Let's play Monopoly!

Things Woozi Does

“ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME, HANSOL!?” Woozi yells. “LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE DONE!”

Vernon, who’s sitting on the ground, springs to his feet. “THAT WASN’T MY FAULT AND YOU KNOW IT!”

Woozi jumps up, too. “WELL IT WASN’T MY FAULT AND NOW WE’RE RUINED!”

“AGAIN, NOT MY FAULT! HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN THAT WOULD’VE HAPPENED?”

“MAYBE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE WORST LUCK IN THE WORLD!”

Seungcheol gets up and stands in between them. He puts his hands on their shoulders and calmly tries to ease their tension. “Guys, guys, it’s okay. You’re a team.” He laughs a little. “It’s just Monopoly.”

Jeonghan looks up from the game board. “Uh, if you say it’s ‘just Monopoly’ can I switch partners?”

You’re at the dorm with Woozi and the rest of the members. It was a slow night and Dino had suggested you all play Monopoly. Since there weren’t enough game pieces, you randomly split into pairs. Woozi and Vernon. You and Minghao. Seungkwan and Jun. Joshua and Mingyu. Seungcheol and Jeonghan. Dino and DK. Hoshi and Wonwoo. It’s been about an hour and half into the game and things have gotten intense, to say the least. So far, Joshua and Mingyu are dominating the board, covering two streets with their hotels. Vernon had just landed on their most expensive property. Everyone laughs as the Vernon-Woozi duo are duking it out, while Mingyu is already taking in their money.

Woozi groans. “Agh! This wouldn’t have happened if you guys had just let me partner with (Y/N).”

“Are you saying I’m not good enough?” Vernon questions, clutching his chest.

“THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I’M SAYING!”

Even though you two are on different teams, you and Woozi are sitting next to each other. “Sorry, Hansol, but he’s right.” Minghao adds. “We’re doing pretty well.”

“Ugh, we’ll catch up,” Vernon says, trying to reassure them. The two of them sit back down and glare at their three $5 bills. “I hate you.”

Joshua laughs. “Someone’s just bitter.”

“Yeah,” Woozi agrees. “That’s exactly what we are.”

Everyone laughs at the now losing team. A few more rounds go by before Seungcheol decides a break would be a good idea, mostly because Dino looks like he may burst into tears from Seungkwan demanding a payment his team can’t afford. You and Woozi sit on the couch as he groans and covers his face. “I hate this game.”

“You hate losing.”

“I hate that, too.”

You chuckle and lean your head on his shoulder. “This game is dangerous. But you know what they say.”

He raises an eyebrow and looks at you. “What do they say?”

“A family that can play Monopoly together, stays together.”

He laughs and kisses your forehead. “I am so sorry you have to see this.”

“No, Minghao and I are doing great. If I was partnered with you, I probably would look like poor Chan right now.”

“Hey! I only yell at Hansol because he ! That’s his own fault!” Woozi explains.

“Excuse me!” Vernon calls out from a few feet away. “I am literally right here!”

“Oh you heard that?” Woozi says sarcastically. “That’s funny, because you were right next to me when I told you not to sell Boardwalk AND YOU DID ANYWAY!”

Vernon leans back and rolls his eyes. “OH HERE WE GO AGAIN! WE DIDN’T NEED BOARDWALK AT THE TIME!”

Woozi stands up and goes over to him. “YOU ALWAYS NEED BOARDWALK! IT’S THE BEST PROPERTY IN THE WHOLE GAME!”

Everyone in the room is laughing at the two’s ridiculous bickering. Obviously, you all know that none of this means anything, so it’s fun to watch. “WE NEEDED THE MONEY TO PAY WONWOO AND HOSHI! THE REST OF OUR STUFF DIDN’T ADD UP!”

“WE COULD’VE TRIED TO MAKE A DEAL!”

“WE BOTH KNOW THEY WOULDN’T HAVE TAKEN IT!”

Wonwoo comes out of the bathroom and sees this scene before sitting next to you. He says to you, “Just for the record, we wouldn’t have taken a deal.”

You can’t help but laugh. Unfortunately, Woozi overhears this and spins around, aggressively pointing and storming at Wonwoo. “OH, TRUST ME YOU WOULD’VE TAKEN THE FREAKIN’ DEAL!”

“Jihoonie, calm down. There’s no need to be a sore loser,” you . Woozi hates losing small games. He finds it embarrassing and demeaning to be beaten at something so simple.

“Sweetie, I am an all or nothing man. You should know that. Because all of my love and understanding is with you…” he gestures to Vernon behind him. “…there’s none left for this loser.”

“YOU’RE JUST AS MUCH OF A LOSER AS I AM, HYUNG!”

Woozi snaps back at him. “I AM ONLY A ‘HYUNG’ TO WINNERS.” He comes back over and sits between you and Wonwoo. His face falls into your lap and, in a muffled tone, he says, “Can we please switch partners?”

“You would rather have me lose than you?”

He sits back up and says to you, “Baby, your patience is impeccable. I mean, you’re with me, so it has to be. If you can deal with my , maybe you can somehow manage Hansol’s.”

You chuckle a bit. “No thanks. Minghao and I are set. We have a plan, don’t we Minghao!” you shout out.

Minghao, at the other end of the room, shouts back, “Hell yeah, we do!”

Woozi finally laughs. “The only plan I have is spending more time with you this week.” He throws his arm around you. “Sorry it feels like forever since we’ve gotten to just be together.”

“It’s fine, sweetie. Game night makes up for everything.”

He smiles at you. Vernon crosses his arms and pouts. “Game night .”