Hello

Endings and beginnings
Roommate filming ended late March and it was weird for both Jackson and YoungJi. They were so used to seeing one another once every fortnight and they would bicker every single time. It's not only about the bickering which they miss though, it's more about the memories made, stories shared and the unity when it comes down to being silly. It felt like it was written in the book of fate that they were both meant for one another. Their personality matches so perfectly and they are in sync when they are together. Every roommate family, every friends they meet and every fans they greet would say they are destined to get married. Afterall, the threats from DongWook and GookJu no longer felt like a threat - more of a suggestion. Everyone expected a happy ending for both of them ; not now but maybe three years later when Jackson's no dating promise is over. 
 
The attraction between them was not a secret anymore. It became more obvious when they couldn't stop texting one another day in day out. Even their names were saved in a way that when someone sees it, a raised eyebrow would be the automatic reaction.
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy ; Ji Ji, what are you doing today?
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : Hmpp what do you think? 
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy : Dreaming of me? 
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : That's not even a dream. More like a nightmare 매롱 (:P) 
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy : Yah neo jinjja kaesuk ireokkae ( Are you seriously gonna continuously be like this?) 
 
Mushroom YoungJing ( 영징) : Eung 
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy : Aish jinjja (seriously) miwo (hate) you
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : You can never hate me Wang Jackson 
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy : Watch me 
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : How near or how far do you want me to watch it from? 
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy : You really aren't letting me live an easy life huh?
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : KeKe 
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy : I hate you so much 
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : I can definitely feel the hate 
 
That's how their conversation's like every single day. Jackson will say he hates her or YoungJi will say she hates him. Though both of them know it's now true nor is it possible. Whenever things got tough for Jackson during practice or when he misses his mum a lot, he would often talk to YoungJi. She makes him smile. The lame conversation they have were incomprehensible for others who read it but for them, it's typical. They understood each other perfectly and what else can they ask for right? The daily conversation continued on for 3 months after roommate ended. Though it's the end of roommate, it didn't leave such a huge empty space since they each had each other's company. 
 
YoungJi was puzzled though as to what exactly they are. People around her says that the way they talk to one another every single hour resembled a couple in a relationship. The problem is, Jackson has never mentioned anything about having feelings for her nor did she mention too. She did get butterflies whenever he calls her in the meddle of the night at 3am and at times when he asked about her well-being, she could feel her heart beating and her cheeks getting warmer.
 
"YoungJi-yah, come here, I've got something to talk about."
 
"Dae unnie, what is it about?"
 
"Just wondering, what's going on with you and Jackson?" 
 
"Nothing unnie, we're just friends."
 
"Friends?"
 
"Okay, maybe not friends but best friends."
 
"Right, best friends do text each other day and night."
 
"Unnie, what are you implying?"
 
"I just think you guys are not best friends though. I would call it some relationship."
 
" Unnie, we don't even have feelings for one another."
 
"Have you asked?"
 
"No, isn't it obvious we're strictly just friends?"
 
With one eyebrow raised and a grin Hara replied " Nope, you may lie to yourself YoungJi but you can't lie to others. Everyone knows (literally) both of you like one another. Admit it. It makes your life easier."
 
"Urgh Unnie why are you doing this to me?"
 
"I just don't want you to get hurt. If you like him, that's fine with me. Don't delay and ignore your feeling. That's not healthy."
 
"Okay Unnie, yes I think I like Wang Jackson. Gosh I can't believe I'm saying this out loud." 
 
"I KNEW IT!!!"
 
"Joshimhae (be careful) don't let the matter get to big though. Some is okay, but no to relationships."
 
"Unnie, how can it be a some if it's only me liking him."
 
"Ask him about his feelings."
 
"You know I can never do that."
 
So, Jackson's true feelings will remain as a mystery. YoungJi does not have the courage to ask him about what's the status of their rela/friendship. She liked how they were right now. She wouldn't want to risk it merely because she was curious. She promised herself to keep it that way. Even if he doesn't know her true feelings, it's alright as long as he's next to her when she needs someone to talk to. 
 
Her daily routine was basically Pilates, Practice, talk to Jackson at night for a month. Preparing for KARA's comeback is indeed difficult. Comeback means there was going to be a concert in the second half of the year. The constant long hours of recording and dancing makes her tired but happy. She's happy to be able to stand on stage again and perform. 
 
Jacksong (잭송) puppy : JiJi congrats on your comeback!! I watched the MV and it was A+! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!! 
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : Thank you!! 
Eung see you on Sunday WangKong!
 
Sunday came and they finally met. YoungJi was with her KARA unnies when there was a knock on the door. She opened the door slightly and can already smell that familiar cologne smell - Wang Jackson cologne smell.
 
"Annyeonghasaeyo Nuna! Congratulations on your comeback! I brought some bagel and fruit juices. Enjoy it."
 
"Aigoo thank you Jackson. We'll eat it deliciously."
 
"Can I borrow YoungJi for a while? I need to talk to her."
 
Hara and Seungyeon looked at one another and grin while Gyuri answered Jackson "Sure take all the time you need."
 
They both went out and Jackson gave YoungJi a bear hug
 
"Yah Wang Jackson what are you doing?"
 
"Giving a supportive hug."
 
"We're in public for goodness sake."
 
"So? Everyone knows I'm close to everyone."
 
"Yeah whatever Wang Jackson. Can I go now?"
 
"Fine."
 
During their comeback promotion, there has been lots of question about Jackson though roommate is over. She would explain that they are still close friends and contact one another at times. She even had to send him a video message. She told him to take care of his meals and to stay healthy. She was proud to have Jackson as a friend. Despite having good intention, she received hate from his fans. They said that he didn't need her well wishes and that she should stop acting close to him since roommate is over. Their words were really disgusting. They curse her over the small things and fights happened between those who liked Jackson and YoungJi together as well as those who didn't like the pair together. It was chaotic on both his and hers Instagram. She wanted to talk to him about it but knowing Jackson, she knows that he would just brush it off as though it's nothing. The amount of hate was too much for YoungJi to handle ; coming from KARA OT5 and JackJi haters. She was stressed out - admitted to the hospital and had insomnia. Her appetite was getting worse too. Jackson stopped texting her for a while too. He was busy with his comeback promotion and appearing on all kinds of variety show. She tried texting to ask about his condition but she gets a one word reply the next day saying he's okay. It made her sad ; how hours of texting suddenly turned into just a couple of minutes. She asked herself, is this the end for them but when she thought about it again, they didn't even start anything in the first place. She was the one who believed Hara thinking that they are probably in a some relationship.
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : I hope you're well. It's sad how we are both busy and couldn't catch up with one another. 
 
Few hours later,
 
Jackson : Sorry, yeah just busy. Probably won't be able to talk to you for awhile and I need to head to the jungle next month. See you around 
 
Mushroom YoungJing (영징) : Yeah I guess we won't be able to talk for a wnile
 
The tone in his message was too formal for Jackson's standard. She felt the distance between them. She needs to give her all and focus on her career. That's the most important thing right now. Not Wang Jackson. She snapped out of her thoughts when her phone rang. A call from her manager
 
That's weird 
 
"Hello, oppa is anything wrong?"
 
"Ahh YoungJi, get ready, I'll pick you up and we need to head to the company to discuss some stuff."
 
"Ah alright."
 
YoungJi felt a little panicky. She was worried that her company called her over because of her whatever ship with Jackson since too many reporters and friends have been talking about it. She managed to compose herself by saying its alright, nothing will go wrong. When her manager arrived 10 minutes later, his expression was normal and that made YoungJi feel slightly better. The ride to the company was 15 minutes long but it felt as long as an hour. 
 
Upon arriving in the conference room, there was man wearing a black tee with khakis waiting for her. She greeted him politely with her famous smile. He introduced himself as a director and said he would like if YoungJi were to participate in his upcoming web drama. He was impressed by her acting skills in VIXX error music video as well as the Romeo and Juliet enactment during roommate. 
 
"I tried to cast HongBin for the drama but unfortunately during the period when we need to film, he would be very busy. It's a waste but I've found another actor which I believe has potential ; Han Kiwoong, do you know him?"
 
"Not personally but I've watched his drama before."
 
"That's good, at least you wouldn't be unfamiliar. Still a pity though - I thought you had a great chemistry with HongBin and the 3 minutes plus didn't do much justice."
 
"That's too big of a compliment but thank you for thinking highly of me."
 
"Don't be so modest. Aigoo. The line up is more or less done, three boys republic member and a few other cast members. You'll get the whole list soon and we will meet in around 2 weeks time for the scriptreading."
 
"Dae, I'm looking forward to it."
 
"See you YoungJi."
 
She took out her phone and scrolled through her contacts ; thinking who should she share this good news with. She thought Jackson would be too busy and probably wouldn't react much so, she skipped his name. Thinking about what the director said, she chose the name of someone who she hasn't talked to for months. 
 
She sent the message, looked out the window and coincidental or not, a boys republic song played an exaggerated version of exactly what she was feeling 
 
 

Hello How’ve You Been?
How’ve you been? I wanna ask you hundreds of more times
Are you doing well even without a guy (girl) like me?
I’m hurting so much

Hello How Are You Doing?
I secretly look at your timeline
After you left
Like an endless maze
I linger by your side

When I hear the bell (ringtone)
I get uselessly excited
Thinking it might be you
It’s still hard to let you go

 
 

Hello, I’ll say to the wind
So you can hear
Hello, will you answer me?
Lonely tears fall
Like an echo that has returned
Hello Hello Hello
Hello Hello Hello
Again today

Lyrics from: http://popgasa.com/2015/06/05/boys-republic-hello/

Song: Boys republic hello and the words in the bracket are placed to fit in with the situation