one

Everything Has Changed

A/N: note that i made the time skip to november because we need to get right to the arguement!


everything has changed : chapter one

 

      It was a cold November night, the tree leaves no longer stood still on the branches, there were no longer warm days. Instead, it looked like a winter wonderland. Batches if snow were laid out on the ground, the benches were occupied by couples, snowmen from here and there and the almighty Christmas tree was visible at the centre of the place. Bomi was amazed at the beauty of the plaza, it had never appeared to be like this on any other occasion other than Christmas.


   Christmas; the celebration of Jesus’ birth and where families and friends share smiles and joy with each other – not to mention exchange gifts. Bomi always loved this season but this year, something wasn’t right. The gang had been arguing constantly and Bomi didn’t know what reason there was to quarrel about. It felt like they were breaking apart bit by bit, every single day. Every time she called for Baekhyun to talk about serious matters like they usually did, he said he was busy or he was with somone right now. Luhan grew up to be a sweet and loving angel – he was but Bomi seemed to notice that he was irritated by her presence and that made her feel a pinch of hurt sprinkle on her heart. Chorong was what she had left, though they rarely had time to talk with the graduation preparations, at least she had somebody. 

 

She reached the Byuns’ House after twenty minutes of thinking. The four decided to meet up at Baekhyun’ house to clear up this mess they all made. Bomi didn’t think it would go too well.

 

 

 

The four were now sitting on Baekhyun’s sofa with various facial expressions plastered on their faces. Luhan had a sweet yet awkward smile on his, Chorong wore a faint smile, Bomi with a small grin and Baekhyun with worriesome eyes and a small frown set upon his lips. 


“G-guys, we need to talk.” He began, stammering in the beginning which made Chorong concerned – Baekhyun never stuttered unless it was something important. What could’ve been the problem?


“We need to stop being friends – I mean, you guys can stay with Luhan-Hyung. Just, un-friend me...”

 

With that speech, that short speech made Yoon Bomi feel fire starting to grow in her stomach. 

 

“You! You’re throwing away eleven years of hardship and strong friendship! What exactly has run through your mind that you would take the heart to do this-” She scoffed, a bitter feeling rising in her tone. “Oh right, you don’t have a heart,” Chorong tried to calm her down by rubbing the palm of her hands but she herself felt betrayed at the sense of selfish-ness Baekhyun was giving off. “And perhaps, somone influenced you to throw away the eleven years of friendship we have? Was it Kim Taeyeon? Was it Lee Sunkyu? I’m pretty ing sure it was Taeyeon, Baekhyun!” She shrugged off from Chorong’s grasp and stepped forward to Baekhyun, pushing him a bit and looking him in the eye. “If you want to end this oh-so-wonderful friendship, count me in because this,” She chuckled sadly, “Just proves how much you didn’t value our friendship. I’m out.” 

 

Bomi took one last glance at Baekhyun then displaying a faux smile to Luhan and Chorong. She put her bag’s strap over her shoulder and walked out with a heavy heart.

 

Chorong sighed in disappointment, “Good job, Baekhyun-ssi.” Ouch. “I think i’ll get along now, don’t wanna intrude in a mere schoolmate’s house.” She locked gazes with Luhan, him understanding the sign, he nodded but with a sad glint in his soft gaze. “Uhm, we’ll see you soon, Baekhyun-ssi.”


That night was supposed to be special; yet the ever so prosaic Byun Baekhyun just had to make the most massive mistake in his life. Losing his two best friends and his secret lover, never once thinking that Yoon Bomi would have the urge to leave him, permanently.