Chapter 2

Team V

A flux of students can often be observed before and after classes at Baekseok High School. Although not the largest or most prestigious school, it was a second home to some and, at times, a bane for others. Fair ground seemed to be observed as the students passed each other idly with their own group of friends or in their own fantasy world.

Jaerin just came out his language class and was too immersed in his own world through the use of his earphones. He swiftly took textbooks out in place of others and talked to no one. He was tired too, plus Menma was sure to be a mouthful once he goes down the stairs.

He wasn't a very picky guy when it comes to colors, clothing or his preferences. What he was picky of was music and how he fared. Often, Menma would pick at him when he least expects it or was too deep in thought.

Menma saw that opportunity as he walked by idly by her room. She picked up her bag and rushed after him as his walking speed could be paced as brisk walking.

Good thing that her work was in her backpack as she dashed toward him. Jaerin looked behind him and only saw her not too far behind and out of breath. Why she even tries to surprise him is beyond his understanding.

Monsoon season started last week so they couldn't risk walking or be drenched. Catching the flu was equal to ample pain once they had to go back after recovering. Luckily for them, their sunbaes had them covered since they planned to visit them since it was a weekend.

"Oppa, what did they say? What did they say?" Menma asked, pulling on Jaerin's coat and tiptoeing to see a text that he received. Jaerin forgets that Menma has enough strength to pull him down by the shoulders using his coat and this was one instance.

Right now, they were sitting on a bench in front of Baekseok High School's main gate and waiting for their friends, Kim Sheena and Jeong Ilcheon, who were going to pick them up.

Jaerin clutched the bridge of his nose, "Here." he said, showing the text to Menma. She had been asking the same question ever since they got there and it had been getting to his nerves. Menma laughed at her sunbae, took his cell phone, and silently read the message.

Menma thought it'd be a good change of atmosphere for her sunbae when she purposely tests his patience. They were good friends to get ticked off but it was fun to bring him to the edge.

"You do know that it takes 40 minutes for them to get here, right?" he asks, crossing his arms over his chest. Menma pokes her tongue out and gives him back his phone after taking a weird selca.

"I know, but, since we're not doing anything, I decided to annoy you~" she replies, giggling and leaning back on the bench they were sitting on. Jaerin rolled his eyes and deleted the selca she took on his phone. Menma pouts at what he did.

"Why do you always delete the selcas I take on your phone?"

"Because if I didn't, I would have a sea of them in it."

The pair start to bicker, earning glances from a few people who walked by. Most people found it odd that Menma would raise her tone to her supposed sunbae but she really didn't care what they thought. This was natural and part of their unique friendship.

In the midst of their banter, a car parks in front of them. The teachers were ready to gape at the sleek car that halted in front of the, otherwise, quiet high school.

"Yah! You're in public! Stop fighting." Sheena says as soon as the window next to the shotgun seat opened. Ilcheon shakes his head at the two, reaching over to the horn and honks the horn to get their attention.


"That is how you get the attention of fighting children." Protests aside, Sheena called them over to the car from the back seat.

"He started it." Menma said, opening the door and sitting beside Ilcheon, "Cheonnie-oppa, eonnie is being mean again."

Ilcheon chuckles and pats Menma on the head, "She's always mean~" Menma pouted at his response, which earns a laugh from Jaerin and an eye roll from Sheena.

The four laugh and talk in the car. All of them talk about their day and laugh at their little idioms. Menma making jokes about her encounter with boys of her batch in History and Jaerin's disinterest to work with a sleepy lab partner were among the highlights.

The driver drops them off at their usual hangout, which is Ilcheon's dorm. They would go out for some bubble tea but the line outside Gongcha was too long to wait for. Sheena tells her driver to pick her up in a certain hour before entering Ilcheon's humble abode.

It wasn't big but it was manageable. He lived alone and rents the place while he attends college which wasn't too far away. He only had his friends as house guests outside his clique in college. Ilcheon preferred the company of his younger friends since they knew how to keep up a conversation.

That and every moment was vlog worthy.

"So, what are we going to do today?" Menma asks as she belly flops onto Ilcheon's couch. Sheena sits on Menma's back, earning protests from the younger girl.

"Another mukbang?" Jaerin suggests with a gleam in his eyes.

"We could put makeup on Cheonnie-oppa and Jaerin-oppa" Menma squeaks from under Sheena. Sheena laughs and gets off of the younger girl.

"Not a bad idea," Sheena says as she sits on the floor, "I have my makeup in my bag~"

The boys glared at them, "We are not doing that." they chorused. The youngest one pouted.

"But we can make it like a contest and the viewers can comment who did a better job; me or, the ugly , Sheena-eonnie!"

"Yah! Who are you calling an ugly , huh?! I drove yours here!" Sheena says, pinching Menma's cheeks.

While the girls bicker, the boys set up the camera and start filming.

"Hey there! We're in hyung's dorm again and the girls are having a cat fight." Jaerin says. He makes quotation marks at the word "cat fight" and points the camera at Sheena and Menma.

Ilcheon, on the other hand, is thinking of how to break off the two.

"Yah! Are you filming-" Sheena stops pinching Menma and glares at Jaerin. "Come here, you little prick!" she stands up and chases Jaerin around the room. As the two run around, Menma and Ilcheon take over the camera.

"Hi, viewers~ Neomu areumdaun-daun-daun-daun view," Menma sang while Ilcheon rolls his eyes, "As you can see, Sheena-eonnie has her monthly visitor!"

Ilcheon laughs and ruffles Menma's hair, "Please excuse our dongsaeng's almost-potty mouth."

"Yah! My hair!"

"We are currently doing nothing and are bored out of our minds and this is what happens~" Ilcheon says with a wide grin.

Sheena suddenly pops up from behind the two, "Jaerin is an ."

"Where'd he go?"

"He's in the bathroom."

"I HAD TO PEE, OKAY?!"

The three laugh and the hours tick by as they got golden footage for their own vlogs. Unfortunately, the fun had to be cut off by the girls' curfew. Sheena rolled her eyes at how loud the car's horn is and swore to ask her father to do something about it. They say their goodbyes and hug it out.

Sheena wasn't sleepy yet and decided to chat with Menma who seemed to be having the same problem. It was mostly about boys, makeup, and their idiot friends. As they were talking, Menma didn't reply for as few minutes. Sheena thought she had fallen asleep but was interrupted by an email notification before she even got the chance to say good night.

Annyeonghaseyo,

SM Entertainment has received your audition form amongst many applicants after our roll call. We would like to inform you that we have reviewed your application and would humbly invite you to audition in person. Please be prompt and be ready to audition your part to the panel on the date and location listed below.

Contact details are listed below should you have any questions.

Hoping to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

SM Entertainment

Sheena couldn't believe what she saw, nor expected she'd get a reply from SM. Menma buzzed in and seemed to have gotten the email as well. It was evident as there was a slur of messages.

Menma also added Jaerin and Ilcheon to their conversation before the onslaught of excited messages.

"Did you guys receive an email?"

Jaerin and Ilcheon were sleepy despite getting the emails as well. There were doubts, of course, most of them from Ilcheon, but the group felt excited generally.

Menma kept talking about going to the same school where Do Kyungsoo and Lim Hyunsik, members from the famous groups EXO and BToB, studied and now walking the same path. Sheena loved to make people happy and getting a chance like this would increase the mass of people that she can.

Jaerin just wanted to sleep and react in the morning, Ilcheon backing him up immediately.

It was bold to send an application to SM, but it was another to get accepted and go. Even though that's what they decided, the four of them still tossed and their beds. The idea of becoming famous dawned on them. Questions like "Can we do it?" and "Are we ready for it?" screamed in their heads.