Xiumin/ Minseok

EXO Dad Series

" Appa! " a loud scream was heard from the entrance before loud taps against the wooden floor echoed throughout the local cafe.

" Wow, our Yura is here to visit Appa! Why are you up so early today? " replied the said male as his daughter ran into his open arms before scooping her up while smothering her in kisses.

" Yura, didn't you promise Umma that you'll not run when we're out? It's dangerous for you to do so " another beautiful voice was heard at the entrance of the cafe as the lady shook the umbrella to get rid of the excess raindrops from the pouring rain outside.

" I was just excited to see Appa, I haven't seen him in days! " replied their 5 year-old daughter, Yura.

" But that doesn't give you any excuses as to why you ran, it's dangerous and you know it. You have to take good care of yourself as well as your younger sibling right? You'll be an Unnie or a Noona soon! " says the 7 month-old expectant mother as she rubs her belly.

The younger one said nothing but gave her mother a small smile, while her husband walked towards his wife with his daughter in one hand and embraced his wife with the other. " How was the ride here? Did Yura give you any trouble? Didn't I tell you to rest, why are you here with Yura so early in the morning? We have yet to even open the shop. " he pauses to look at his wrist watch " It's only 8.15am and knowing the both of you, Yura normally wakes up at 9am and it takes an hour for the both of you to get ready. "

" My dear Minseok, one question at a time! Gosh, how am I going to answer all those questions at the same time? Geez Minseok " his wife complains while the husband sheepishly rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment and Yura just looks at the interaction between her parents while her left thumb. " Firstly, the ride was fine, with Yura singing or screaming EXID's Up and Down in the car, and this little imp pestered me to bring her here today to visit you as well as to colour her colouring book together."

" Is that what you'd like to do today, Princess? " Minseok smiles and questions his daughter as little Yura nods her head vigorously, a huge smile prominent on her face, resembling her father's.

" All right then, sit at the middle table and I'll bring both of your hot chocolates over! 2 hot chocolates coming right up! " shouts Minseok as he places his daughter down and heads to the kitchen, whereas his wife brings Yura to the said table while Yura claps her hands with glee.

-----

" And here are 2 hot chocolates and 1 americano! " Minseok announced while lil Yura dropped the pink colour pencil in her hand and applauded, and her mother just ruffles Yura's hair while smiling at their daughter's cute actions.

When Yura's hot chocolate arrived, her mind went blur and all thoughts were on the Grande-sized drink right before her eyes.

" Oppa! Why did you give her such a large drink! She'll have a sugar rush later and you won't be the one handling her madness, it'll be me! " Minseok's wife nagged and gave him a look of disbelief.

" Chill, Dear. It's just a hot chocolate. Furthermore, I'll handle her sugar rush as well, since the both of you will be here to accompany me the entire day right? " Minseok replied as he smiles adoringly at his wife while slightly ruffling her hair the way she did to their daughter moments ago.

Amidst the sweet couple's 'moments' was Yura, who was already excited to gulp down her beverage. With her colouring book off her mind, she dove in straight for the hot chocolate in front of her.

" Ah! It's hot! " yelped Yura as she took a sip of her hot chocolate while flailing her arms around in the air, expressing her shock at the moment with her small body. 

The couple turned their heads and shifted their attention to their daughter, who was mumbling a soft ' bad hot chocolate, bad' under her breath, and laughed at her reaction.

-----

" Mmm, delicious! As expected, Daddy's hot chocolates are the best! No one can beat Daddy's hot chocolates! " lil Yura puts up both of her thumbs to compliment Daddy Minseok after taking a sip of her hot chocolate which has cooled off a little. 

In response to his daughter's compliment, Minseok puts up both of his thumbs to mimic his daughter's actions before giving her light ruffles on her head and giving her a peck on her cheek. Witnessing all these little display of affection was his wife, who felt a little jealous of Yura receiving a kiss from her husband.

" Where's my kiss? Jongie (fetus in her) want a peck too! " complains his wife, which caught Minseok and Yura's attention.

" Awww... Our Jongie is jealous and wants a peck too? Okay, " smiles Minseok before giving his wife's clothed belly a peck, "and another for Mummy before she gets jealous as well " leaving a sweet kiss on his wife's lips.

" Umma, don't get jealous. Appa gave you a kiss while Jongie and I received pecks " teases Yura, while her mother blushes at her comment and changed the topic.

" Let's get started on our Yura's colouring book, all right? " Yura cheered and began colouring on her 5th page. Minseok and his wife joining their daughter right afterwards.

-----

" And... we're done! " the family finished colouring the page.

" So Yura, tell Daddy and Mummy what's this that you've coloured? "

" This " pointing at a male with a lower waist apron (those seen in cafe's that barista's wear), "is Appa". "And this is Umma, Jongie and me" pointing at a lady carrying a baby in her arm, the other hand holding Yura's.

" I chose to colour this page because I love my family. My parents are the ones taking care of me and they love me very much. They also support me and I believe that they will do so for my sibling, Jongie, in the future as well. I want to show that I care and I love my family very much, including our unborn Jongie. I'm anticipating your birth Jongie, Noona will take good care of you and share my toys with you. Grow up well Jongie, Noona loves you. Thank you Daddy and Mummy for giving me such a lovely family, I love you two very much" Yura ended her speech while smiling, showing her pearly white teeth.

" Thank you my pretty daughter " both Minseok and his wife voiced out, his wife's eyes glistening with tears, while Minseok gave an adoring smile towards his sensible daughter.

" Isn't it time to open up the cafe, Appa? " Yura voiced out from the washroom as her mother brought her to clean up

" Oops! Thank you for reminding me baby girl, we're late by 10 minutes! Hahahaha, I'll unlock the door and switch the sign then! " exclaims forgetful Minseok.

" Let me flip the sign, Appa! I'll do it! " Yura ran ahead towards the door and flipped the 'Closed' signage, to 'Open'.

 

' Thank you for giving me such a peaceful and happy married life. Thank you God for blessing me with a wonderful family and this amazing gift in my tummy. " Minseok's wife expresses her gratitude in her heart as she watches her daughter colouring and sipping on her hot chocolate and her husband making a customer's drink, with a smile on her face while rubbing her swollen belly.

" Thank you, so much "

 

 

_____

 

A/N:

Daddy Xiumin's oneshot down! Completely went off-track but I think it's okay (?)  Was going to write about Xiumin's daughter taking a sip of his americano and stuff but yeah... Will probably write one about it some other time or for another member Teehee~ ^^

Hope this meets your standard (?) Np plagiarism is allowed! Hehehe, Comments are much appreciated! 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote! Till the next member! PPYONGGG~