Luhan

EXO Dad Series

It was 11pm late into the night when Luhan finally reached home from his exhausting schedules.

" Welcome home, Dear. How was work today? " his wife welcomed him at the door upon hearing the unlocking of the main gate of their apartment.

" Everything went well today. " Luhan answered his wife as he embraced her in his warm arms. " The photoshoot went smoothly and practice was okay as usual. Everything went well for both Xiao Qian and you? " 

" I guess it's all right for me, but I'm kind of worried of Xiao Qian, " Luhan moved backwards to look at his wife upon hearing this as she continues, " she came home from school this afternoon and her facial expression wasn't good. She looked frustrated and even asked me during dinner on how to look pretty. When I answered her that I'll tie her hair prettily in different way from now on, she just looked upset before heading back to her room without finishing her plate. We both know clearly that she loves food and would always ask for more, yet these days she doesn't finish her serving and always stay in her room, which is unlike her. I'm getting worried about her, can you go and talk to her about it, Dear? " a worrying expression appears on his wife's face. 

" Sure, Dear. Let me talk to her about it. Don't fret over it okay? Go into the bedroom and rest, you've had a long day. " Luhan presses his lips against his wife's forehead before heading off to his 11 year-old daughter, Xiao Qian's room.

-----

* Knock, knock, knock*

" Come on in " a muffled shout was heard from the other side of the wooden door. Luhan proceeds to twist the door knob and makes his way into Xiao Qian's room.

" Papa! You're home! " Xiao Qian came down from her bed and ran towards her father's arms and engulfed her in a bear hug.

" So I heard from Mama that our little cutie hasn't been eating well and seem frustrated about certain things. Tell Papa about it, Papa will be able to give you good advices. Come on, spill it out. Tell Papa what's troubling you. "

Xiao Qian slipped out of her father's arms and onto her bed. Patting the space beside her, she welcomed Luhan to sit beside her. 

" Papa, " Xiao Qian voiced out meekly, " can you teach me how to play soccer? "

" Why so sudden? I thought you always said soccer are meant for boys and you don't want to play it because you will dirty yourself? Why the sudden change, cutie? " Luhan asked his daughter as he remembers that one time when she was 7, they brought her to the stadium in their neighbourhood yet she complained that playing soccer made her sweaty and dirty though she seemed to have fun.

" Well... I want to make friends with this boy... " Xiao Qian voiced out softly as she appeared to be shy talking about this topic. " His name's Xian Tai and his hobby is soccer, I see him play soccer with his friends during recess daily. " "So can you teach me how to play soccer? I really want to be friends with Xian Tai! " Xiao Qian ended with an enthusiastic tone, eager to learn soccer from her father.

" Seems like our Xiao Qian likes this Xian Tai... " Luhan teased his daughter while she blushed a little. " All right, Papa will teach you tomorrow okay? It's past your bedtime now and you have to sleep early for you to have energy to learn how to play soccer! " as he stood up and tucked Xiao Qian into bed.

" Also apologise to Mama tomorrow, she has been worried about you these few days, okay? Good night, sweet dreams. " as Luhan pecked her forehead.

" Okay, I'm sorry to worry you as well Papa. Good night, sleep tight. " Xiao Qian pecked Luhan's cheek before he switched off the lights and went out of her room.

-----

" So you're saying that she wants to learn soccer from you? That's unexpected! But it seems like our daughter has matured, she's starting to have a crush now! " Luhan's wife chuckled a little as Luhan step out of the shower while drying his hair as he conveyed the earlier talk to his wife.

" I was shocked when I heard it initially, but it's inevitable. Our daughter is already having a crush, she's going to leave us and get married soon! " exclaimed Luhan as he dove right into bed and snuggled into his wife's neck.

" That's cute though. How she matures so quickly. Sometimes it surprises me how girls mature so quickly, yet boys can be so immature even when they grow old. " Luhan's wife stiffled a laugh as the comment was directed towards her said husband.

" Yah, was that directed at me?! I'm manly okay? MANLY! " Luhan looked up at his wife and glared at her, half teasing, half serious.

" Yeah righttt. Remind me of those instances where you're 'manly', my dear hubby " she as she laughed out loud.

" All right, I'll show you how MANLY I am then. Remember when Xiao Qian pestered you for a younger sibling, I'm going to be a good father and fulfil her wish. Come here my wife, I'm going to show you how MANLY am I! " Luhan teasingly shouted while he compressed her between the sheets and his toned chest.

" Yah, I didn't mean it that way! " she shouted, half of her enjoying as the other half protests, although she sincerely didn't meant for Luhan to show her THAT way.

-----

" Good morning Mama,  I'm sorry for worrying both Papa and you for the past few days. Papa will be bringing us to the park today so prepare yourself okay? " Xiao Qian greeted her mum with a morning hug and a kiss on her cheek.

" All right, no need to fret about it. Mama is not upset as long as my lil cutie is happy" Luhan's wife pinched her daughter's cheek as they smiled at each other. " Go wake Papa up and we'll have breakfast before heading out. "

" Yay " was heard along the corridor as Luhan's wife smiled, her smile widened as she heard her daughter waking her husband up, the latter groaning as he struggled to wake up and keep up with his daughter's antics.

-----

" To receive the ball, you have to keep your eye on the ball and choose which foot to receive the ball. Receive the ball with one foot with the toe pointed up. And prepare for the next action, whether to shoot or to pass, instead of stopping the ball." Luhan coached Xiao Qian as his wife sat under the shade of a tree.

Luhan 'accidentally' kicked the ball a little too hard and it rolled far away as Xiao Qian ran over to bring back the ball, while Luhan walked over to his wife to quench his thirst.

" So how was I last night? Manly enough for you? " Luhan teased his wife as he whispered into her left ear. His wife was stunned yet his whispers sent shivers down her spine, as she blushed and Luhan just laughed out loud at her reaction, causing a smack on his upper arm.

" Papa! I'm back with the ball! Let's continue! " shouted Xiao Qian as she waves towards her mother, Luhan stood up and goes towards Xiao Qian, not before turning around and giving his wife a y wink.

-----

" Xiao Qian! Xiao Qian, is that you? " Luhan and Xiao Qian heard a shout calling for her from afar as it seemed to come closer. An image of a young boy running over to them, came into vision.

" I didn't know you played soccer, Xiao Qian! You look pretty good at it! Teach me during recess some time! " exclaimed the boy as his eyes shone with excitement,

" Oh, and Hi Uncle, nice to meet you. I'm Xian Tai, Xiao Qian's friend. " the young boy bowed and greets the elder. ' So this is the boy that caught the eye of my lil girl, not bad...' Luhan thought

' He knows my name! He knows me! He asked me to teach him during recess! He wants to spend time with me! OMG OMG ' Xiao Qian's inner self squeled as fireworks seem to burst in her heart.

Luhan's wife walked over to them as she saw that her daughter and husband are not alone.

" Hi there, who's this young gentleman may I ask? " Luhan's wife asked politely as she squatted to have the same eye level as the young boy.

" Hi Aunt, I'm Xian Tai, Xiao Qian's friend. Nice to meet you. " as he smiled an eyesmile towards her.

" Oh! Hi there! I've heard alot of you from Xiao Qian, " meanwhile she felt a stare from behind her back, " why are you here alone? Who are you with? "

" I'm here with my parents and we are playing soccer too, " as he pointed towards a family behind the trees, " do you want to join my family and play with us, Xiao Qian? "

Luhan nudged Xiao Qian as the latter blushed before nodding at Xian Tai. Xian Tai held out his hand and Xiao Qian grabbed on to it, as they walked hand in hand.

-----

" Xiao Qian has a boyfriend now, she's going to abandon her father! " Luhan dramatically fake cries before hugging his wife's arm as she just laughs at her overly dramatic husband.

" And this is why I'm saying my husband is childish" as she shook her head before releasing a fake sigh.

" Yah, " Luhan lift his head off his wife's shoulder before looking at her straightly, " this is also why we should have another kid! Another sibling for Xiao Qian! " Luhan retorts.

" Yeah right, yeah right, my 'manly' husband " Luhan's wife teases him as she stiffles a laugh while patting his head, which was a motion that's deemed 'not manly' by Luhan.

" Yah! "

 

 

-----------

Daddy Luhan's oneshot down! Slightly longer than the previous one. Hahahaha

Hope this met your standard (?)

No plagiarism is allowed!

Hehehe, Comments are much appreciated! Please let me know if the length is too short/ too little, what can be improved on, and what is good.

Please comment, subscribe and upvote! Till the next member! BUHBYEEE~