed to be in distress...

Soo Hyuk suddenly felt uncomfortable as he clutched his abs. He was suddenly overwhelmed with pain as sweat broke out his forehead. He staggered a little inside the lift.

“Are you ok?” Jin Yee asked him with concern and was ready to step back inside the lift to help.

Soo Hyuk’s brows were knitted tightly, “It’s gastic pain.” He continued to stagger a bit and lost his balance just as Jin Yee was back inside the lift. He accidentally brushed against her shoulders. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” He tried to regain his composure despite the killing pain.  

Instead of freaking out, Jin Yee held onto his arm and said, “Where’s your medicine?”

“I left it in my car, in the basement.” Soo Hyuk managed to reply. “You know what, it’s ok. I will make it there myself and let you continue what whatever you were doing or needed to do.”

Soo Hyuk was expecting Jin Yee to let go of her hand but he was absolutely surprised when she hit the close door button and said, “How can I leave a man in distress alone without any help? What if there’s an accident?”

Soo Hyuk smirked a little despite being in pain. They reached the basement level and Jin Yee helped him out.

Soo Hyuk felt thankful, “Thank you for coming to the basement with me.”

Jin Yee assured, “I could tell you were seriously in pain. You seemed off when we entered the lift.”

Soo Hyuk joked, “You know, you shouldn’t just help anyone who seemingly needs help. How do you know if it may be tactic from strange guys to get close to girls?” As soon as he finished his cheeky statement, his knees buckled a little and Jin Yee caught hold of him as they headed towards the carpark.

Soo Hyuk was expecting Jin Yee to respond to his lame comment but she didn’t. So he continued saying, “Sorry, I’m very heavy. Are you sure you’re willing to do this? You can just help me to inform one of my colleagues to come down and-”

Jin Yee continued to assure him, “It’s ok. I work out often and I am very physically fit. I could carry & lift my 80kg father. I also used to volunteer at refugee camps during my uni days at the borders. I am trained in lifesaving and it’s my duty to help anyone in distress.”

Soo Hyuk smiled knowingly, remembering this noona who always fights for justice, unfairness and couldn’t stand the weak being bullied, or left to fend for themselves.

Jin Yee just held onto his arm very cautiously, helping him move forward, asking, “Where’s your car?”

Soo Hyuk pointed to the black sedan a few feet away. He continued to clutch his abs, prompting Jin Yee to ask him, “How are you going to drive and meet your client in this condition? I’d suggest you to postpone it and see a doctor instead?”

Soo Hyuk took a deep breath and sighed, “I can’t. It wasn’t easy to finally arrange a meeting with the director of the department I’m visiting today. So the requestor shouldn’t postpone as the other party is busier.”

Jin Yee prompted again, “What about your colleagues? Could anyone go on your behalf?”

Soo Hyuk shook his head and said, “This is my account which I’d been handling. They wouldn’t know at what stage am I at. I have to do this myself.”

Jin Yee helped Soo Hyuk to the passenger’s seat and pulled out the compartment drawer and grabbed his medication. As Jin Yee was still standing there, so he asked, “I’m very sorry to keep troubling you like this but do you think you could help me get some water from the cafe at the lobby, please?”

“Ok, sure. I’ll be right back.” She quickly ran up to the first floor and head toward an small open cafe. She bought a bottle of mineral water and returned back to the basement carpark.

As the car door on the passenger seat’s side was still open, Jin Yee saw that Soo Hyuk was resting with his eyes closed. She was about to wake him up when his eyes suddenly fluttered open. She passed him the bottle and said, “Here. Some water for you.”

Soo Hyuk could only muster a weak, “Thank you.” He took some painkillers and drank from the water bottle.

Jin Yee asked again, “Are you feeling better now?”

“Yes, much better now.” Soo Hyuk tried to smile to assure her. “Thank you so much for your help.”

But Jin Yee still wasn’t really convinced, “Are you really sure you’re ok?”

“Yes, you’ve helped me enough. I’m fine from here.” Soo Hyuk tried to sound firm.

Although Jin Yee was still quite worried but his condition but she didn’t want to come across as being too nosey since he already said he was fine. So she bowed politely and said, “Alright then. Please take care. I’m going off now.” She turned around to walk away.

Soo Hyuk saw her left and tried to get up from the passenger’s seat, attempting to get over to the driver’s seat. But he accidentally dropped the empty water bottle which dropped onto the ground with a loud sound in the quiet carpark.

Jin Yee turned her head and her heels back. She saw him bending down to pick up the empty bottle from the ground.

While Soo Hyuk was half squatting down, he saw a pair of legs approaching him. He looked up with his big surprised eyes to see Jin Yee came back.

“Give me your car keys.” Jin Yee said assertively. “I’ll drive you to where your meeting is while you try to get some rest and get better along the way.”

Soo Hyuk stood up slowly, utterly shocked by her request while feeling immensely warm & touched by the same request at the same time. He was trying to contain his smile and passed her his car keys without words.

Jin Yee took the car keys from Soo Hyuk and went over to the driver’s seat while Soo Hyuk settled himself at the passenger’s seat. Inside the car, she asked him, “Where are you heading to?”

“Ewha Women’s University.” Soo Hyuk said while wondering & observing what Jin Yee will do next because this woman’s reactions have all took him by surprise.

Jin Yee pulled out her smartphone and keyed in the locations on her GPS app. With that, she drove them along according to the instructions provided by the GPS. Just to be sure, she also checked with Soo Hyuk, “If the GPS is not accurate, you may guide me along as well.”

Soo Hyuk had his eyes closed and just said, “It’s ok. I trust that you would take me there safely.”

Jin Yee nodded and said, “Ok. If I’m not too sure then I’ll check with you again. Please take a rest and I’ll wake you up when we’ve reached.”

 


 

After a 30-minute drive, they arrived at Ewha Women’s University.

“Hey, uh...” Jin Yee wanted to wake Soo Hyuk up but realised she doesn’t know his name and not really sure how to address him.

Soo Hyuk had a pretty good nap and heard Jin Yee’s voice. He opened his eyes and got himself orientated in his seat and gave directions, “Uh, sorry I didn’t tell you that we are heading to the Business department. It’s on top of a hill so we will be driving upslope.”

Jin Yee nodded and followed the directions to the Business department from the road signs within the university campus. At the same time, she also introduced herself, “By the way, I’m Jeannie Park. It’s the same as Park Jin Yee in hangul. You are?”

Soo Hyuk cleared his throat and said, “Lee Soo Hyuk.” He side glanced at her and tried to observe her expression if she remembered anything?  

Jin Yee raised her eyebrows and repeated, “Lee Soo Hyuk?”

Soo Hyuk prompted, “Why? You happen to know a Lee Soo Hyuk as well?” Please remember me, he silently prayed.

Jin Yee nodded and said, “I think so? I can’t remember whether his name was Lee Soo Hyuk or Lee Hyuk Soo.” She turned and looked at him briefly and asked, “You don’t happen to be from Kwang Hee High School, do you?” But before she let him answer, she quickly added, “Nah, never mind. I don’t think you’re him. That guy was short, tan & scrawny. You are tall & fair.”

Soo Hyuk prompted again, “Well, after all, 10 years had gone by. He may have went through different kinds of experience and grew up really tall? Maybe he has completed his military service and became taller & fitter?”

Jin Yee nodded along and said, “Possibly.” She looked around the surrounding buildings and said, “I think we’ve reached. I hope we’re at the right place.” She was intending to return Soo Hyuk his car keys and leave but his next question stunned her.

“Do you want to come to the meeting with me?” Soo Hyuk extended the invitation to her because, one; he still wanted to see her and two; it would be nice to have her company.

Jin Yee was rather shocked, “Huh? Going to the meeting with you?”

Soo Hyuk cleared his throat and wet his lips a little trying to explain, “Well, you’re not obliged to come along if you already have something on. But well, only if you’re curious & interested to know more about how our departments can work together when you officially start your job next week.”

Jin Yee paused to think for a while and said, “I mean, I don’t have anything on but it just that, it’s a little sudden...”

Soo Hyuk laughed, “Don’t worry, you’re not required to say anything. Just sit in the meeting with me. Ok?”

Jin Yee smiled as she nodded, “Ok!”  

 


 

Author’s Note: It’s been a long long time since I left this fanfic to be covered with lots of cobwebs. The reason why I’ve added this chapter was because - amazingly, even having not updated for more than a year - I have a new subscriber! I did not even require readers to be subscribed in order to read this story but thank you for hitting the subscribe button which inspired me to add a new chapter in more than a year. I’m not abandoning this fanfic -  just taking a hiatus because, well, Lee Soo Hyuk hadn’t had a drama since his Gwi days. If anyone who’s still reading this, happen to like EXO as well, I do have an on-going fanfic You’re My Number 1.

To re-visit the storyline of this fanfic, I actually marked this fanfic as (M) Mature content because I had intended for this to be those One-night stand/Friends with Benefit kind of arrangement for our leads (I’m not telling who) But I realised the M content can be at chapter level! So I’ll indicate that when the time calls for it! Meanwhile, please enjoy what I have here and till the next time again - though not sure when. (7 Aug 2017)