Becoming Routine

Making Us Work
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hated mornings with a vengeance, and often wished you had a job that allowed you to sleep in. After listening to the alarm's chime for a moment too long, you rolled over and turned it off. Even though you hated mornings, you knew if you snoozed you would never actually get up. You sighed heavily and pushed yourself up from the mattress. As you rose, you felt something restrict your movement. A smile tugged at the corners of your lips. Namjoon. His arm was draped across your stomach gently holding you in place. You hadn't heard him come in last night, but you weren’t really surprised to see him. This had slowly become a routine on nights before you were to go to work at Seven Seasons Entertainment. Namjoon hated the idea of you splitting your time between Big Hit and Seven Seasons, but he just had to open his big mouth to Zico. Now you spent two days at another company and away from him.

You hesitated; you stared at his sleeping form. Watched his chest slowly rise and fall. If you didn't get up right now, you were going to be late, but all you wanted was to curl back into his arms and feel his fingers as you showered. Reason won out in the end. You carefully removed his arm from your waist, and shuffled to the bathroom in the dark. The light from the bathroom was so harsh it forced you to squint. By now, you could complete your morning routine without thought and often allowed your mind to drift elsewhere. A high-pitched ring brought you back to reality, and you knew Namjoon would be waking up now.

Namjoon stirred at the sound of his alarm. He'd pick an annoying ring on purpose, and he always regretted it as he blindly d for his phone in the morning. He silenced it with a swipe of his finger before he rolled onto his back. He could hear the shower and quiet music slip from the bathroom. He knew he had to get up, but the thought of showering on his own held him in place. He closed his eyes again and listened for the shower to stop.

Namjoon heard you exit the bathroom, and pulled the comforter over his head as you the bedroom lights. He really didn't want to get up. He slowly squinted his eyes open and waited for them to adjust to the warm light. He rolled back onto his side and watched as you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter