Silence

Maybe One Day...
Rain was heard pattering outside. Jimin was laying silently upon his bed, surrounded by darkness in his warm studio, fingers clutched to his sides. In his bed the scent of vanilla wafted. It reminded him too much of him. Jimin felt numb.
 
It had been only one week since Hoseok had left Jimin in tears. One week since Hoseok had left in tears. One week was the equivalent to one year to Jimin. The loneliness had consumed him. Jimin could not deal with negative emotions. He would push them away until it would start eating at him. One week had silently killed Jimin and turned him into a soulless human.
 
A friend of Jimin, more like parental figure, Kim Seokjin (Jin) had not heard from the cheerful soul that was Jimin in two days. Jin's instincts had immediately kicked in. It was unusual for him to not hear from Jimin within one day. It had become suprisingly obvious to Jin that if Jimin hadn't contacted him in any form of communication that he was at a low in terms of his mood. Usually it meant that Jimin was laying in bed crying or lying completely still unfazed by the world. Eyes glossy, lips slightly open, and breathing uneven. Jimin would claim to be fine but Jin would know better. For that, Jimin was eternally grateful to his best hyung.
 
After the two days of not being pestered by one his many dongsaengs, Jin had immediately left to Jimin's studio. Jimin's studio had been two blocks west of Jin's and Namjoon's house. While walking Jin had stumbled into his eldest donsaeng, Yoongi. 
   "Yah! Watch where you're going giant!" the young pale man had said.
   "YAH! Watch how you talk to your elders punk." giggled Jin, while ruffling Yoongi's blond hair. 
   Yoongi had given Jin his best glare and sarcastically spit out, "For the sake of the purity your beloved boyfriend claims you have, don't say words like punk. It taints your personality."
   Jin huffed, "Yeah, fine, whatever, have you heard from Jimin lately? He hasn't Kakao-ed me yesterday or today. I'm starting to worry about him."
   "Why the hell do you care? He's a grown man for God's sake. Have you ever thought that, 'Hey Jimin is busy and living his life!' Damn, leave him alone sometime hyung."
   Jin made note of Yoongi's lightly tinted pink cheeks. "You're not wearing blush, are you Yoongi?" 
   Jin had poked his cheeks. Yoongi looked defeated. " you." 
   And with that Yoongi had stomped off. 
 
Jin had been the only one out of their friend group to know of Yoongi's little crush on Jimin. Yoongi had known that Jin had known. He knew he didn't have to bring it up with the elder. Especially not after Jimin and Hoseok's romantic relationship had formed.
 
Jin knew that teasing him about the touchy subject would strike a chord in him. To his lack of knowledge he didn't realize the younger would leave him with such an ugly phrase. Jin felt guilty and he knew he deserved it. Head high, Jin had watched the tiny younger leave and spun around on one foot to continue his way to Jimin's.
 
Once there, Jin had not cared to knock on the door, knowing that it would be unlocked. It was usual for him and the others to do this. Before his eyes lay a chaotic mess of untouched blankets and pillows. The unique vanilla scent had hit his nose.
   "Jimin-ah! It's your favorite hyung Jinnie!" With no response Jin had seen a tiny figure move in the mess of blankets.
   "Hyung..." Jimin croaked.