Childish Antics

Making Us Work
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting on the subway you fumbled with your headphones. Your head was swimming, which made it hard to focus on plugging the headphones into your iPhone. Not really sure what you were in the mood for; you clicked shuffle and waited for the music to play. You were so happy this day was finally over. You pulled out your phone to see if Namjoon had responded to your message. If there was any doubt in your mind that he was pissed, the fact that he’d read the message and not replied proved to you without a doubt that he was. He always replied; even when he was extremely busy; even if it was just a few words or an emoticon. This was his way of telling you he was ignoring you, and you hated it. It wasn’t often that he succumbed to childish antics like this, which made it that much harder when he did. You paused before deciding to send him another message.

 

To: Joon 💕

I know you’re busy, but I was wondering if you were still planning to come over tonight?

 

You pocketed the phone and tried to focus on the music playing in your ears, but the events of earlier refused to let you drift like you wanted.

At the end of your lesson with Jihoon, the CEO of Seven Seasons requested an audience with you. You were nervous. This was not a normal request. You were scheduled to meet with him at the end of every month to report on Block B’s progress, but this was not one of those scheduled meeting. Were you getting reprimanded? Fired? Your heartbeat quickened, and you felt lightheaded.

Sitting across the desk from him, you attempted to maintain composure. You wiped your sweaty palms on your jeans. You weren’t sure if you’d be able to form words, but luckily he spoke first, “Please don’t look so nervous.” You tried to swallow your anxiety, but it caught in your throat. “You know how Block B has a tour in America next month?” You nodded slowly. “Well, you will be going with them to America.” Your face twisted into something between shock and confusion. “When I talk with the members, they have such good things to say about you. I can tell all of you are working very hard, and I thought this would be an excellent opportunity for you to assist them in an English dominated country. What do you think?” He didn’t pause long enough for you to respond before he started talking again, “I have already talked with the CEO of Big Hit, Bang Sihyuk-ssi, and he has okayed your absence from Big Hit for the duration of the tour. Plus, I know you’re from America, so we have talked about allowing you some time off after the tour is completed. What do you think?”

You chewed on your bottom lip; you really didn’t know what to say. You were torn. You didn’t really want to go, but the idea of getting to spend some time off at home was something you’d craved for a while now. As much as you loved Korea, you missed your family, friends, and former students. The thought of getting to spend time with them made your heart sing, and it wasn’t like you really had the luxury to say no. You met his cheerful gaze and spoke weakly, “Sir, that would be an amazing opportunity.”

The smile on his face only broadened, “I knew you would be excited,” he said slapping the desk with his left palm. “I will send you an email later with more information, so you can begin preparing for the tour. I’m happy you’ll be joining the boys. In the meantime, do you have any questions?” You replied with a soft no, and he continued, “If you don’t have an questions, you are free to leave. I hope you have a good weekend, and we’ll see you again on Tuesday.” You bowed ninety degrees before gathering your things and exiting the office. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter