Reserved Love

The Collection
Ryeowook didn’t want this.
 
Ryeowook didn’t want to marry this women that was older than him by 5 years, he wanted to go off and travel, he wanted to be with the love of his life, not have to be forced to start a family at the age of 21.
 
The women that he was to marry was pretty, taller than him, snarky, loved to play video games, and spent many hours in some lab working with computers and numbers - things that Ryeowook didn’t care about.
 
All Ryeowook wanted to run away, to run off with Jongwoon, and be free. Not be locked away in some pent house apartment, and not being allowed to leave.
 
The woman that he was to marry, her name was Kyuhyun, which was weird to Ryeowook personally, she had a males name, but that didn’t seem to bother her at all.
 
Kyuhyun was possessive to a dangerous degree, and wanted to control everything that was going on in Ryeowook’s life. She wanted tabs on him at all times, and she would look through his phone nightly before going to sleep.
 
In her defense, she did have her good points, she was loyal, and did care for him, but it wasn’t what Ryeowook wanted.
 
The front door opened, and Ryeowook quietly ran to their shared bedroom, grabbing a giraffe plushie, and then diving under the covers, curling up, and doing his best to fake sleep.
 
He really didn’t want to talk to her today, especially with the project that she was working on at work, last night when she asked him how her day was, she snapped, and screamed at him until he burst into tears, and locked himself in guest bathroom, falling asleep against the door - he woke up in their bed surprisingly, with one of his giraffe plushies tucked under his arms, and the perfume that Kyuhyun wore surrounding his senses.
 
He heard he come into the bed and let out a sigh, he then heard the bathroom door close, and the shower turn on. It was roughly 20 minutes before she came out, and then got into bed, stilling faking sleep, Ryeowook didn’t move.
 
He had to stop himself from running out of the bedroom when he felt her kiss his eyes.
 
She wound her arms around his chest and pulled him close to her, her head resting on top of his, and started to card her fingers through his hair.
 
“I’m sorry”
 
She whispered to him, she didn’t want to force him into this, but there really was no other way, he would be safe from the danger that he didn’t know about.
 
Even if he ended up hating her, she would be  fine with that as long as he was safe away from those that were trying to hurt him now.
 
Tightening her grip, she slowly dozed off into the world of dreams. Ryeowook was wide awake now, shocked at the apology that he was given, his mind in shambles at the warm nature those words held. 
 
He took his free hand and found one of hers before gently interlocking their fingers, before he soon curled up, following her into the world of dreams.

Maybe, just maybe there was a chance that they could reach an agreement, and things could somehow work out.