Chapter Four (Yoon)

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Jungkook looked around to the view, I checked if everything I had there was still there before walk to his side.

Let’s sit, shall we? - I whispered so I wouldn’t talk louder than his thoughts.

Jungkook looked at me before look behind us to blanket with a box of pizza and two cans on top of it. He looked at me again and nodded. We both walked to the blanket and sat with the food between us.

You can get rid of your shoes. - I told him.

Will you get rid of those high all stars? - He looked at me and I shook my head. - Then I don’t have to get rid of my boots. This isn’t your house.

I smiled to myself of how confident he suddenly became before start putting off my boots and I heard Jungkook doing the same.

Do you have some weird foot ? - Jungkook whispered and I automatically turned my head to him.

No! - I almost screamed.

Why do you always tell me to be on my socks then?

Jungkook was looking at me with a serious face like he was totally confident about getting an answer but quickly opened the pizza box.

I love mushrooms! - He smiled to the pizza.

I’m a little insecure about my height. - I whispered looking at his hand that stopped on its way to get a slice of pizza. - My boyfri- I mean, my ex-boyfriend used to make fun of my height. He was a little smaller than you. Or he just didn’t wear the same boots everyday.

Don’t play bullying on my boots. - I heard a muffled laughter as his hand finally got a slice. - I don’t understand why you’re insecure. Girls smaller than boys are cute.

Well, I’m just too small. - I got myself a slice of pizza and looked at how happy Jungkook looked with his.

If Korea wasn’t a prohibited subject, I’d say this pizza is better than any pizza I ever had in Korea.

I giggled to myself getting another slice. - I got it from my favorite place in town.

We lost ourselves in a conversation. I tried to listen and make questions and not say anything about me. Jungkook always ended his answers with a “what about you?” but I’d just jump to a question about what he just told. It was funny how he tried to avoid Korea in his conversations but it was too hard.

Do you want the last slice? - Jungkook asked pointing at the lonely slice of pizza in the box and I nodded. - Okay.

I got it and looked at the pizza in my hands before bite it and then extended my arm to Jungkook.

We can share it. - I told him.

And between shared bites, I got up with my beer and walked to the end of the balcony. I stood there for a while looking at the view before hear a camera flashing and turned quickly to where Jungkook was sitting.

What was that? - I raised an eyebrow to the camera he had on his hands.

I was just taking a photo. Of my view. - He looked scared and turned his eyes to the camera. - I can delete it, I’m sorry.

No, it’s okay. - I told him and turned to the New York view again. - Why would you take a photo of me, though? - I remembered all the friends I had that just wanted to know about my life. Jungkook couldn’t be like that, could he?

It’s just… It looks beautiful from here. - He whispered.

You should try to see it from my side. You can see more buildings than sitting in there. - I commented.

No. - Jungkook talked louder. - I’m a little more exigent, you know? I don’t want to take a photo of a million of lighting buildings to see it later and think “Oh, this was pretty”. I like photos that give me feelings.

I turned to him again with a raised eyebrow. - How cute of you to tell me you don’t like the view I’m showing you. You said a view minutes ago it was beautiful.

It is. - Jungkook gave me a little smile and I swear I thought he was insane. - One day I’ll look at this photo and remember how I feel seeing you there, plus the beautiful New York view. I don’t need just buildings. I want more. What about a beautiful singer in shorts and pink all stars, looking at the beautiful view I should be focusing on?

It’s not all about being beautiful, Korean Kid. - I turned around again. It was always like that. “What about a beautiful singer in shorts”. Kids always fell for skin. Always fell for beauty. Always fell for fame. And I started to ask myself why would I bring him here if I didn’t know him from anywhere. And he just thought I was pretty and famous like I was everything kids looked for in this city these days.

I know. - His voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter