Chapter Nine

In The Other World (On Hiatus)

I'm back!!! How are you guys, I hope you all doing great :)

I write this chapter in the begining of February but it got too long that I decided to cut it into two part. So this is part one, still in Jimin POV and it kind of a filler chapter. But don't worry we will be nearing the interesting part.

I hope you don't feel bored with the slow progress, but if you do I still go with my pace though.....haha....

And I plan to post part 2 on Yoongi's birthday (If I can make it), well that's all.... see you soon

Happy reading and have a good day, bye~
Yazaki<3

 

----

 

Two weeks already passed since the hang out, since the weird incident that involving time to stop. In that two weeks many weird things like that happened, sometimes it was dangerous like before and sometimes it just a little problem but he didn’t want to make people sad or in danger. That was the reason he always prayed that he can made the sadness and danger go away. It always happened at random times and he felt a surging warm feeling through his body. He already thought throughout all of them and came to a conclusion that this is his power that the girl told him before. He didn’t know how to release it yet, but he knows that it is definitely there in him. It appeared with the murmuring that he only heard before the power filled his body whenever the weird things happened. The murmuring he heard before at his dream has same voices at the accident on that day when the time stopped. The voice always call him ‘Master’ with a warm and loving feel that made his heart flutter and his bad mood gone.

He learned that his sense become sharper and realized that whenever the weird things happened there’s also a strong presence of something near. But after the power released and the problem solved that presence also gone followed by his power decreased. Then his body will feel so much heavier, he felt really tired and sleepy. Especially when it happened at school, he couldn’t endure the sleepiness at class and one the second week was exam. He didn’t want his friend to worry about him too much, giving that they already get something to be worried about - exam. He would put a cheerful front and told them he’s alright, he didn’t tell them about his power yet because he himself didn’t sure about it either. He told his mother though, she always supported him and when he came back home she always made him a cup of hot chocolate or chocolate milkshake that always made him calm and happy.

He also told Hakyeon-hyung, in fact the older is the one who forced him to talk about it. That day when he stayed at the older apartment, his body felt really tired and he still sleepy after sleeping for ten hours straight. The older fussing about it and lectured him to take a good care about health, and because Hakyeon-hyung had break on work because it’s exam weeks the older visiting his home often. Hakyeon-hyung become worried because he seems more tired than usual after school, when his mother had other plan with her friend or something Hakyeon-hyung is the one taking care of him. The mother behavior of the older didn’t change instead it intensified than before, and he always adored and liked that side of the older.

He’s glad he had Hakyeon-hyung who’s kind and always listening to his problem, because despite the front he showed everyone he actually had a hard time. He couldn’t grasp the concept of all the things happened on his life, he couldn’t tell exactly what is happening and what is the feeling he got when the power released. But Hakyeon-hyung listened with patience, coaxing him to tell when he couldn’t get the word out. The older always gave encouraging words, telling him in the end everything will clear up and he will understand. Sometimes when he didn’t feel tired he will dance his worries away with Hakyeon-hyung, dance always makes him happy especially with the older.

He really proud of himself because he can endure all of that and studying for exam, the exam already finished today. That means they will have a break, holiday actually and it’s summer so it will be a bit longer. The other students already talking about beach or swimming pool, it would be nice if he can go to beach with his family. Maybe if he goes to vacation on different place than his home the weird incident will also stop. His thought was disturbed by Hyuk who launched on his body, he wriggled to break free and faced the other with wrinkled nose.

“Hyuk, don’t cling on me. It’s hot enough, and I don’t want to get your sweat on me.” He said while putting his both hands on his hips.

Hyuk squinted his eyes on him and said with accused tone, “You nagged and sassed like Hakyeon-hyung. You’ve been hanging out with hyung too much, you almost become like him.”

He stared at his friend with unbelievable eyes but then he smiled, definitely not a sincere smile. “I’m going to tell hyung what you said just now, and I’m happy to spend my time with hyung. I’m respected him not like you, you disrespectful dongsaeng.” He said while shaking his head a little.

“Yah!” Hyuk irritated face melt when he saw Hyerin approaching them. “Hyerin~ Jimin’s being sassy with me~” Hyuk said while hugging the said girl.

“So?” answered the girl while facing his boyfriend.

“Huh? Not you too….” Hyuk letting go Hyerin from the embrace then looked around for another person that will take his side. Rin who’s standing a few step back from Hyerin looked at Hyuk confusedly when the boy approached her. “Rin-chan, save me from this two evil people!” Hyuk said while pouting and clinging to the small girl arm.

Rin laughed making the boy swaying their linked arm, “Don’t laugh… you should be on my side.”

Hyerin and him laughed with Rin seeing Hyuk who’s pouting more, he looked up slightly after a few calming breath and saw Ryou standing at the class entrance. Ryou face is blank like always but his eyes revealed the true emotion, he can see the burning jealousy there and something else that he himself knows too well – insecure.

“Hyuk-ah, I think you should let go of Rin-chan.” He said while looking at Ryou who started to approach them.

“Why?” Hyuk said still didn’t notice the gloom aura behind him and Rin.

He tried to let Hyuk know about Ryou by averting his eyes between Hyuk and behind him but Hyuk just stared at him confusedly. He sighed internally because now Ryou already standing behind Rin and grasped Rin other free hand.

“Rin…” Ryou voice is low and he stared at the boy with a curious eyes.

The said girl turned her head back clearly surprised, the same with Hyuk who also turned to look at the other. Hyerin also didn’t notice stared at Ryou who looked down, he really want to see the boy expression because Ryou definitely jealous.

“Oh, Ryou…you surprised me.” Rin said with a smile after.

He looked with rapt attention when Ryou turned his head to stare at where Hyuk still clinging to Rin other hand and squeezed then interlaced his hands with Rin. Rin who’s confused with his boyfriend act just tilted her head.

“Ryou! You really surprised me too, suddenly appearing.” Hyuk said then grinned, “Maybe you’re a ninja.”

Hyerin giggled at her boyfriend remark but Ryou didn’t flinch just looked at Hyuk with his blank face. He saw Ryou tugged Rin to his side and glared at Rin other hand that still Hyuk grasp. He smiled amusedly seeing the scene, Hyuk still didn’t notice Ryou jealousy and he decided to spare Hyuk because Ryou really glared hard like he wanted to kill with them.

“Hyuk, let go of Rin-chan.” He tugged at Hyuk and the boy looked confused then realizing that his hand grasping Rin’s hand.

“Oh.” Realization filling Hyuk eyes and he looked at Ryou with a sheepish smile. “Sorry, Rin-chan.” Hyuk said facing the girl.

Rin just shook her head, but Ryou is still glaring at Hyuk. Hyuk who received the glare smiled, “Hey, I didn’t have the intention to take Rin-chan. I have Hyerin, see.” Hyuk circling his hands on Hyerin shoulder.

Rin looked up at his boyfriend and seeing that Ryou still had his glare on she extended her arms and patted Ryou head. The gesture made Ryou look down on her and received a fond loving smile from Rin. He felt his heart warm seeing how loving the couple is, and the next second his eyes widen because Ryou pulled Rin and leaned down to kiss her on the lips. He heard Hyerin gasp then two seconds later he heard sounds of camera flashing, Hyerin must be took a photo. Hyuk whistled when the couple didn’t broke the kiss after awhile, then a red faced Rin pushed Ryou away.

“Wow, didn’t expect that you’re the type to do that in front of us.” Hyuk grinned.

Rin was flustered with her bright red face but Ryou just had his poker face but he can see the contented and happiness on his eyes. He laughed and teased the small girl with Hyerin who showed them the picture she took just now. After calming down they walked back home together, saying goodbyes and promised to hang out sometimes if they have nothing to do. When he got back home he met the sight of Jihoon and Taekwoon-hyung playing games on the living room. He greeted the two and walked to his room put his bag and fall on his back at the bed. He sighed and turned to his side, his window already opened letting the blow of wind in. After awhile he sat up and changed his clothes with something more comfortable, he walked to the kitchen to drink something cold. He didn’t see his mother anywhere and decided to ask the two that still playing the game just when he opened his mouth to ask the front door opened and Hakyeon-hyung walk in.

“Oh, Jimin you’re already back.” Hakyeon-hyung said while walking to the kitchen with two plastic bags.

He followed the older to ask instead of the two that concentrating on their game, Hakyeon-hyung sorting out the things he bought on the counter.

“Hyung, where’s mom?” he asked.

“Hm…” the older looked up then paying attention to what he’s doing before, “She had something to take care of with your father on Changwon. So they’ll be back three days from now, she asked me to take care of you two while they gone.” The older finished while took the food he bought on the fridge.

He hummed and saw a glimpse of ice cream on the plastic bag, “ Hyung, did you buy ice cream?” he asked.

“Yeah, I know you wanted it. Jihoon will also complain if there’s no ice cream in this kind of season.” Hakyeon said while opening the bag and put one tube of ice cream on the counter, putting the other tube on the fridge.

“Thanks, hyung!” he beamed and took two spoons and the ice cream.

“Let’s see how that two doing, they’ve been at it since Jihoon got back.” Hakyeon said and walked to the living room.

They still playing with the game seriously but Jihoon seeing him with ice cream, shouted.

“Yay! Ice cream! I want it, give it to me hyung!” Jihoon said still playing his game, Taekwoon-hyung also turned his attention to them.

“Okay, okay.” He said with a fond smile.

He sat beside Jihoon and opened the tube scooping some of the ice cream and placing it in front of Jihoon. The younger opened his mouth and eat it while his eyes still on the game, he just laughed a little at the younger manner. Hakyeon-hyung sat beside him and took the other spoon and ate the ice cream too. He spend the time eating the ice cream and also giving his brother, after Taekwoon-hyung losing and Jihoon cheerfully claimed his win the two stopped playing and ate the ice cream that Taekwoon-hyung got from the fridge. The then talked about the game and stuff, while him and Hakyeon-hyung still staying silent.

“Jimin-ah, something happened at school?” Hakyeon-hyung suddenly asked.

He tilted his head confused while the spoon still in his mouth, then he know that Hakyeon-hyung mean is about his power. He put the spoon on the tube and thought for a second and realized that nothing happened. “Ehm, nothing happened yet.” He said.

“I thought so, because you seem normal and energetic not like the last I see you got back home while trying to not fall asleep.” Hakyen-hyung smiled.

“Yeah, also hyung I think I didn’t feel the exhausted or tiredness like before these days.” He told while remembering that for three days before he didn’t feel sleepy at all just a bit tired.

“Really? For how many days?” Hakyeon-hyung said after eating the ice cream.

“Three.” He scooped some ice cream with chocolate chips and enjoying the coolness when he eat them.

“Hm, maybe because you already accustomed with releasing your power that you didn’t feel them.” Hakyeon-hyung got a point actually.

He released his power for nearly every day and not just once every day but sometimes twice or thrice. He nodded at the older statement and continuing his eating, and thought that Hakyeon-hyung always giving a plausibly response about these things. The older even didn’t sound shocked when hearing his story, he thought the older would react surprised or something like that. His curiosity got the best of him and he asked the older.

“Hyung, when I told you that I have power why you didn’t surprised?” he asked while looking at the older who looking at his phone with spoon in his other hand.

“Huh? Why are you asking that?” Hakyeon-hyung said while looking at him questioningly.

“It’s just, you always gave me a plausible answer and I thought that maybe you know something about this.” he said while looking at the older with curious eyes.

The older stared at him with an unreadable expression and then smiled the smile that Hyuk named Hakyeon-hyung evil smile. “Of course I know, I know many things no scratch that I know everything!” the older said with a smug tone.

He blinked and stared at his hyung who just laughed at his dumbfounded expression. He then realized that the older .

“Hyung, I’m serious!” he pouted and shoved a big scoop of ice cream on his mouth.

“Alright, sorry you just so cute and easy to tease.” Hakyeon-hyung said while ruffled his hair, then smiled at him lovingly. “Of course I had to react calm and collected, I’m the mature one and I need to make you feel comfortable and I want you to depend on me.”

He feel really loved and happy that he had someone who always care about him, he felt thankful and somehow he felt even better and promised himself to protect Hakyeon-hyung and his family, his loved one. He smiled his brightest, sincere smile and said ‘Thank you’ with the happiness radiating through his body. Hakyeon-hyung smiled with the same brightness and they spend the rest of the day playing and talking about anything and everything, that day he sleep peacefully with nothing disturbing on his mind just a blissful sleep that he didn’t have these days.

 

-

 

The next day he woke up with a great feeling and decided to clean his room and the rest of the house with Hakyeon-hyung, Taekwoon-hyung and Jihoon also helping but mostly they cleaned the garden and playing with the water outside. They eaten dinner in the living room after Jihoon begging Hakyeon-hyung who didn’t want to make a mess there but eventually agreeing because Jihoon is acting cute and all. When he already in bed the room just illuminated by the small lamp at his desk, he still awake enjoying the silent night. He realized that today he didn’t release his power or nothing weird happened, the same with yesterday. He was wondering why suddenly stopped but also a bit relieved that he didn’t have to worry his mother or Hakyeon-hyung or the rest of his family and friends.

But then shouldn’t he practice how to use his power or release it on his own accord, until now his power always used when there’s the weird accident or problem happened. He actually didn’t know how to release it, it just there whenever the things happened. What he knew was every time that happened he will hear that voice, the voice actually. It wasn’t just one voice it were different every time he released his power. It didn’t scare him it was the opposite, he always feel relieved and calm when hearing them. Some of them sound kind and delicate, some of them sound childish and cheerful and there’s some sound fierce and reliable. Thinking about it he really wanted to talk to them, whoever they are. He smiled and thought that maybe sometime in the future he will have the chance to do so. He covered himself with the blanket and closed his eyes, drifting to the pit of his consciousness.

 

 

He woke up with sweat dripped through his forehead, his shirt sticking to his body and the blanket already thrown haphazardly to the side of the bed. He sat up and saw that it still early but the air is so hot he lazily got up and walked to the bathroom while fanning his face. He splashed the water on his face and then stripped his clothes, washing the sweat from his body and enjoying the cool water. He finished with a relieved sigh and startled when he found Taekwoon-hyung leaning on the wall beside the bathroom door.

“Oh Hyung, you surprised me.” He said while his hand on his chest.

The other just smiled apologetically after opening his eyes sleepily then walked in to the bathroom. He continued his walk back to his room, wearing a loose tank top and shorts. He opened his window and saw the sun already appearing, today the weather going to be hotter than yesterday. He walked down to the kitchen seeing that Hakyeon-hyung is not there yet, the older must be tired form yesterday working. Thinking that he must lessen the older work he started to make breakfast for all of them, faintly he heard the sound of water pouring.

It’s rare for Takewoon-hyung to have a bath in the morning the older usually just showered, it’s Hakyeon-hyung who liked to do that. Just when he decided to stop the water because it’s been five minutes he saw Takewoon-hyung walked through the hall way to the bathroom. He stopped in his track because Taekwoon-hyung was carrying Hakyeon-hyung bridal style. The older one of them had his arm looped around the other neck and his face buried onto the space there. He stay rooted on his place and after a solid minutes he walked back and continued making breakfast while an amused smile with a light blush adoring his face.

He heard footsteps in the middle of stirring the scrambled eggs, but didn’t turn his head to look when the footsteps stopped near the kitchen. He giggled to himself when he heard hurried footsteps after, continuing his work while humming his favorite song. He finished making the breakfast with a huff because it was a little hot and he’s sweating a little. After washing his hands he walked to Jihoon’s room, the younger boy still fast asleep with his hair damp with sweat and his shirt discarded at the floor with his blanket. He wiped the sweat on his brother face with the shirt and patted the other cheeks while calling his name.

Jihoon woke up with a grunt and whined about how hot the air is, he told the younger to take a shower that the other complied right away. He tidied Jihoon bed then walked to the living room opening the door that leading to the garden, he looked up to the bright sun with his hand raised to block his eyes. The heat made him drew back, the sky is clear of the cloud just the sun adoring the blue sky. He turned to look back when heard the sound of door opening, Hakyeon-hyung walked out of the room or maybe slight limping to the kitchen.

“Morning, hyung.” He greeted with a smile then walked to the other.

Hakyeon-hyung flinched and looked at him with a surprised eyes, then calmed down seeing him. “Moning, Jimin.” The older smiled and they walked to the table.

Hakyeon-hyung eyed the food he prepared and sat down with a wince. He smiled smugly and casually sat beside the older.

“Looks like someone is having fun last night, right hyung?” he asked with an innocent smile.

Hakyeon-hyung gaped at him with red painting his cheeks, “Wh-what?” the older said flustered.

He laughed seeing the older expression, and stared with a smile while rested his cheeks on his hand at the table. “Don’t worry hyung, I didn’t hear any sound and don’t want to. I just figured that after seeing you limping and Taekwoon-hyung helped you to bath.”

The older opened and closed his mouth trying to form a response, after seeing how calm he is Hakyeon-hyung cleared his throat. “Sorry that you had to make this all yourself, I’m supposed to take care of you and Jihoon.” Hakyeon-hyung said while gestured to the food.

“It’s nothing hyung, and I’m old enough to do this myself. You and Taekwoon-hyung need some alone time because you’ve been with us for two days anyway.” He said with a pout first and then a cheeky smile at the end.

“Yah! How are you saying all of this easily, did you already do that kind of thing already? With who?” the older accused with a furrowed brow.

“What?! No, of course not you know I didn’t have girlfriend or boyfriend. And I’m already old enough to know things like that.” He answered with a slightly high pitched voice then he continued with playful tone, “Shouldn’t you pass the blushing stage when talking about this topic hyung?”

“W-well…” the older started blushing again.

“I didn’t know you’re the type to still embarrassed about it hyung.” He said with sincere but a bit playful tone.

Hakyeon-hyung huffed and muttered under his breath ‘yeah I am’ with his face still red. He wanted to tease the other again when Jihoon entered the kitchen while greeting them, he greeted back and Hakyeon-hyung doing the same. They ate the food when finally Taekwoon-hyung joined them, with him wiggled his eyes at Hakyen-hyung that received a jab on his side. After that Hakyeon-hyung divided the work for us, the older doing laundry Taekwoon-hyung washing the used untensil from breakfast, Jihoon will help Hakyeon-hyung with the laundry and him cleaning the house.

He pouted when he realized that his portion is the most energy wasting work than the other, but he’s doing his part diligently. His shirt is damp with sweat when he finished and he threw himself on the couch beside Jihoon who’s fanning himself while watching something on the TV. Hakyeon-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung appeared with an iced lemon tea for the four of them, he gulped the drink eagerly. The coolness soothing his dry throat but not the heat he felt.

“Why it’s so hot?” Jihoon asked after finished his drinks and continued to fan himself.

“It’s summer, but this heat is too much.” Hakyeon-hyung stated.

“If there’s rain then maybe the heat will be reduced.” Taekwoon-hyung said while looking outside.

He also looked outside but seeing no clouds at the sky, “But there’s no cloud there.” He stated with a sigh of disappointment.

“I hope it will rain.” Jihoon said while also looking outside with a hopeful expression.

That received an agreeing hum by the two oldest, he looked at his brother and the two hyung they had the same expression. He looked back outside if there’s cloud or maybe grey cloud that will drop the water and made rain it would be great. If he could he wanted to make the clouds appear and the rain will pour from them, he closed his eyes his mind full of the thought of it. The warm feeling filling his body started from his feet and up but it went unnoticed by himself, thinking it was the heat when the feeling subsided leaving through his fingertips that he realized the change.

He opened his eyes confusedly and found that the sky is full of the clouds, he even didn’t see the blue sky anymore just grey and black. He blinked astonished by the sudden change, a rumble of thunder drawing the other attention.

“Woah! It’s dark outside, it’s bright just a few minutes ago…” Jihoon said with awe.

“Strange, it changed so suddenly…” Taekwoon-hyung walked to the door opened it and looked around.

“But isn’t it great? It will rain and we can be relieved by the heat.” Hakyeon-hyung said with a happy smile.

“Yeah, but it’s really amazing.” Jihoon said excitedly.

He stayed silent listening to the other that clearly happy that it will rain, but he was still stunned. He averted his eyes from the sky to his hands, the feeling still lingering at them. It was the feeling he always felt when his power was released, he stared with disbelief while curling and uncurling his hands. Was it him, was he released his power unknowingly by himself? He can do something like this?

He looked at the sky outside again, the water started to fall down and in the matter of minutes it was pouring down. Taekwoon-hyung closed the door and walked back to sat beside Hakyeon-hyung, Jihoon still looking with wonder at the sky.

“Is it because we talked about rain that this is happening?” Jihoon asked to Hakyeon-hyung beside him.

“Hm, maybe.” Hakyeon-hyung smiled.

“Awesome!” Jihoon said and then turned to watch the TV again. “Maybe if I talk about what I wanted then I will have it.” Jihoon said to himself.

It earned a chuckle from Taekwoon-hyung and amused smile from Hakyeon-hyung. He was still didn’t believe that this happen, he can release his power not by the weird incident like before. But he didn’t do it consciously then he realized that maybe he can release the power on his own will, he just need to figure out how to do it. For now he just have to enjoy the rain that he made, with his brother, Hakyeon-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung.

 

----

 

If you find any mistakes please tell me and I will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading. Subscribe or vote if you liked it, comment if you have something to say or anything you want to ask~