Hurt

Daily Romance Dribbles

She was in pain, her chest was heavy and her mind flooded with storm, as tsunamis hit the back of her forehead in intervals. Stream like tears running down her face, nose as red as beet juice, she hickered as she curled up as much as she could, hugging her knees in desperation for warmth and the feeling of safety. 

Never had she felt this alone, her life seemed all the more meaningless as her mind only contained pain and nothing of the sorts of survival, basic instinct to even feed her body with liquid or food. Her didn't cry, the sounds heard were mere battle cries of a wounded warrior, that had lost the battle to keep his family alive. Everything shattered in just a blink of an eye.

Her only friend that knew about this, had countless times tried to get to her, to be next to her in her time of need, but even if she wanted to her body didn't move one bit. Until a few days had past and he finally had convinced the landlord to lend him the spare key to check up on her.

"Are you okay" A soft voice echoed in her room, not that she really noticed covered in incy blankets and her face buried so deeply inbetween her knees. He put his hand carefully onto her back before saying anything else, "Hey...everything will be alright, okay? I'll be here" He said.

She couldn't muster to turn around, her body weak and aching. Instead he turned her over, running his hand over the top of her head. 

"Mhmm?" He patted her several times before her voice resurfaced deep within . 

"Taku...ya.." She barely spoke before the tears came pouring down her cheeks and he wrapped his arms around her and let her scream all she wanted into his chest.

For some reason, his warmth was soothing something in her, she had always really liked Takuya, but she never dared to confess. Only to see him be happy with a girlfriend, through the various of times a new girl would come into his life. Though nothing of that mattered, it's all just an old headline in her life. Right now, nothing mattered.

He reassured her everything would be fine over and over, his arms wrapped tight around her shaking frame and hands going over her back in a comforting motion. Never had she dreamed any of this would happen, at least not so soon. 

"I'll always be here for you" He said, Takuya wanted to smile but. her sobbing and sadness broke his heart and he couldn't stand by doing nothing.

His right hand ran over her head once more and she looked up to see his face, seeing the tears glide over her face, there was something breath taking about it.

"You look really beautiful when you cry" He said.

Never had anyone told her that before, not that she had ever cried infront of anyone before, but it just didn't make sense. She laughed at the words that came out of his mouth.

"Eyy I made you smile!" He said happily, almost victoriously. The contraction of her abdorminals hurt more than ever but, it was worth it. 

Takuya went into the kitchen after she fell asleep in tears, the dust clearly indicated that she hadn't taken a step into this part of the apartment, let alone ate anything for as far as he knew from prior that day

Cooking in silence, after cleaning up the dust Takuya made a porridge, with little bits of vegetables that hadn't gone bad and eggs. Going back into her room, observing her breathe, the swollen eyes, the red tip of her nose and slightly bitten lips, she was still so beautiful.

"I made you some food, you should eat a little while I'm still here" He said

"Don't leave me" She said, he thought she was talking in her sleep, but her eyes opened up and they were glassy and moist making him gulp at the sight.

"You want me to spend the night?" He replied, she nodded. Takuya scratched the back of his head.

"You said you would be here for me..so can't you stay? I don't want to be alone anymore.." She said, tears falling down her face once more. 

"Okay, okay, of course, just try not to cry too much, okay? I know it's stupid to say, but it really breaks my heart to see you like this" He helped her up from the bed and held her hand as she held on for dear life to his, the floor felt so foreign beneath her feet.

As they ate, Takuya talked about various of things about his life, how worried he had been and how he had to beg on his knees to get the master key from the landlord so he could get in this day. She felt bad but, also grateful for his actions. Until he mentioned he had broken up with his girlfriend, which felt kind of unsignifiquent to her but, then again she bad for feeling that way too.

As she ate she could barely room more than half of the porridge, her stomach was experiencing foreign substance or in general subtance which it wasn't use to at all for a couple of days with nothing.

Time flew by and it was all too soon dark, as she didn't have a couch Takuya laid down on the floor next to her bed.

"Goodnight" He said smiling, putting a hand behind his neck stretching his long legs across the floor.

Her head showed from the edge of the bed, her eyes looking down on him as he made eyecontact.

"What is it?" He asked, still smiling. She looked down for a little while, until she spoke.

"Can you lay next to me?" She asked, innocently.

Surprised he got up on his elbows,

"In the bed?"

She nodded,

"It's just I'm...really cold and I don't want you to sleep on the floor" She said.

"Okay" He said and got up, and crawled in next to her, leaving plenty of space inbetween them. Soon enough she turned her back towaord him and dragged her legs up to her torso, shaking ever so lightly.

He to his side, facing her back, looking at the strands of hair that was swaying down from her neck disappearing under the blanket, for a while he just stared listening to her breath making sure she wasn't crying again. He wanted to embrace her. She turned around and stared into his eyes, smiling a very tiny smile.

"Thank you" Was all he heard until he smiled back and pressed his lips onto her forehead,

"I'll always be with you"