Cigarretes

Daily Romance Dribbles

[Inspired by a short story I'm writing which will be up later in October]

It was cold, the breath escaped his mouth like steam from a boiling kettle. The white clouds wrapped around his head, as he in his quick pace walked down the deserted street. Lots of girls eyeing his long torso as he past by them one by one, or by groups, ruffling up his scarf to cover his face more. Winter was settling upon the vast land, and it was so cold.

Turning at the corner to get away from the marching eyes, he bumped into a different girl. A completely different girl, the contact so hard he fell onto his backside. 

Her eyes lit up by the cigarette inbetween her lips, as she looked down upon him. Hair tucked away under a cap, long curly strands of it hanging out like silk stringsover her scarf that she tug at to avoid it to cover ,

"You okay there?" She said, her voice raspy and deep.

It felt like instant interest, he nodded to reply to her and she held out her hand, it was large with long slim fingers. Firm, in just a tug he was back on his feet.

"Thank you, I'm Takuya by the way" He introduced to the from-top-to-toe black clothed girl, all she did was grin lightly nodding. 

"Alright, have a nice night Takuya" She said and bowed her head slightly and she walked away. Takuya turned around to look at her, she was such an incredibly cool and tough smoking badass, something about her just said something. 

A small kitten went up by the girl as she walked away, it meowed and rubbed its furry body up against her boots. She smiled and crouched down to pet it softly, lifted it up and placed in her arms as she nuzzled it lovingly. Giggling and running her fingers over its fur, it purred happily by her touch and with every purr the bigger her smile grew. 

Takuya felt as if he had gotten hit by Cupid's arrow seeing this tough girl, almost too intimidating for him to even make eyecontact with be so loving and caring towards an animal, his chest felt warm and it tickled over his entire being. 

He walked up to her, her smile disappeared as he approached her and squatted down to her eye level. Intimidated by her, he barely was able to speak.

"Can I touch it?" He asked slowly, pointing at the cat. She opened her arms wider,

"Sure" She said casually, in a cool way. 

As the cat leaned up into his hand, he smiled and petted it like there was no tomorrow, probably smiling like an idiot. Which made her smile as well. Takuya looked at her up close, she was looking down at the cat, happy to see it purr while trying to keep it warm in the cold alley. 

"What's your name?" He asked, as the kitten his  fingers. 

She let out a sigh and looked up at the black sky, 

"Hmmm, is that really important?" She said, it wasn't likely for them to ever meet again. 

"I'm just wandering" He tried to imply a possiblity of them getting to know each other. She let the kitten down, and it ran inbetween Takuya's long legs, circling around them in a 8-pattern. 

"It's Yoon" She said, trying to get the kitten's attention, but it was far too interested in Takuya to notice her. She shrugged, kinda annoyed. And let out a little swear at it, though it didn't care. Takuya laughed, as she lifted her cap and her hair fell down over her thick scarf.

"Do you drink coffee?" He asked her, she nodded, 

"I do" She gave a short answer. 

"Would you like to grab some coffee with me?" He followed up on his question, without hesitation. She stood up, stretching her long legs.She hummed for a while, probably going to reject his offer,

"I'll pay, I insist!" 

"I guess, okay then, but no milk or sugar in it"

They walked to the nearest cafe that was still open, she stayed outside lighting up another cigarette producing a fog around her upper body then proceed to sit down in the chairs on display outside. He hurriedly carried the coffees out, steaming hot and placed them on the table. She's eyed the cups then looked at him, reaching out for the one closest to her, taking a sip after another cloud escaped . 

"Jesus, this isn't coffee!" She exclaimed loudly, almost choking on the drink. Takuya panicked and opened the lid on the one in his hand,

"Oh no, I'm sorry! I had them make mine decaf with milk. Here's yours" He apologized, but let out a small chuckle. 

She laughed at herself, perhaps actually at him and took the cup out of his hand and handed him his.

"Who even bothers getting decaf in a coffee, that just isn't coffee. Might as well just drink warm milk" She said smiling slightly, finding the guy incredibly odd. 

Takuya smiled, because she was smiling and didn't really catch that she was basically calling him a child. He liked her smile. She looked at him and gave him a weird look and twitched her head to the side, 

"What's up with the smile" She asked, taking a sip of her black coffee, leaning back into the chair exhaling with enjoyment and her lips curved into a satisfied smirk. 

"I just like smiling" He said without thinking, she lifted an eyebrow at his answer and nodded, ashing the bud on the ground.

"Well that atleast makes one of us" 

She looked up and drank her coffee, it was like she was in an entirely different world, her coolness just didn't stop amazing Takuya, same with her voice and the way she carried herself. 

"Hey, would you like to get coffee tomorrow night too?" He asked, not considering it was kind of weird to ask a stranger you had basically just met an hour ago.

"Hmm. Sure"

Her answer amazed him more than anything, she titled her head in his direction and her eyes made contact with his. He gulped mentally, 

"But, if you mess up the coffee tomorrow too, I ain't seeing you again" She said in all seriousness. Until she let out a chuckle and shrugged her shoulders, pulling out her foreign cigerette box and lit another one. Holding out one to him, in an offering. 

"Oh no, I don't smoke" 

Another chuckle sounded,

"Well, guess that makes one of us" She repeated herself and let out a big cloud of white.