Push

Straight as a ruler

“He really did that?”

“Oh yeah, I had to keep pinching myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming”

Kyungsoo sits with wide eyes listening to Yixing’s story of what had happened the previous night. Like Yixing he too couldn’t quite believe that Joonmyun had given him his number like that, in fact he couldn’t believe the whole story. He was just as mystified by Joonmyun’s actions as his poor, confused friend sat across from him.

One thing that did look fishy to Kyungsoo however, was Yixing’s overall reaction to the situation. All these weeks of wanting to something to happen, Kyungsoo would have imagined his reaction to be nothing but his friend bouncing off the walls in pure joy and excitement, yet here Yixing was doing the exact opposite. It actually made Kyungsoo feel slightly concerned that the only reaction Yixing seemed to be showing was confusion with a permanent frown resting on his face.

“I thought you would have been a lot happier than this” he points out

“Honestly? So did I” Yixing admits, “But now it’s just really confusing. Like, I know I’ve had this fantasy of something happening, but then he just gave me his number out of nowhere. Then my mind began thinking of different things and… I don’t know… it’s just really muddled up my brain right now”

The last time Kyungsoo could remember Yixing being so interested in a guy was the first couple of weeks after they had met for the first time. From what Kyungsoo remembered, there had been a guy Yixing was dating back in China, but long distance and the uncertainty of when and if Yixing would return soon ended it. Yixing was heartbroken and since then hadn’t shown any interest in any other men. This was the first time in a while, yet of course Yixing had to fall for a straight guy!

“Enough about that though, I don’t want this to get sappy” Yixing says, cutting Kyungsoo from his thoughts, “Have you called Jongin yet?”

Ah, Kyungsoo knew Yixing would bring this up eventually. Since getting Jongin’s number, Kyungsoo didn’t have the courage to call the guy. Each time he was going to he had the number typed out ready to push the call button, but then he would chicken out and cancel it. It was obvious that Jongin wanted Kyungsoo to call him- why else would he have his number? He just couldn’t work up the courage to actually do it, that was all.

“Ah well… you see… uh”

Yixing rolls his eyes at his friend stumbling over his words, holding out his hand. “Pass me your phone, I’ll call him for you”

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrow as he slowly steps away from Yixing and shakes his head. “What are you planning to do Zhang Yixing?”

“I’m gonna call Jongin for you. My love life is already in shambles and I don’t want you ruining yours because you’re scared. Think of it as a little push” Yixing explains, and now Kyungsoo’s eyes look like they’re about to pop out of their sockets.

“What? Are you crazy? No way! I can call him myself!” he exclaims, jumping away when Yixing lunges for him

“And yet I get the feeling that you’ll never actually do it. Come on, let me call him for you!” Yixing says, lunging for Kyungsoo again as the latter tries to find somewhere to hide.

 

 

Joonmyun was a man on a mission; to go to work and show his co-workers that the failed marriage that never happened was no longer affecting him (like it ever did anyway), and neither was he overworking himself like the, the receptionist and even his boss often expressed worry about. He was perfectly fine, and was going to prove it to them all.

“What do you mean go home? I’ve just arrived!”

Arriving at his office in the morning however, Joonmyun finds his co-workers blocking his way in and when he tries to get through, he has his boss tell him to go home, that they wouldn’t be needing him today.

“Am I being fired?” he asks, steadily growing uneasy

“No, of course not” his boss assures, “It’s just that these past few weeks concerns have been raised over your well-being. Whilst we appreciate what you’re doing for this company, we cannot allow you to go on like this and push your body over its limits”

“But I’m not pushing my body!” Joonmyun protests, “I’m perfectly fine!” though his protests only make his boss look at him like he doesn’t believe him.

After a short conversation, Joonmyun was promptly escorted from the building and told that until he was allowed back to work, he was to stay at home, take it easy, and attend regular appointments with a doctor so that they could keep track of his health. Really, this should have been a chance for Joonmyun to take a step back and evaluate his mind set over the past few weeks, but in reality, it was an actual disaster. Everybody else he knew were all adults as well and worked for a living. It would have been better if he had some work to take home with him during him time off, but even that possibility was take away when a search was made to make sure he could properly relax.

With this being the second time he was escorted out of work, this was not looking good for Joonmyun in front of his colleagues. Reluctantly driving away, there was just one question that continued to whirl around in his mind; what did he do now?


Okay, so, the next two chapters I have written are quite short. Originally I was going to make it a long chapter, but it didn't go well together flow wise so I had to split it. Because of this, I may do a double update today or upload the next chapter tomorrow to make up for how short they are. I still haven't made my mind up yet. 

Until the next chapter!