Chapter Ten

In The Other World (On Hiatus)

I immediately write this after I finished class today. I'm chanting 'I'm gonna make it' while looking at the time. But when it was near 00.00 am on Korea it turned into 'I'm not gonna make it' and Gah! I'm late.

Moreover my laptop decided it was the right time to betray me. It stopped on me, fortunately I already saved this thing. And now it still didn't move, I'm going mad ugh!

So I post this with my phone that also old, so I'm sorry if there's some mistake (there's must be ).

I missed Yoongi birthday T_T but I still post this so I'm glad. See you when my laptop work normally again.

Bye, Yazaki!^

P.S. This is not proofread-ed 

----

 

He tried to release his power the next day but he didn’t know what he can do with the power. What he learned from the past weeks is he could stop time, made clouds or rain, controlling the winds (that happened a few times), made himself stronger (like have a super power), maybe controlling the plants (he wasn’t sure). He also thought that there’s a big possibility that he released the power when he thought about it hard and wanted it sincerely. 

He didn’t want to try something that draw his family attention or make a mess, moreover his parents will be back this afternoon. So when he decided to take a bath not a shower in the morning, he thought it’s the perfect time to try. He wanted to maybe move the water or something but nothing happened, he sunk his body on the water and sulked a bit. Wanted to cheer himself up he looked at the shelf of the soap and the bath bomb is nowhere to found. He sighed and slumped down until his chin on the water, he wanted to enjoy bubble bath really bad.

A warm feeling travelled from his toe through his body and bubbles started to form on the water, he stared open mouthed at the forming bubbles. He scooped some of them and felt the soft of it, he blow on them and it fall on the water again. Staring in amazement he smiled happily and bring his hands up the warm feeling still there, he touched the water that didn’t have bubbles and magically bubbles appeared. He happily dipped his head on the water, raised his head after smoothing his hair back he played with the bubbles he made. He didn’t know he can do something like this, just simple things like this.

He finished after fifteen minutes, changed his clothes to a loose one and greeting Hakyeon-hyung who’s already made breakfast. They ate breakfast when Jihoon and Taekwoon-hyung walked in there, Hakyeon-hyung asked why he’s so happy. He just laughed and told the older he will talk about it later, he wanted to tell his mother first. He spent the time on his room after doing his part of work, he received a call from his father telling him that his grandmother will visit them. The older woman is coming with his parent, apparently his parent visited his grandmother after finishing their business at Changwon. 

He was laying on the bed, the curtain fluttered with the winds that blew through the opened window. He couldn’t wait to see his grandmother, the woman is kind and liked to spoil him and Jihoon. He wanted to surprise her with something but with the summer heat he really didn’t want to go out. He thought about what his grandmother liked the best, oh she liked flower that’s why their house had a garden she’s the one who suggested to make it. But the flower shop is far away from here and Taekwoon-hyung is going out to his work place to take something important thing so he couldn’t go with the car.

Closing his eyes he sighed and just stayed silent for a while then an idea popped in his mind. Maybe just maybe he could make the flower with his power, he knew that he can control plants but he isn’t sure he could make them. Well it’s worth a try so he sat up and concentrating on the thought of flower, his grandmother favorite flower appeared on his mind. He felt his body light and the warm feeling filled his body the feeling he always got when releasing his power. He opened his eyes slowly the curtain is fluttering haphazardly because strong wind that blowing, but he didn’t mind it his attention was on the other thing.

A bouquet of flower materialized on the air he stretched his hands up to take it, the bouquet slowly fall into his hands. When it finally landed on his hands the blowing wind stopped and the warm feeling leave his body. He stared at the beautiful bouquet nearing his head to the flower, it smell fresh and sweet like he remembered back then with his grandmother. His face lightens up, a bright smile formed and his heart soared. He felt really happy and thankful, he said under his breath ‘Thank you’ with closed eyes.
“Anything for you master…” A feminine voice answered.

He looked up but saw nothing, he looked around trying to find where the sound come from. He didn’t find anything and didn’t hear the voice anymore, he then remembered that he sometimes hear the voice. The voice always called him Master, he didn’t recognize all of them, for this time it’s different from the other voice. Smiling to himself thinking that he made new friends, he always feels that all of them adore him from how the tone and sound from them always made him calm.

Just when he wanted to put the flower so it will be just beautiful like this, the sound of Jihoon shouting that their parent is back made him smile and walking to the front door with the bouquet in hands. Jihoon is pulling gently their grandmother hands walking through the door, he could hear his parent and Hakyeon-hyung outside. When Jihoon looked up at him he beamed at him.

“Jiminie-hyung look grandma’s here.” Jihoon excited voice made the older woman laugh.

“Hi, grandma.” He said with a smile.

“Oh, Jiminie! You’re growing so much.” She touched his face while smiling. She then noticed the bouquet, “Oh my, isn’t this my favorite flower?” she asked.

“Yup it is. I got it for you.” He said giving the bouquet to her.

“How beautiful….Thank you Jiminie.” His grandmother smiled then smelled the flower.“It also smell nice and fresh.” She remarked.

He smiled shyly then saw his parent entered the house with Hakyeon-hyung, immediately he took the bag that his mother carried. Smiling and greeted her and his father he put the bag to his parents room. Grandmother already seated on the couch still holding the bouquet with Jihoon on the floor near her feet, his mother walked from the kitchen took a seat beside the older woman.

“Oh it’s a beautiful bouquet, mom. Also it’s your favorite.” Her mother stated.

“Yes, indeed. Jiminie’s give it to me.” Her grandma said while gestured him to come there. He slowly sat beside her and gave her his best smile to show how happy he is. She patted his head with a chuckle and her attention changed to Jihoon who’s leaning his head on her lap.

He felt his mother gaze at him and turned his head to look at her, her brow raised with questioning look. Just when he wanted to tell her the front door opened and Taekwoon-hyung walk in. Taekwoon-hyung greeted them then gave his grandmother hug, Hakyeon-hyung who finished making tea joined them. After some talk with his grandmother and his mother Taekwoon-hyung excused himself and Hakyeon-hyung saying that he still had some work to do and Hakyeon had a meeting with parents of his student.

His grandmother settled on the couch with Jihoon when his mother motioned him to follow her onto their small garden. They sat beside each other and he suddenly remembered the time when they talked about the beginning of this problem. He smiled a little and started talking while still looking straight ahead.

“Actually there isn’t so many incident or problem again, when you went with dad that day and the next there’s nothing happened. I feel better and you already know that I didn’t feel exhausted again.” He stopped and he could see from the corner of his vision that his mother nodded her head slighty.

“Then I started thinking maybe I should find the way to release this power, but I know nothing about this. I came to conclusion that maybe the feeling I got every times this happen had some connection.” He turned his head when his mother moved slightly.
“Something must be happening yesterday that you got that conclusion, I guess.” She said while smiling.

“Yeah, mom you always know. You and Hakyeon-hyung is the same.” He smiled back and his word seemed to make the older woman happy because she laughed a little. 

He continued when she gestured him to, he told her how he was thinking about the rain, the feeling he got just before he found the sky is full with cloud and it rained for a while. He talked about his attempt to release the power when he figured the way then succeeded and the flower he got for his grandmother is the outcome of his power. His mother seemed to found it a bit amusing because she laughed a bit when he said he can make bubble with his power.

“I’m sorry, Jiminie. It just it was really a little thing but I think it’s great. Your power is just like you, it’s beautiful.” She said after he whined that she’s making fun of him.
He smiled thankful for her comfort and praise, she smiled back and reached her hand to touch his face. She caressed his cheeks he leaned on her soft touch while still smiling, her hand moved to his head and she brushed the hair on his forehead.

“Well why don’t I help you practice with your power from now on, hm?” she asked, he opened his eyes and nodded slowly. “And I really want to know what else you can do with it.” She added and then had a thoughtful look on her face.

He waited for her to say what she was thinking, when she looked at him seriously he blinked a bit taken aback. “Maybe you can make my flower grow beautifully.”

He stared for three seconds but saw her lips tugged up a little he whined, “Mom!”. But then he thought he maybe can do that. His stillness draw his mother attention, she called his name and he just tilted his head. “Maybe I can do that.”

Now it was his mother turn to stare at him, they stared for a few seconds longer and then burst out laughing after.

-

Like his mother said before she helped him practice to release his power, he found out he can make fire after they had a barbeque party. His mother suggested that he try to make fire with his power not with the lighter, and after a lot of concentrating he succeeded to light the fire. Then she made him watered her flower with his power, he actually can make the flower grow after her persistent request. His grandmother found out about his power when he was watching some program about animals, his grandmother is in her room while his parent and brother went out. The program showing and explaining about birds, he saw how the birds flying through the sky. He thought it must be great being a birds, to feel the wind, feel light and free seeing the view from above. He got a crazy idea that maybe he can fly or maybe floating in the air with his power, but he deemed that it worth to try.

He closed his eyes concentrating on the thought of floating in the air, body light like a feather. He hear a giggle and ‘Okay, master.’ with a girlish voice , then he felt his body really relaxed and something soft a bit elastic beneath him. He opened his eyes and he really floated in the air he gasped loudly. Because he made a sudden movement he lose his balance and falling forward but instead the floor he landed on something soft but he was still floating. He feels around beneath himself and found he kind of laying on something like a pillow but it’s transparent.

He realized that he had released his power, he squealed with delight and turned his body so he looked at the ceiling. His legs dangling because the pillow just until his , he sighed with a happy grin and floated a bit higher. He was so content and happy that he didn’t hear the sound of closing door, he whipped his head when he heard his grandmother surprised gasp. The older woman standing there in shock, her eyes wide and one hand on her chest, he scrambled to sat up and floated down. He simmered down the power, he can do that with her mother help now and the pillow gone when he released her breath.

He plopped down on the couch, smiling sheepishly at the older woman, “Grandma, I can explain.” He said tentatively,

“Oh my god, I don’t know I will be seeing that in this age.” She said with a dazing look on her face.

He tilted his head in confusion and she smiled at him then seated herself beside him, she then began to ask why he can do it. He explained it to her and unexpectedly she seemed to be interested at his power that made him relieved. The next day she was eager to see my other power, wanted to make her happy he granted her wish and spend the time showing the older woman what he can do.

When his grandma went back to their home at Changwon she hugged him and gave him some encouragement regarding his power. He thanked her and hugged back with a smile and tear gathering on his eyes. After saying their goodbye to the older woman, his family went home they stopped on the near supermarket on the way he and Jihoon get down to buy some snack and ice cream. He met Rin and Ryou when he getting the snack while Jihoon get the ice cream, the couple were buying some snack too.

“How was your holiday, Jimin-chan?” Rin asked while Ryou is staring at the stack of many flavor of potato chips.

“Great, how about you two? You not going to travel or maybe back to Japan?” he asked with a smile.

“Nothing special happened, just at home and no we don’t go back to Japan.” She turned to Ryou and the other already looking at her, they somehow exchanged a look and Rin turned back to him. “We actually wanted to go to Busan, my mother house is near the beach.”

“Really? Must be great, in this hot weather the beach is a good way to relieve the heat.” He said while smiling brightly at her.

“Yeah, so we wanted to invite you, Hyuk and Hyerin-chan maybe Hakyeon-oppa with the other if they can.” She said while Ryou nodded behind her.

“Oh…I’m happy that you wanted to invite me – invite us, but don’t you want to spend it with your family maybe?” he asked while his hand gesturing a bit weirdly the sign that he’s flustered.

“Well our family actually still in Japan, we don’t want to spend the time there just ourself.” She smiled encouragingly.

“Then I will ask my parent, I will also ask Hakyeon-hyung and the other. Just ask Hyerin and Hyuk with text or call her. I’m sure she will agree and Hyuk will follow her.” He said with a nod.

“Hyung?”

He turned back Jihoon standing there with two tub ice cream, he glanced at Rin and Ryou behind him. “Jihoon-ah…” he stepped to his right and he introduced his brother to the couple, they smiled while Jihoon bowed slightly.

“Well, why doesn’t your brother come with you if you can go?” Rin asked while looking at him and Jihoon.

“Yeah, let me ask my parents. I’ll text you later then.” he said smiling and excused himself grabbing the ice cream on Jihoon hands putting it on his basket.

They walked to the cashier Jihoon asked what Rin talked about before, he explained to the younger. Jihoon got excited about it so he rushed him when they already paid, the younger already talked to their parents when they got in the car. His mother shoots him a confused look, he explained to her about it his father already driving again continued their way to home. His father just stated that he didn’t mind and passed the decision to his mother, the woman pretending to think when Jihoon begged her but he know that she already agreed.

He texted Rin when he got home already seated with Jihoon beside him one tub of ice cream between them and Runningman was playing on the TV screen. After sending the affirmative about the plan he put the device down on his lap and continuing lapping on the spoon full of choco-vanilla ice cream. Jihoon was laughing making him look up and then burst out laughing too, watching Runningman usually make him laugh because they always made a ridiculous joke and funny movement. He received the reply minutes later that said Hyerin also agreed with Hyuk, also the date when they will go. Seeing the text he remembered that he supposed to ask the hyung about the trip. 

He opened his chat with Hakyeon-hyung typed a greeting and asked is the other had a free time. Replied by a greeting back and an okay he dialed the other right away.
“Hakyeon-hyung!” he said with a smile and got a cheerful greeting back. “Hyung what do you say about some trip to Busan?” he jumped to the point didn’t want to take time, he can talk to the older after asking anyway.

“Busan? Sounds great are we going to see the beach?” the older ask and he could hear and imagine an excited grin on the other face.

“Yeah, we’re going to the beach. Actually we will stay there about three or four days at least.” He answered.

“Wow, when will this trip started? Are you visiting some of your relative? but I recall you didn’t have any at Busan though.” Hakyeon-hyung tone is curious.

“Actually the trip is Rin Idea, she and his boyfriend visiting her mother place when apparently their family is still at Japan. So they invited us, also” He finished and found the other side is silent for a while.

“Oh, how sweet of her I really want to go, also Taekwoon’s here.” And he hear a grunt that must be Taekwoon, “You didn’t answer my other question, when?”Hakyeon-hyung said after giggling from the way Taekwoon greet him.

“Oh yeah, three days from today.” He said also chuckling, he heard Hakyeon-hyung asking Taekwoon is the other free that time and some rustling then a groan with a ‘yeah’.

“We will go, tell Rin that we’re really happy and grateful for the offer.” Hakyeon-hyung said happiness clear by his voice.

“Nearly forgot to tell, can you ask the other hyung as well Hakyeon-hyung?” he said while resuming to eat the ice cream that he noticed was melting a little and the amount decreased.

“Okay, I’ll tell you right away if they agree or not-” The older sentence got cut, a yelp and the sound of rustling, “I wanna talk with you more but this-” there’s more rustling and a huff, “grumpy cat is demanding my attention, so we will talk other time Jiminie.” The other finished and a muffled ‘I’m not a cat.’ By Taekwoon-hyung was heard after.
He giggled saying it’s okay and ended the call, he focused his attention back to the ice cream because Jihoon already eat most of them. 

“Who’s that? Hakyeon-hyung?” Jihoon asked still watching TV.

He hummed and finished the last bit of the ice cream with pleased sound, “Yah, you eat most of them.” He said to Jihoon while gesturing to the tub.

Jihoon shrugged then grinned to himself, “It’s hyung fault too immersed on your call.” The younger said cheekily.

He burrowed his brow then pinched Jihoon side, just a little pressure making the younger squirm away and hiss. He huffed but then turned his attention to the TV as well, “Hakyeon-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung will go with us to the trip. Maybe the other hyung will come.” He said.

Jihoon cheered and began to excitedly talk about how he will swim on the beach and eating watermelon and shaved ice cream. He cut the rambling and told the younger to pack his clothes with important or needed things, the trip will take three days later and he didn’t want Jihoon to pack the day before the trip because the younger will absolutely mess it up. He even helped the younger the next day when he checked if Jihoon already packed, his mom also reminded him to pack himself and tell him what he needed. 

They all gathered on the train station, his parent seeing them off while Hyuk and Hyerin came with Hakyeon, Taekwoon and Jaehwan-hyung. Yesterday Hakyeon-hyung called him telling him that Jaehwan agreed but Hongbin already went to States with his family and Wonshik have a busy schedule at work. He then told Rin about it, she’s glad that they can make it and didn’t mind the other that can’t. He and Jihoon parted with their parents followed by the Hyung and the rest of his friend, they get in the train searching their seat. After seated himself beside her brother, he glanced around noticed that they get separated just Taekwoon and Hakyeon a few seat behind them.

After the announcement that the will depart soon, Hakyeon-hyung seemed to create a chat group for them. The older asked if they all seated, Hyuk is the first to reply saying that he’s with first then a smiling one next, Jihoon replied asking what’s wrong with the older. Apparently Jaehwan-hyung at first didn’t find his seat but helped by Rin and Ryou who seated across him. He laughed seeing how Hakyeon-hyung teasing the other, and Rin who taking Jaehwan-hyung side. The conversation died when it’s already thirty minutes after the departure, Jihoon’s already blinking sleepily and he smiled slightly patted the younger head telling him to sleep.

He enjoying the view admiring the beautiful nature outside, it was a bit hot but the wind that blow through the train window soothing it a little. Nonetheless Jihoon squirmed from his nap opening his eyes and whining feeling too hot, he soothes the younger by fanning the younger with some pamphlet from the train seat. He kept fanning Jihoon even after the younger fall asleep again, he turned his attention to the seat across from them. A young couple maybe around his age seated together hand interlaced on their lap whiles the girl other hand fanning both of them. They exchanged a smile and rested their head on the seat after the boy gave a kiss on the girl forehead.

He smiled happily but a longing feeling hit him so suddenly, being focused on the weird accident, the power and all he almost forget. 

Yoongi

The man who he wanted to met from so long, they may be met in the other world but he wanted to meet him now. He didn’t know what happened to the man the last he met Yoongi was when the other with the girl, they are together and already had a son. It broke his heart really, knowing that because he thought Yoongi is always with him – his soulmate after all on his dream his life always with Yoongi. He still didn’t know what waiting for him in the future, will he met Yoongi or they will never met and it still confuse him the matter with this power.

He looked back outside the building moving past with a blur, he closed his eyes for a minute or two calming his sense the raging loneliness and bubbled up feeling. He will deal with this later because it was no use dwelling on that matter because there’s so many vague things. He must deal with this matter first, he already figured something so there’s some progression. He opened his eyes to the vibration of his phone, he pulled out the device from his jeans pocket. Hakyeon-hyung reminding them it’s near their destination and whoever fall asleep it’s better to wake up soon. He turned to Jihoon who’s still asleep so he decided to let the younger sleep for a few minutes.

 

When the train stopped on the station he gathered his belongings with Jihoon’s that still drowsy, he lead them to the exit with Hakyeon and Taekwoon-hyung behind them. They decide to met near the vending machine, there’s a bench so they put the bags on the floor Jihoon flopped down with Hakyeon-hyung. He eyed the vending machine asking the other if they want some cool drinks, he buy them after receiving a nod from Hakyeon and Taekwoon-hyung then a cheer from Jihoon. Hyerin and Hyuk show up a minute after followed with the rest of them.

They take the bus after everyone got their drinks, just seven minutes drive and they arrived at the place. It actually looks like a mansion than a house, Rin just smiled at them when Hyuk mentioned it. When they got inside the interior is classic and beautiful, it actually very clean despite what Rin told them (it was empty for a year). Rin and Ryou showed them the whole house, there’s four rooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen with dining area and large living room. He share the second biggest room with his brother, Hakyeon and Taekwoon-hyung, Hyuk Hyerin and Jaehwan-hyung share the other room while Rin on her own room with Ryou.

They decided to just staying there for a few hours, resting from their long travel. Jihoon actually protested but got shoot down by Taekwoon-hyung, the younger obediently got back to the room when Taekwoon-hyung said to rest. He, Jaehwan and Hakyeon-hyung decided to help Rin make lunch for them all. Hyerin got motion sickness so she’s in bed with Hyuk taking care of her.

He really happy to spend time with his brother and friends like this but whenever he tried to bury the nagging bad feeling deep down it still come back. When they entered the house he was hit with a really bad feeling that he almost shudder, there’s a bugging on his mind that there’s something here. So he tried to ignore it didn’t want to crush the excited and happy trip, busying with cooking, enjoying the lunch together and relaxing his body on the bath after.


But the bad feeling still lingering on the back of his mind. 

 

----

Oh! I just notice that this story views already passed 1000 and nearly 2000. THANK YOU I never expected my story will be seen by many people, and I REALLY THANKFUL for you who subscribe and vote this story.

Love you~