Beyond Broken

Soul and Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoochun didn’t know when he made it wrong. All he knew was that Jaejoong suddenly disappeared from his reach- and only his for over a week; without any known reasons. Maybe some would say that was just his speculation, but Yoochun wouldn’t be so sure about that. He has confirmed it too by asking Junsu whether the oldest contacted him these days or not, after all. And the answer wasn’t that surprising.

‘Yeah? Sure he still calls once awhile like he always did.’

Then when he thought things couldn’t get any worse, Jaejoong was, quoting Junsu, Missing in Action.

Yoochun should probably be rational and think it over because Junsu always meant an exaggeration. He should know that couldn’t be contacted in four hours straight wasn’t considered as missing. He couldn’t even file a missing-person report yet at the police station within that time. Besides, he knew it the best that Jaejoong wouldn’t be seriously missing; not when he was around, at least. But then he remembered that his existence was denied by Jaejoong somehow; which made him wasn’t around. And this was Jaejoong; his music, his melody, his harmony, his soul, his mate, and his everything. He thought that he deserved every right to be worried over the other guy.

After his call wasn’t answered for the umpteenth times, Yoochun finally grabbed his Rolls Royce key after some considerations; that Jaejoong would be pleased more if he was driving this babe instead of the other, and ran towards it that instant. Yoochun just had one place inside his mind right now, and he only hoped that his gut was right; that Jaejoong would be gone to their runaway.

To the Han River he went.

Yoochun sighed in relief as soon as he could see the familiar Rolls Royce parked at one of the sides. Figured that there was no other car around, he was then decided to park it right beside the others’. He jumped down from the car, thinking to contact Junsu to tell him that their hyung has been founded. But then probably Yoochun should do that later after finishing up whatever Jaejoong had against him. He definitely didn’t want Junsu’s call to interrupt their talk, after all- and Junsu would indeed call. As he found the beautiful figure leaning against the fence comfortably as he stared at the sky, Yoochun was smiling warmly over the sight.

Jaejoong seemed to notice someone’s presence, as he turned around to face Yoochun; not long after the younger has accidentally made a creaking sound with his footsteps. For a second, the older one seemed surprised to find Yoochun there; before managing to control his expression better. It seemed that Yoochun would need to play it nicely to open up the mask again.

“What is it?” challenged Jaejoong right away.

Yoochun blinked once before giving the older a smile. “It’s nothing. I’m just watching the beautiful scene in front of me; and specifically, you,” with his signature husky voice.

Apparently, Jaejoong wasn’t in the mood of teasing. He didn’t even smile after Yoochun has said such towards him; which was an anomaly, because Jaejoong always loved to be teased. All Jaejoong did was staring back at Yoochun with a sorrowful look, which Yoochun swore to make it bygone after the day has ended. Yoochun waited, and waited. But Jaejoong hasn’t opened his mouth again and turned to stare at the sky once more. Knowing this wasn’t going anywhere, Yoochun stepped forward to the older’s place. He leaned against the fence right beside Jaejoong, staring at the same sky as the latter was. No matter how much he hated the heavy atmosphere, he always knew better to not push it hard and fast. Jaejoong would talk in the end, but not forcefully.

“Junsu is worried,” said Yoochun, trying to open a light conversation with his soulmate.

Jaejoong snorted and rolled his eyes lazily. “He was worried when Leo scratched Bakira and even if it didn’t bleed at all,” said him in mocking tone.

“That’s a good reason to be worried,” replied Yoochun with a shrug; carelessly.

“Are you?” asked Jaejoong, moving his full attention to Yoochun.

“I shouldn’t,” answered Yoochun shortly.

“But I still did,” Yoochun quickly added as the shoulder was slumped miserably in front of him. “Even though I know how ridiculous it was to get worried over you; even though I know you would be fine, I still did, Soul. And that’s for a good reason too.”

“I don’t think it is,” murmured Jaejoong, averted his stare from Yoochun to the sky; again.

“Soul,” Yoochun called carefully, knowing that this was when he could get into the real matter. “I don’t like seeing you like this, you know? Care to tell me what’s wrong with-” he stopped reluctantly for a second, “me; with us?”

Jaejoong took a glance towards Yoochun for a second before looking at the sky- yet again. By this time, Yoochun was sure the older didn’t actually look at it. The sky was barely a distraction; no matter how beautiful it was. “You didn’t tell me,” he stated shakily. “Why is that?”

“What is this about?” asked Yoochun back as he honestly didn’t have any ideas what this was about.

Jaejoong showed an expression saying ‘really?’ for a second before sighing in defeat. “That you are going to get married with a woman,” he explained with a clear hurt there. “That you’re going to have your own future; without me pictured in there.”

Yoochun felt his soul was gone.

“I met your mother more than a week ago,” Jaejoong decided to continue; as Yoochun thought that everything started making a sense now. “She was very excited to tell me about her plan of marryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter