Ordinary People

True Love's Kiss

    Youngjae leaned heavily against the counter, releasing a loud yawn as he stared blankly at the cafe entrance. It was a Sunday and Sundays were the slowest day for business. They had a few customers in the early morning, stopping in to grab a coffee before work and then be on their way. Other than that the cafe was barren, save for a couple that was currently preoccupied with each other's tongues. 

   He let out another yawn, his gaze shifting over to watch the couple who had completely forgotten the frappuchinos they'd ordered upon arrival. The two were regulars, Zelo and Jongup knew them from dance classes. Youngjae just knew them as the grossly cute couple who didn't seem to have any problem displaying their affections for the world to see. The brunette wondered if he'd be that way in a relationship? He didn't think so. The idea of being that touchy feely in public made him a little embarrassed. Maybe it was different when you were in love. 

    Youngjae had had his share of relationships, but none had ever lead to anything serious. He just couldn't find anyone that really clicked. Daehyun though, he was different from other people Youngjae had been interested in. He didn't want to rush into anything too soon of course, but he was really starting to like the silent male. They'd stayed up until the wee hours of the morning texting, and they both had to work early. Youngjae hoped Daehyun wasn't too terribly exhausted, they were planning to hang out once they were both off.

    "Enjoying the show?" Zelo laughed, leaning down beside the older male. "I bet if you ask Hobi will teach you a thing or two, you know so you can really impress Daehyun when you..."

   Youngjae shoved a hand over Zelo's mouth, it was way too early for the younger male's erted ideas. What had happened to the innocent little boy he'd worked with a year ago? Youngjae sighed, the boy wasn't even legal yet. 

    "Ack!" He pulled his hand away, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

    Zelo had his hand and was now bent over hugging his stomache tight as he laughed at his elder's misfortune. Youngjae rolled his eyes and moved over to wash his hands. 

    "Sorry hyung." The blonde grinned, finally managing to calm himself. "Your face was so funny though!"

    "You're gross." Youngjae replied simply, returning to the counter and leaning against it again. "Ugh....it's so slow."

     He glanced up at the clock, groaning loudly when he realized it wasn't even lunchtime yet. He wasn't free until three thirty and it was only ten in the morning. Busy days were hell, but at least time went by quickly. Slow days could be nice because they could get away with doing nothing, but it could also be annoying as hell. 

    "Sooooo.....did you stay up late talking to you know who? I mean you seem pretty tired...so either you were studying..orrrrrr" Zelo asked, grabbing a cup and beginning to mix something together.

    "I might have." Youngjae shrugged, blinking when Zelo shoved his finished concoction at him. "What did you put in there?"

    "I'll take that as a yes and just taste it! It'll wake you up for sure!"

    Youngjae gave the blonde a suspicious look but decided to taste the drink anyway. It really wasn't too bad, but Zelo could have toned it down on the sugar just a little bit. He was really tired though, so if it'd wake him up then at least he wouldn't be falling asleep on Daehyun later on. He wanted to be able to enjoy their first time actually hanging out and not just stopping by workplaces or texting.

   "So what'd you guys talk about?" Zelo asked, glancing over at the entrance for a second to make sure no customers had arrived before looking back at Youngjae.

    "Just the normal twenty questions type stuff." Youngjae shrugged. "He's a music major from Busan, he's a second year and transferred from the University he attended near home last year. He's living with his cousin and his cousin's live in boyfriend. He works at that record store across the street and his cousin is the manager. His birthday is in June and he's older since he was born in ninety three, and he really really loves to eat."

    "Oh that's cool." Zelo replied, leaning back against the counter. "But really though.....why doesn't he talk?"

    Youngjae rolled his eyes at the younger. "I didn't ask because that would be really rude. If Daehyun wants me to know, he'll tell me. I mean it could be a really sensitive topic."

   "But you'll tell me once he tells you right?" Zelo asked.

     Youngjae was about to respond when a tray of cookies was shoved in his face. He blinked at the cookies for a moment and then glanced up to see Jin, one of his fellow coworkers staring at him with huge eyes. 

    "I need your opinions!" Jin smiled. "I was going to ask Yoongi.....but I can't find him."

    "Last I saw he was back in the stock room sleeping." Zelo replied, grabbing a cookie from the tray and taking a bite. 

   "Again?" Jin sighed handing the tray off to Zelo. "I'll go get him, his break was over twenty minutes ago. Tell Jimin and Jhope to stop making out, I want their opinion too."

    Youngjae watched Jin go and then turned back to the tray, grabbing one of the cookies and taking a bite. It tasted like chocolate chip, but there was also caramel added into the mix. He nodded his approval, finishing off the cookie and giving Zelo a pat on the back.

    "I'll let you handle the love birds, but make it quick...I'm taking my break as soon as you get back."

---

    Business had managed to pick up a little by noon, but it was still farely slow for the next few hours. Youngjae had decided to spent his time staring at the clock, as if staring would make time move faster or something. 

   "He have a date or something?" Jin asked, watching as Youngjae glared at the clock hanging up on the wall.

   "Yeah his mysterious silent stalker is coming by and then they're hanging out or something." Zelo replied, glancing over at Youngjae as well and shaking his head.

   "You mean Daehyun?" Jin asked, raising an eyebrow. 

   "Wait!" Zelo spun around, grabbing Jin by the shoulders and staring at him with wide eyes. "You know Mr. Silent?"

   "Yeah we met at the beginning of the school year." The brunette replied. "We have a math class together. He comes over to study a lot and he's kind of my guinea pig for new recipes. He reeeeaaally likes food, but then again...so do I. He didn't tell me that he finally got the guts to talk to Youngjae though."

    "Yeah day before yesterday." Zelo nodded. "I'm glad though, he seems nice."

---

   Youngjae let out a loud cheer when the hands on the clock finally showed three oclock, that meant he only had thirty more minutes left to work. Daehyun also got off around this time, so the older male would probably be coming by soon. He was excited, but also just a little bit nervous. Hanging out in person was so different from texting. What if he did something stupid? 

    The brunette shook his head, he was being ridiculous. Besides this wasn't a date, they were just two friends hanging out and getting to know each other. He took in a deep breath and began to straighten his shirt, turning around just as a jingle sounded from the doorway and in walked the boy who had been on his mind the majority of the day. 

   "Hey!" Youngjae grinned, eyes raking over the older male as he approached the counter. He was wearing a pair of glasses, and had changed from his work shirt into a plain white shirt and a slouchy grey cardigan. Now Youngjae didn't feel so silly for bringing another shirt along with him to work today. He'd have felt a bit odd in his work attire, when Daehyun had obviously put in a little more effort.

    "It's really empty in here." Daehyun wrote down onto his notepad, sliding it over to Youngjae as he looked around the cafe.

    "Yeah it's normally like this on Sundays." Youngjae smiled. "Well I get off in a few minutes anyway, I'll get Zelo to cover the counter. I'm gonna go get my stuff."

    Youngjae quickly changed from his work shirt into a black vneck and black cardigan, the weather was getting colder but still not cold enough for an actual jacket just yet. He sighed softly and began to fuss with his hair, jumping a bit when the bathroom door opened. 

    "You're still in here?" Zelo asked, looking Youngjae up and down and shaking his head. "You look fine. You should probably get going though. Jin is making Daehyun try his cookies."

    "Yeah yeah, I'm going." Youngjae laughed, turning to fix his hair once more before heading out of the bathroom.

     Zelo had been right, Jin was standing outfront grinning widely as Daehyun chowed down on one of his cookies. The pink haired boy seemed to enjoy the flavor from the look on his face. Youngjae chuckled and headed over to the two, he'd clocked out before heading into the bathroom to change so they could leave now if Daehyun was done eating. 

    "Oh! Looking good Youngjae. Of course you're still not as pretty as me, but you're close." Jin grinned, leaning over and patting the boy on the shoulder.

    "Pffft no one is as pretty as you Jin." Youngjae joked, glancing back to Daehyun who was now staring at him while still chewing on the cookie. The brunette chuckled, he looked silly with his cheeks puffed out like that. Kind of like a chipmunk or something.

    "I'm ready if you are." He said again, and Daehyun seemed to snap out of his daze.

    The pink haired boy nodded his head and smiled, waving at Jin before grabbing Youngjae's arm and heading toward the door. Youngjae shook his head, turning to wave to Jin as well as Zelo who had come over to steal another cookie.

   "Have fun!" Youngjae heard them both yell as he and Daehyun headed out of the cafe and out onto the sidewalk.

    Once they were out of the cafe Daehyun let go of Youngjae's arm and pulled his phone from his pocket, typing a message and then handing the phone to the younger male.

    "It's easier to text when walking than to write. :3 Anyway....you look really nice. Where do you wanna go first?"

    Youngjae smiled and shrugged his shoulders, handing the phone back to Daehyun. "How about we just wander until we find a place?" He suggested, shoving his hands into his pockets and allowing his eyes to scan the area around them.

    There were several restaurants nearby, and even an arcade. He was kind of hungry, and he was sure Daehyun probably was as well. The older male had told him all about how much he loved food the night before, so he figured they could probably eat anywhere and Daehyun would be happy. Maybe they could eat and then hit up the arcade later on? He hadn't had time to go lately, so it could be fun.

    He glanced up when Daehyun nudged him gently, handing him his cellphone again. "Sorry, got caught thinking." He grinned, glancing down to read the message.

    "What about Korean bbq and then we can go to the arcade or something?" The message read and Youngjae immediately burst out into laughter. It seemed as though the two had been riding each other's brain wave or something. Maybe Daehyun was secretely a mind reader.

    "That sounds great." Youngjae smiled, handing the phone back. "I know a really good Korean bbq place nearby too. Oh....and I didn't say it yet...but you look really good too."

---

    Youngjae didn't know why he had been so nervous. He'd only been hanging out with Daehyun for maybe an hour, but he honestly was beginning to feel like he'd known the older male for years. There was still a lot to learn about the other, but they were having a blast playing twenty questions and sharing stupid stories. Youngjae found out that Daehyun had a math class with Jin and the two hung out quite a bit. Maybe he'd have to pick Jin for some info. If he ever needed it anyway. 

    "So you use sign language at home?" The brunette asked, leaning over the table and looking upon Daehyun with curiosity. "That sounds a lot more convenient than texting or writing down everything you have to say."

    Daehyun shrugged as he typed and then slid the phone across the table. "Yeah, but not everyone knows sign language so I normally just assume they don't. It's easier that way, though conversation goes a lot faster when they do."

    "Teach me." Youngjae smiled, chuckling softly when Daehyun's eyes widened slightly. "I'm serious. I'm having a lot of fun hanging out with you, but I figure if we're gonna do this more often I should make an effort to be able to communicate with you easier right?"

    "You really don't have to." Daehyun typed. "I honestly don't mind texting or writing things."

    "Teach me." Youngjae said again, wrapping some beef into a piece of lettuce and taking a bite.

     "Okay...I'm not that good at teaching though." 

     Youngjae shrugged his shoulders and slid the phone back to Daehyun after reading the message. "That's okay, I'm already planning to look into actual classes or something. But why not start now?"

    Daehyun shook his head, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he began typing something on his phone again. Youngjae watched, smiling when the phone was slid over to him again. "You're too nice." The message read and when he glanced up Daehyun slowly began to show him the signs for each word.

---

    The arcade was closed by the time the two finally left the restaurant, but Youngjae really didn't mind. Daehyun had taught him quite a few words and phrases, and was now signing to him on occasion instead of typing everything on his phone. Youngjae was still a bit slow at it, but he figured he'd get better with practice.  He loved learning languages, English, Japanese, and French being a few that he actively studied in his free time. Now sign language could be added onto that list as well. 

    "I kinda wish I'd brought my camera a long." Youngjae smiled. "You've had this huge grin on your face ever since we left the restuarant and I bet it'd be a great picture." 

    "Yeah right." Daehyun sighed, gently nudging the younger male. 

    "I'm serious." Youngjae laughed. "I bet you're really photogenic."

    Photography was another deep passion of his, and was the entire reason he'd decided to major in art. He wanted to hopefully open up his own business one day, this of course meant taking boring business classes as well. Youngjae was amazed at how many times he'd changed his mind about his future though. When he was in elementary school he wanted to be a profession gamer. The for a short while in highscool he'd wanted to be a singer, but then he'd discovered photography and he suddenly didn't want to do anything else.

    Daehyun had told him that he'd always loved music, and never wanted to do anything else. If he couldn't be a professional musician, then he'd teach. So long as he was doing something with music he could be happy. There was something slightly off when Daehyun had talked to him about this though. His eyes looked sad and Youngjae wondered why.

    Youngjae stopped walking when he realized Daehyun was no longer beside him. 

   "Hey what's up?" He asked, turning around and heading back to where Daehyun was standing. The brunette could hear music playing as he got closer, there across the street a small crowd had gathered around a man playing his guitar as he sang along. He'd been so deep in thought that he hadn't even noticed it. He glanced back to Daehyun who had his eyes closed, his body swaying along with the melody. 

     Youngjae smiled and looked back across the street, listening as the man continued to play. His voice was deep and soulfull, a very nice match with his gentle acoustic guitar. The song soon came to an end though and the crowd began to clap, Youngjae turned to look at Daehyun who's eyes were now open again. He wasn't clapping though, instead the male looked like he was trying to hold himself together. 

   "You alright?" Youngjae asked, tilting his head to the side and looking upon the older male with worry.

    Daehyun nodded his head, but it was obvious that he was lying. Still he pulled his phone from his pocket, taking a deep breath and typing something before handing the item to Youngjae.

    "I wish I could sing..."

 


 

A/N

Ahhhhh! Sorry this took so long!!!!!! But here it is! Hope everyone enjoys it! :3 Yasss I added in BTS bbs because I love them and thought they'd be fun to have as some fun support characters. I just love the idea of Yoongi neglecting his duties and napping his entire shift hehehe! Also he totally challenges Zelo to rap battles on a regular basis just so yah know! Also I really need to update the tags for this fic, so I'mma do that soon haha. Also kinda sad at the end of the chappie, Dae is an emotional little cinnamon roll who needs some hugs. He misses singing. T.T