Ch 1

The River and the Moon

Jeonghan was tired. It was 1 am in the morning and the day had been packed with schedules. It was now that he just wanted some time to relax away from his group mates. Since there were 12 other members, he didn’t get much quiet time and that was all he craved. However, they were all still very active and that quiet time did not seem to be coming any time soon.

    He was nestled on the couch between Mingyu and Vernon who were playing a very intense video game session of FIFA ‘14. Their arguing and yelling was beginning to grate on his nerves and he got up to head into the kitchen to see if it was any quieter before he snapped on them. Before he even made it there, he heard a loud crash come from there and saw Dino being reprimanded by Joshua for being so clumsy with the glass. ‘No. Definitely not the kitchen either.’ He thought to himself and hoped one of the two bedrooms would be quiet. Instead he ran into a dance party with Hoshi, Seungkwan, Jun, DK, and The8 and then a very frustrated Woozi as he was trying to compose another piece of music. A place he definitely did not want to be. He was going to see if he could lock himself in the bathroom for a bit and just listen to music when he bumped into S.Coups in the hallway.

    “Oh my, are you okay? I didn’t hurt you did I?” S.Coups said looking a little worried and taking Jeonghan’s hand. However upon studying his crush’s face he noticed something was up. “What is wrong Jeongie?” He asked as Jeonghan looked defeated at not being able to do what he was hoping. “You all are too noisy right now.” He just muttered and S.coups smiled as he understood how Jeonghan was feeling right now. Being in a house with 12 other teenagers is loud and occasionally annoying, and he definitely understood that as the leader of the group.

    “Tell me about it. Ne, I have an idea. Let’s go for a walk.” He said and dragged Jeonghan to the doorway to put on his shoes. After quietly slipping out the house, his hand still holding securely onto Jeonghan’s as they walked toward the park. When they got to their quiet spot by the Han river he took a deep exaggerated breath and sighed. “Now isn’t this much better? No kids, no noise, just the sounds of nature and maybe the occasional car.” He said grinning at Jeonghan who slid his hand out of S.coups’s grip to stretch and run a hand through his gorgeous long blonde hair. “It will do.” He said with a small smile not wanting to give S.coups the satisfaction of knowing this is just exactly what he wanted.

    However, S.coups was determined to not let Jeonghan’s remark phase him as he was far too used to the game he played with him to not not know he was grateful. Jeonghan took a seat and patted next to him. “Sit with me.” He said and S.coups wasted not a second to plop next to the blonde haired man he found extremely beautiful. He had always been close to Jeonghan since they were born in the same year, but it wasn’t until about 4 months prior to their debut as Seventeen that he started to realize his feelings were beginning to change for the extremely pretty boy he adored so much.

    “The river is pretty tonight…” Jeonghan said curling up and resting his head atop his knees. “It is, but not as pretty as you.” S.coups said boldly scooting closer to him. He had been directly and indirectly flirting with Jeonghan since his feelings had started to change. However, he wasn’t sure if Jeonghan had picked up on the subtle changes in their banter. “Shut up.” He says and playfully hits S.coups flipping some hair out of his face. S.coups always did prefer Jeonghan’s hair down rather than in the ponytail because it just always seemed to frame his face perfectly.

    “Mmm, I love summer. It’s always nice out. It would be the perfect time to bike around and then eat some chicken along the bank. Especially since we don’t have schedules tomorrow. Thank god.” Jeonghan said expressing his need for some fun. “Well then let’s rent some bikes and pick up some chicken. My treat.” S.coups said getting up and dusting off his pants before holding out his hand for Jeonghan to use to help stand up. ‘This guy...’ Jeonghan thought but smiled and took S.coups’s hand. “Sounds like a date.” He said and pushed some stray strands of hair from his face. That didn’t however stop him from noticing a light blush spread on S.coups cheeks and he smirked a little to himself. He knew S.coups had a little crush on him for a while and that his ultimate weakness was when he would play with his hair so he liked to play it up a little from time to time.

    Since S.coups was treating Jeonghan let him hold his hand while they went to go rent the bikes. He thought he had wanted to be alone while relaxing, but he couldn’t deny that being around S.coups made him very happy and he was glad he had dragged him out of the house for some rest and relaxation. His warm hand was very comforting and S.coups’s useless chatter were melting away all his stress. When they got to the rental spot, he couldn’t deny he was a little sad from the loss of contact with Seungcheol, but didn’t really let it show.

    Wasting no time they started their trip along the banks of the Han river, S.coups rode in the front with Jeonghan in the back, his hair flowing in the wind. The blonde catching the pale moonlight and turning it into a silky cream color. S.coups thought if there was any moment that Jeonghan was an angel, tonight would be one of those nights to believe that statement.

    After picking up the chicken they started the trip back to drop off the bikes. Jeonghan was having so much fun. He wrapped his arms around S.coups’s waist and rested his head on his back letting him take control of the bike for a moment. He felt him tense a little and had to hold back a small laugh. ‘Could he get any less subtle with his crush?’ Jeonghan thought to himself with a smile.

    When they had returned the bikes, they found another quiet spot to settle down in to eat. “Ahhh~ This looks delicious.” Jeonghan said to no one in particular. “Thank you Seungcheol!~” He said making a cute kissy face which caused S.coups’s cheeks to heat up again. “No problem.” He managed to mutter and popped a piece of chicken in his mouth. ‘Jeonghan is acting extra cute today….he must be in a good mood. Maybe I should….’ S.coups started to think.

    “Cheolie, open up.” Jeonghan said with a smile and a piece of bite sized chicken secured in his chopsticks for S.coups which caught him off guard. He took the chicken from Jeonghan and smiled with his cheeks full of food. “Yummy!” He managed to get out which made Jeonghan laugh at how adorable he could be. “You’re turn. Ahhhh~” S.coups said and fed Jeonghan a piece of chicken.

    “This was fun. Thank you Seungcheol for taking me out on this date.” Jeonghan said and giggled a bit. It really was like a date from his dreams, a late night picnic along the Han river. S.coups blushed at the word date, but was glad his burning cheeks were hidden by the darkness of night. “No problem.” He said and paused for a moment as if deep in thought. “Ne, Jeonghan. Maybe we should do this more often. Ya know...slip away from the members and do our own thing during our down time.” He said trying to not sound nervous. He knew this was kind of like asking out Jeonghan on future dates, but was still worried that this might be a one sided love. However, Jeonghan could read S.coups way too easily and smiled. “That would be nice hyung.” He said and took S.coups’s hand and brought it to his lips kissing the back of it. “Or should I call you my oppa prince now.” He said trying to stifle back a boat of laughter as he watched S.coups start to radiate red in the moonlight giving him a very cute pink glow. “Yah! Cut it out Jeonghan.” He said getting pouty, but smiled which caused Jeonghan to double over with laughter.

    “Fine. It shall remain hyung.” He said and stretched his lithe body out like a cat before resting his head in S.coups’s lap. “You’re warm.” Jeonghan murmured under his breath and closed his eyes in attempt to take a small nap and enjoy the fresh air outside. S.coups started to play with his hair which was very soothing for him and began humming his favorite children’s lullaby that he would have Seungkwan sing to him when he would be honestly having a rough day.

    “Mmm...you’re too good to me S.coups. I’m really grateful to have you in my life.” Jeonghan said half asleep as S.coups’s nimble fingers that were playing with his hair were too comforting and caused his usual verbal filter to slip. He felt S.coups hand pause with twisting strands of his hair and seemed to go deep into thought about something. “Jeonghan…I know we are friends, but” He began, Jeonghan’s heart skipped a beat as he felt the mood in the air change and sensed S.coups getting a bit more frazzled. “It’s just, and please don’t hate me once I tell you, but I-” S.coups was quieted by Jeonghan putting his finger on his lips.

    “Shhh. Its okay… I know. And I don’t hate you.” He said already knowing what direction this conversation was going to go. His eyes opened and he sat up, sliding to sit on a  stunned S.coups’s lap. “I’ve known that you’ve had a crush on me for a while. You definitely weren’t that subtle about it.” He said and laughed as he felt S.coups’s entire body flush with a blush and watched the boy unravel into a stammer. “I-I-I didn’t know...you knew?? Really? Oh my god but..” He said looking at Jeonghan trying to see if he was just toying with him, but only saw the boy he had fallen for looking beautiful with his signature smile. “Yes. But let me let you in on my secret.” He said and moved so that his lips were only a centimeter away from S.coup’s ear. “I like you too.” He said and watched as S.coups broke into a huge smile. “Oh is that so? Well then I guess you wouldn’t mind if I do this then.” He said and pecked Jeonghan on the cheek. Jeonghan smirked and pulled back enough to rest his forehead against S.coups’s. “Nope. Well at least not when we’re alone. I also wouldn’t mind this.” He said and cupped Seungcheol’s face with his hand kissing him on the lips.

    S.coups’s heart all but stopped before it started pounding in his chest. He had dreamed of kissing Jeonghan’s sweet lips for so long and he was lip locked with what he thought would have only happened in a dream. The kiss was gentle and innocent, but he felt Jeonghan’s emotions behind it. The kiss seemed to last forever, but when they finally broke for air he gave another follow up peck.

    “I love you Jeonghan.” S.coups whispered and entwined his fingers with the boy that had captivated his heart. “You’re such a greasy sap Seungcheol.” Jeonghan said with a grin and pulled away standing up leaving S.coups pouting like a kicked puppy. “Oh don’t look at me like that you big baby. I love you too. But let’s go home now.” He said flipping his hair and extending a hand out to S.coups to get up and head home hand in hand.