iii/iii

Coffee Hearts

“Favorite animal?”

 

“Dog duh. Favorite color?”

 

“Green. Favorite song?”

 

“Roll Deep by Hyuna.”

 

Kyungsoo snorts. “Jongin what the ?” The other male snickers.

 

“What? It’s really catchy!”

 

“Where did you even hear it?”

 

Jongin stabs a piece of tteok before shoving it in his mouth. “Kris dragged me to a really loud club and it came on like six times. You should have seen Kris try to dance along to it.”

 

“I would love to see a video of that.”

 

Jongin smirks and pulls out his phone. “Give me a few seconds and I’ll show you.” Kyungsoo’s eyes light up as he scoots closer to the tanned male.

 

Today they are out on their sixth date in the last 3 weeks. Kyungsoo had planned to take Jongin to the Han River for a festival but it was canceled due to unexpected cold weather. Both of them just shrugged and decided to go  to a street vendor for an early dinner instead. They are both dressed in thick sweaters and wool hats but they can care less, they’re just happy to spend time together.

 

They both giggle uncontrollably when Jongin pulls up the video of Kris on his phone when he started to shake his hips provocatively at an overly embarrassed Junmyeon. Jongin hums to the song booming in the background as he happily watches his idiot friends. Kyungsoo smiles fondly. He taps Jongin’s thigh lightly to get his attention. Jongin glances up at him, putting his phone down for a second.

 

“So you told me a bit about it already, but tell me more about your hearing. Like can you hear me right now?”

 

Jongin smiles at the other’s curiosity. Kyungsoo’s learned that the he really doesn’t mind talking about his deficiency. ‘It’s a part of who I am now,’ he once said happily, ‘why should I be upset about it?

 

Jongin hums and thinks about his answer. “I can’t hear you right now. Maybe a little but it’s like a far far away sound, not enough to understand you without reading your lips.” Kyungsoo nods as he continues on. “Typically I can only hear things when they are extremely loud. Like in the club with Kris and them. The music was so loud I could kind of make out words. It’s still hard to understand though. I was worse when I was younger, right after the car accident that is.”

 

Jongin had briefly told him about the incident from his childhood but Kyungsoo never felt that he should push him to elaborate. The other is still obviously upset about it since he had lost his mother that day as well.

 

Kyungsoo reaches over and squeezes Jongin’s hand, the latter sending him an appreciative glance. Kyungsoo figures he should probably divert the subject from the car accident.

 

“So how did you learn to read lips?”

 

Jongin sighs. “I enrolled in a sign language class and just got used to watching other people speak. My sisters enrolled with me so they could help me learn quicker. At one point the doctors said that they could try an experimental surgery to partially repair my hearing. It kind of worked. My family was angry and sad that the surgery wasn’t a complete success but I knew deep down it wouldn’t be. I was just grateful I could somewhat hear music again, even if it has to be at obnoxious volumes.”

 

Kyungsoo bites his lip. “So if there wasn’t any music and just someone’s voice, you might actually hear them?”

 

Jongin blinks, contemplating it. He shrugs. “Maybe. I’ve never thought of trying it that way.”

 

“You should try it one day,” Kyungsoo giggles lightly, “maybe we can rent the Seoul Olympic Stadium and I can tell you about my undying love for Star Trek without you having to read my lips.”

 

Jongin lets out a sound equivalent to a dying seal. His face scrunches up as he laughs and Kyungsoo feels his heart leap at the sight. Eventually they both fall into a comfortable silence and finish eating their food. A bone chilling breeze hits them suddenly and Kyungsoo wraps his arms around himself.

 

‘God damn it’s cold…’

 

He takes a moment to glance up at Jongin, who was on his phone replying to a text message. They make eye contact and Jongin sends him a concerned look. “Maybe we should go warm up somewhere. My shift at the coffee shop is starting soon. I can make you a cup if you want.”

 

Kyungsoo feels his heart drop at the mention of coffee.

 

The entire time they had gone on dates, he has steered clear of anything involving that damn cup of poison but it looks like it’s inevitable now. He gives Jongin a wry smile. “Sure that’s fine.”

 

Jongin stares at him for a few seconds before nodding. “Okay, let’s go.”

 

Kyungsoo gets up and throws away his trash before joining Jongin on the way to his work. They begin walking at a moderate pace when Jongin reaches down and grabs the smaller male’s hand, putting it in his coat pocket. Heat floods Kyungsoo's cheeks, but he smiles none the less.

 

Sooner or later they are approaching the coffee shop and Kyungsoo is dreading every minute of it. He doesn’t know if his body can take another cup, even if it was made by his boyfriend. Just before Jongin is going to pull the door open with his free hand, Kyungsoo stops him. He fidgets anxiously and his lips.

 

“I actually have a confession to make. I haven’t been completely honest with you this whole time...” Kyungsoo chances looking at Jongin’s face and instantly feels guilt wrack through him at how he worded his statement. Jongin’s face is etched with pure concern and worry, his shoulders tense. They are still holding hands in Jongin’s coat pocket so Kyungsoo squeezes the other’s hand reassuringly. “It’s not about you- or well us,” he points between them, “or our relationship. Well it kind of is- uh-”

 

“Kyungsoo what’s wrong?” Kyungsoo gulps. It’s now or never.

 

He bows his head in shame and mumbles a quiet “I don’t like coffee.”

 

Jongin cups his chin and brings them face to face. “Soo, you know I can’t tell what you’re saying when you hide your face. What’s going on?”

 

“I don’t like coffee.”

 

The taller male freezes. “You...don’t like coffee,” he said slowly.

 

“I hate it. It tastes so bad and it make me sick to my stomach.”

 

Jongin looks shocked. “But all that coffee I made you-” He pauses to think about it and then snorted, letting out a series of whole hearted laughter.

 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. "You're…. laughing."

 

"Of course I'm laughing! I've been making you cups of coffee for months! Why didn’t you tell me?” he asks, his expression overly amused and playful.

 

Kyungsoo squaks. “I only drank it because you made it for me! I really wanted to get your attention so I always ordered some. Plus you would go through so much trouble just to make all of these beautiful designs. I couldn’t just let them go to waste!” Jongin’s laughing louder now and Kyungsoo really doesn’t know how to feel about the situation. At least Jongin's not upset about it.

 

When Jongin calms down from his giggle fit, he kisses Kyungsoo’s forehead lightly. “You, Do Kyungsoo, are the most precious thing I have ever met.” The latter flushes a bright red, already flustered from telling Jongin he hates coffee in the first place.

 

Kyungsoo wacks his chest. “Shut up.”

 

Jongin hums. “You know, I can do the same designs in hot chocolate.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes light up in hope. “Really?”

 

Jongin nods and then smirks. “That is, of course if you like hot chocolate.”

 

“Quit being so mean, of course I like hot chocolate.” Jongin shakes his head and flicks Kyungsoo’s nose lightly.

 

“I don’t know. I mean you’ve lied to me before. How can I be so sure you’re not lying now?” The smaller male shoves him into the coffee shop with a smile on his face.

 

“Don’t be such a brat. Go get ready for work before you’re late.”

 

Jongin gives him a fond smile and pecks him on the lips. It's quick and chaste but Kyungsoo feels his heart swell at the contact. “I’ll be back,” Jongin whispers before disappearing into the employees only area. Kyungsoo brings his hands to his lips in a daze. They had kissed previously but only once. At that time, Jongin was dropping him off at his house after seeing a movie together. Kyungsoo had been the one to initiate it. He had caught Jongin off guard but the other had recuperated the kiss soon after. It was short but still enough to make Kyungsoo’s insides turn to mush. When he pulled away, Jongin looked equally as affected. Kyungsoo thought about inviting him in his home but figured they would leave that to another day. He likes where their relationship is and he really doesn’t want to rush things even if his heart tells him he should.

 

It’s really hard not to fall for Kim Jongin. They have only really been going on dates for a few weeks but they have liked each other for months. It’s hard to say exactly where they are in their relationship but Kyungsoo definitely knows they are nowhere near ‘I love you’ yet. All Kyungsoo knows is that he just really really likes Jongin and at this moment, that is enough for him. Jongin seems content on how they are so Kyungsoo is too.

 

They haven’t really talked about their feelings since they saw each other at the exhibition. Kyungsoo normally wouldn’t want to this early into a relationship because let’s face it, how weird is that? But a part of him feels that he needs to. Jongin, while more confident about talking to and teasing the smaller male, is still very skittish. He sometimes looks at Kyungsoo like he is the center of his world but at the same time seems like he's scared Kyungsoo will get up and leave at any moment. Jongin has never openly voiced this concern but Kyungsoo can just tell.

 

During their second date, their waitress had openly flirted with Kyungsoo and completely ignored Jongin all together. Kyungsoo had awkwardly informed her that he wasn’t interested and went back to eating his dinner. Jongin looked so sad the entire time and barely ate his food. It took taking him to a nearby pet shelter  later that night to cheer him up. Even then, he was still very clingy, touching Kyungsoo in someway whether it was holding his hand or having their shoulders side by side as they walked.

 

Kyungsoo really wants to figure out a way to ease this anxiety Jongin seems to have about their relationship. He’s definitely not going anywhere and he needs Jongin to understand this. From his seat, Kyungsoo spots his favorite barista preparing his hot chocolate. He's sticking out his tongue in concentration as he draws some sort of design in the middle.

 

“Order for Do Kyungsoo.”

 

Stifling a laugh, Kyungsoo gets up to grab his cup. A beautiful heart is floating in the middle, two letters laid inside of it. Kyungsoo’s face lit up when he read the “K+J”. Jongin winks at him before getting back to work. Kyungsoo brings his cup to his table in the corner, deciding to stare out the window at the dark grey sky until Jongin could go on break.






 

A few hours later, Kyungsoo is in the middle of beating his high score on Fruit Ninja when he notices a couple of notifications. One's from Yixing.

 

From: Layicorn

hope you and Lover Boy are doing well. guess this means no more coffee for you! congrats! who would have thought Jongin and Kai are the same person

། ◉ ◯ ◉ །╯

 

To: Layicorn

you Zhang Yixing.

 

From: Layicorn

anytime Soo ;)

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. He really needs a new best friend. He goes on to check his other messages.

 

From: Baekhyun

Hey I talked to the venue manager and he said we can practice all we want during the day. The other’s will be getting there around eleven so I fit you in first. We should get there in enough time to sing all of your songs plus any others you feel will warm up your voice. Be there at 7 sharp got it?!

 

Kyungsoo responds with a quick ‘will do’ and releases an agitated sigh. Baekhyun always works him too hard for these things. 'Looks like next Friday is going to '. Too caught up in his own world, Kyungsoo almost didn’t notice Jongin sit down across from him.

 

Jongin leans his head on his hands. “Whatcha doing?”

 

“Just texting Baekhyun. We have some concert stuff going on soon so he’s getting all antsy.”

 

Jongin nods. “I almost forgot you sang. I remember you told me once a while ago.”

 

Kyungsoo recalls the moment and his curiosity peaks. “Yeah I remember, but then you ran off right after. I meant to ask you about that the next time I saw you. Were you okay?”

 

Jongin’s face turns bright red, expression sheepish. “It’s nothing really. I just. You told me you sang and- I don’t know it just occured to me that if I ever did tell you I liked you this image I had in my head of us being a perfect couple would come crashing down. It occurred to me back then that I'd never properly hear your voice, never hear you sing. I don't know it just really hurts my heart to think about that. It still kind of does.”

 

Kyungsoo falters. He never thought about that. Remembering Baekhyun’s texts, he gets an idea.

 

“Jongin. What are you doing next Friday?”

 

Jongin tilts his head. “I have a shift later in the evening, but other than that nothing. Why?”

 

Kyungsoo grins widely. “I have a surprise for you.” Jongin looks at him curiously but nods none the less. Kyungsoo inwardly fist pumps. This is the best idea he has ever come up with.







 

Kyungsoo is busy on stage trying to adjust his mic stand when he heard the heavy door slam. The school’s arena was completely empty for rehearsals so the sound echoed loudly. Kyungsoo looks over to see Baekhyun leading a very tired looking Jongin towards the stage. Kyungsoo feels excitement poor into his veins upon seeing the barista in front of him. He slides off the stage and goes over to hug the taller male. Jongin hugs him back, letting out a raspy “Mornin’ Soo”.

 

Kyungsoo smiles. “Morning. Sorry to wake you up so early.”

 

Jongin waves his hand. “No it’s fine. I’ll just probably just take a nap later.” Kyungsoo just nods and grabs his hand, guiding him to a seat in the audience. Jongin shuffles along behind him, obviously confused as to why he’s here. Kyungsoo points at a seat and told him to sit, the other male chuckling and doing as he’s told.

 

Jongin brings Kyungsoo’s hand to his lips, kissing the top gently. “What’s this all about Soo?”

 

Kyungsoo tries hard not to blush. If he is getting flustered now he doesn’t know if he’ll be able to give Jongin his surprise without choking up.

 

 

He flicks the other male's flicked his forehead lightly. “Wait here. I have something I want you to hear.”

 

Jongin nods obediently and leans back in his chair, lazily watching Kyungsoo’s retreating figure. The said male hops up onstage and runs over to Baekhyun, who was setting up the microphone stand. Baekhyun gives him a wink and told him everything was ready. The singer gulps and let out a small ‘thank you’. As Baekhyun disappeared backstage, Kyungsoo feels his nerves act up.

 

One would think that only having one person in the room listening to him sing wouldn’t make him this nervous. But this person is Jongin. His wonderful, sweet, caring boyfriend whom he really doesn’t want to embarrass himself in front of. Kyungsoo takes a chance and glances at the barista sitting in the third row. He looks so shocked and happy as he slowly begins to realize what Kyungsoo is about to do.


Kyungsoo his lips and takes a deep breath, letting out the first few notes of the song.

 

“Boy, it's really good to see you come around.

I know you've been lost, I'm glad you got found,

'Cause I've been a little lost myself.

Found an old picture of you on my phone.

Had a new feeling, now I won't let go

Until I can, I can tell you for myself.”

 

There isn’t any background music to guide him, but he thinks it’ll be okay. Kyungsoo can tell from the beaming smile on Jongin’s face that even if he messes up, he would probably care less. The singer feels his heart swell as begins to lose himself in the song.

 

“Why don't you stay for awhile.

It's been too long since I've smiled.

There's too few people I trust.

I won't ask you for too much,

Good conversation and such,

And if I'm being honest…”

 

Kyungsoo really can't be sure from this distance, but he’s pretty sure Jongin is crying. From the way his face seems to been slightly scrunched up and how he continuously rubs his eyes, Kyungsoo can only assume so. It touches his heart that Jongin is this happy to hear him sing.

 

“From time to time

You cross my mind.

Good company

Is hard to find.

From time to time

You cross my mind.

So stay with me,

Just for a night.”


 

Kyungsoo drags out the final note of the song and slowly drops he microphone to his side. When he figures out he was done, Jongin marches right up to the stage and staggers on. Kyungsoo smiles softly when he sees the other's eyes filled to the brim with tears. The barista embraces him and refuses to let go even when Kyungsoo tries to pull away to wipe away stray tears.

 

“Stop moving and hug me dammit.” Jongin croaks. Kyungsoo laughs and hugs him tightly, sighing happily as he rested his head on Jongin’s shoulder. Jongin has his face buried in Kyungsoo’s neck, still crying.

 

“I could hear you,” Jongin whispers, “I could actually hear you Soo.”

 

Kyungsoo pulls away, cradling the barista’s face gently. He lightly kisses him, letting it linger for a few seconds. When he pulls away again, he brings the microphone back to his mouth.

 

“Jongin?” The sound is loud and jarring to Kyungsoo, but to Jongin it's just right.

 

“Y-Yes Kyungsoo?”

 

“There are a few things I need to get off my chest, so just listen closely alright?”

 

Jongin nods his head, eyes bright with admiration and glee. His tears are stopping and his breathing seems to be going back to normal so Kyungsoo figures it’s safe to move onto step two.

 

“Lately I feel like you haven’t been honest with your feelings about me. Sometimes it seems as if you're just waiting for me to pack up and leave you.” Jongin opens his mouth to speak, probably to deny it but Kyungsoo gave him a look, making Jongin look down in shame. Kyungsoo sighs and brings the two of them close together. Kyungsoo Jongin’s cheek lightly. “I don’t know why you would ever think that, but I know you always worry too much. And Jongin that’s okay, but I need you to know something.

 

“I need you to know I love the way you laugh, as if you’re some sort of happy seal getting treats-” Jongin blushes hard at that but cracks a smile,”I love the way you stare at me when you think I don’t notice. I love the way you kiss me, like it’s the last thing you’ll ever do. I love the way you look at me, like I matter so much to you. Kim Jongin, I think I am falling in love with you. We haven’t been dating that long, so saying ‘I love you’s may be too soon, but I want you to know- I need you to know that I love being with you. I need you to engrave this on your anxious heart that I’m not going anywhere anytime soon okay?”

 

Jongin is crying again but only a few tears fall before Jongin lets out the brightest smile Kyungsoo has ever seen him wear. He kisses Kyungsoo’s lips before moving onto peppering the rest of his face. The smaller male giggles as the barista assaults his face with his lips. Jongin stops and leans his forehead on Kyungsoo’s, humming softly. “Thank you Kyungsoo. Really. Thank you.” Now Kyungsoo feels like he’s going to cry with the loving look Jongin is sending his way. Kyungsoo is about to retort when he hears obnoxious clapping behind them. Both men twirl around quickly to see none other than Baekhyun and a few tech guys. Kyungsoo’s face flushes with embarrassment. Right. He forgot he just poured his heart out over a microphone for everyone to hear.

 

 

Kyungsoo glares at Baekhyun, telling him to off before turning his attention back to his boyfriend. Baekhyun screeches. “Do Kyungsoo don’t tell me to off! Now hurry it up! We have a schedule to do!”

 

Kyungsoo heaves a heavy sigh and Jongin stares warily at Baekhyun’s retreating figure. “I didn’t even need a microphone to hear him.” The smaller male snorts.

 

“That’s Baekhyun for you.”

 

Jongin hums. “I shouldn’t keep you from your schedule.” He grins down at the latter. “I really can’t thank you enough for today. I’ll talk to you later okay?”

 

Kyungsoo nods, a little sad to see the other go. “I’ll text you when I finish rehearsals.”

 

Jongin leans in and kisses Kyungsoo one last time, this one deep and loving, their lips making a small sound when they pull away. “Good luck Kyungsoo. I know you’ll do well.” Kyungsoo giggles and says his thanks, waving to Jongin as he exited the arena.



 

 

 

Later that night, Kyungsoo is flopping on his bed, unable to get his barista out of his mind. He pulls out his phone and taps on his messages.

 

To: Jongin

I have a ticket for you if you want to come to the concert tomorrow. You don’t have to if you have plans don’t worry.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t expect the quick reply. Jongin must have been waiting for his text.

 

From: Jongin

I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

 

Kyungsoo smiles and stares up at the ceiling, trying not to focus on his stressing concert tomorrow. Instead he thinks of beautifully drawn latte art and a certain pink haired barista.



 


 

The concert goes well. Kyungsoo sang his setlist without messing up too noticeably He’s backstage now, wiping off his stage makeup as he hears Baekhyun rant about how the latter crushed his competition. Kyungsoo feels the need to reiterate that this wasn’t a contest so it didn’t really matter, but he decides against it when he sees how happy his vocal trainer is.

 

Baekhyun offers to take him out for a few beers that night to celebrate, but Kyungsoo declines and says he already has plans. Baekhyun chuckles and pats him on the back. “Try not to party too hard tonight then.

 

“You too.”

 

Baekhyun leaves the room, allowing Kyungsoo to be by himself. He hears his phone go off from inside his bag. The singer reaches over and looks at the message.

 

 

From: Jongin

Hey meet me at the front entrance.

 

Kyungsoo grips his phone in excitement, quickly shoving all of his belongings into his bag and heading off. On his way, he runs into a few familar faces.

 

“Junmyeon! Kris! Yixing! You came!”

 

“Of course we came!” Junmyeon says, “You always come to our art exhibitions, the least we could do is come to your concert.”

 

Kris snorts. “Besides, I totally wanted to be here if you messed up. I had my phone ready and everything.”

 

“Kris!”

 

“By the way you were a little flat on one of the parts.”

 

“Wu Yifan!”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles as he watches Junmyeon viciously wack Kris with the back of his hand, the two starting to bicker like usual. Yixing wraps his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

 

“You did really well Kyungsoo.”

 

“Thanks Yixing.”

 

“Like really well.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Like really really well.”

 

“Yes, Yixing. You told me this.”

 

“You could be like, the asian Adele.”

 

“Yixing I’m a man.”

 

“Hey that’s what reassignment surgery is for.”

 

Kyungsoo face palms. He can never win with his best friend. “Yixing I need to go meet Kai. He’s waiting for me.”

 

 

Yixing’s eyes light up. “Oh yes. Don’t keep Lover Boy waiting. He matters way more than your best friend. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and shakes his head, a small smile tugging at his lips.

 

“I’ll see you late Xing.”

 

Yixing smiles and pats his . “Go be gay my precious child.” Kyungsoo flushes bright red and walks away, hearing Yixing dramatically say ‘they grow up so fast’.

 

Kyungsoo quickly walks down the hallway with his backpack slung over his shoulder. His eyes search until he spot Jongin leaning against the wall towards the front, looking handsome as ever in a suit and tie. His pink hair is gelled up and back, similar to the way he had it at the art exhibition. Jongin is looking left and right, the flowers in his hands being held firmly so they wouldn’t get jostled around. Kyungsoo bites his lip and walks towards the latter.

 

Once Jongin sees him, his whole face lights up. He meets Kyungsoo half way and pulls him into a tight hug. “You did great! I sat near the speakers so I couldn’t really see you but you sounded wonderful!”

 

Kyungsoo grins. “You think so?”

 

“I know so! No one can tell me otherwise.”

 

“Kris said I was too flat at one point.”

 

“Kris is a with a paintbrush shoved too far up his . You did wonderful, don’t listen to him.” Kyungsoo bursts out laughing.

 

Jongin smiles happily and offers the other the flowers. They're white canna lilies wrapped at the stem in a simple yellow bow. “I didn’t really know what to get you and google told me flowers are normally what you give to performers after their show. So. Yeah. I hope you like them.”

 

Kyungsoo smirks, taking the flowers and sniffing them. “You’re so cute.”

 

Jongin’s cheeks light up a bright pink and he avoids eye contact. “Shh you.” They stand in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before Jongin remembers something. “Hey how are you getting home?” Oh. Baekhyun was supposed to be his ride but he kind of blew him off to see Jongin. Looks like he’ll be taking the bus. “Uh, maybe the bus?”

 

 

Jongin shakes his head. “Absolutely not. I’ll drive you, don’t worry.” Kyungsoo nods, hiding his face in his flowers and letting out a small ‘okay’.




 

They are sitting in Jongin’s car when Kyungsoo notices something strange. There is a slight twinge of apprehension to the quiet atmosphere. He glances at Jongin and see’s the other is deep in his thoughts, looking torn between saying what’s on his mind or keeping to himself. Kyungsoo decides to not say anything and continue to fawn over his flowers. Eventually they come to a red light and Jongin looks over at him.

 

“H-Hey I was thinking. Why don’t you just stay over my place? Your apartment is kind of far, even if you were to take the bus.”

 

Kyungsoo feels excitement fill his veins. He’s never been to Jongin’s before. “Sure, if you don’t mind having me.”

 

This is how they end up in Jongin’s apartment. That weird shift in the atmosphere between them just seems to grow when Kyungsoo accepts Jongin’s offer. Kyungsoo really doesn’t know what’s wrong but he just writes it off as Jongin being worried about Kyungsoo hating his house. It isn’t until Kyungsoo gently puts his flowers in a glass of water that he understands. Jongin turns him around and begins to attack his lips, nibbling softly on the smooth flesh. Kyungsoo opens his mouth and Jongin wastes no time slipping his tongue in. They kiss deeply, passionately, enough that Jongin is pushing Kyungsoo into the kitchen counter just to kiss him harder. Kyungsoo has his hands in the other’s hair, pulling lightly. Jongin breaks the kiss and pulls away, just so they're a breath apart. Jongin intertwines their hands before speaking.

 

“What you did yesterday was beautiful Kyungsoo. I want you to know I loved it so much. Hearing you was the best gift you could ever give me.” Kyungsoo looks at the other fondly, encouraging Jongin to continue. “I feel bad I didn’t answer your confession when you said it to me. You were just so busy and I didn’t want you to get in trouble on my behalf. So I guess- I’ll tell you know. Do Kyungsoo I think I’m falling for you too. I don’t really know what  love is but if this is it, then I’m content. I’ve never wanted to be with someone this badly before, to hold them, talk to them, kiss them. You've really changed me. You can ask Suho and Kris, before you, I never spoke to anyone but them. They actually got me a job at that cafe to get me out more, to get better at socializing. I’m sorry I made you drink coffee all the time. To your credit you drank it like a champ, I never even once thought you disliked it.

 

“My point, Kyungsoo, is that you are important to me. When I wake up in the morning, my first thought is of you. When I am trying to go to sleep at night, I can only think of your heart shaped smile. It almost scares me how much you mean to me and that’s where my anxieties laid. You have the power to get up and walk out of my life without so much as a word and that scared me the most because I don’t think I could handle it. But now I know. I know you won’t leave me like that. You proved that to me yesterday.” Jongin pauses to catch a breath and Kyungsoo softly traces his lips with his fingers.

 

“Thank you for telling me this Jongin. It means a lot to me.” Jongin sighs deeply, like a weight was lifted of his chest. He gently grabs Kyungsoo’s hand and kisses his palm.

 

“Thank you for listening Soo.” There was a few moments of blissful silence before Kyungsoo smiles up at him, leaning in for another kiss. Jongin follows suit and allows Kyungsoo to explore his mouth with his tongue for a few moments before retaliating. Kyungsoo threads his fingers through Jongin’s hair and wraps them around the back of his neck.

 

The smaller male pulls away smirking lightly. “Why don’t we go take a shower? It’s been a long day and it would feel great.”

 

Jongin blinks, eyes going from innocently confused to dark with understanding. His slightly hooded gaze make Kyungsoo shudder. He looks down at Kyungsoo’s lips and smirks as well.

 

“You gonna show me those blowing skills you mentioned a while ago?”


Kyungsoo blushes bright red before shoving the other down a hallway. “Go get in the shower, you .” Jongin’s cheery laughter is heard reverberating down the hallway, the sound of running water following soon after.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M SO SORRY.

I'M SOSOSOSOOSOSOSOSOSOOS SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG OH MY GOD. I WANTED TO FINISH THIS BY CHIRSTMAS BUT I MISSED IT BY LIKE 30 GOD DAMN MINUTES AHSUDKSADFNA Pls forgive me T-T You guys are amazing okay thank you for staying subscribed to this story. It really means a lot to me. I hope you like it! I plan on writing another fic and I promise I'm be more diligent about updates!! Okay well Merry Day-After Christmas! I hope you guys had a good holiday!

(btw i haven't read through for mistakes yet so if you see some I'm sorry! I'll go back and fix it soon!)