prologue

Everything Has Changed

everything has changed : prologue

 

   “Okay, this is middle school we’re talking about. Year 7, the junior class of middle school – y’all should set yourselves as role models for younger students-”

  
     And as usual, the cheeky Byun Baekhyun would always have something to talk about. “Don’t year 8 sunbaes have to do that?” Hiding a little amused snort by seeing Mrs. Seo just a tad bit irritated. He thought that she was used to his antics already but apparently, after four years of teaching Baekhyun, she still couldn’t handle his most dreaded characteristics; his stubborness and his silly self. But that was what Byun Baekhyun was – without that silly and childish side, Baekhyun wouldn’t be Baekhyun at all.


Right after his seatmate heard his muffled laughter, he kicked his legs and threw a small but hard punch on his arm. That was Lu Han. Everybody got used to calling him Luhan despite the fact that they were calling him by his full name. He was the sweet teacher’s pet who all girls admired. Luhan was by far the most mature in the group of friends they had, he was a total angel. 

 

From two tables behind sat two little girls. One with brunette curls and the other with jet black straight hair, amused grins painted on their faces as their eyes formed small crescents. Everyone was amused by Byun Baekhyun; he made people happy. 

 


The four of them met seperately on the different stages of the seasons; beautifully meeting each other at a spring morning when the flowers are blossoming; encountering one another on a fun-filled summer day. They thought they would last forever, but then again, they all say that forever didn’t exist in a world like their’s. On fall, the pairs had clashed on a warm fall afternoon with red cheeks and ears, gloves and hats and a bright smile starting to form on their faces. It felt right to meet – like fate brought them together.

 

This year was the last year of the four in high school; the bumps in the road were rather abundant but still they made it through. That is, until the night of November, a snowy winter season, strike on midnight, everything seemed to be falling apart.

 

And then, everything has changed.