The Cute Silent Guy

True Love's Kiss

    Youngjae was convinced that he knew the face of every customer. He had been employed at the small cafe since he was a Junior in highschool, and the majority of customers he served soon became regulars. The shop had a wonderful warm atmosphere that customers loved, especially around autumn. The smell of coffee and cinnamon pumpkin cookies wafting through the front door, it was impossible to visit and never want to visit again. That's why he was so surprised when he heard Zelo comment on the man making his way inside.

    "I wonder if he'll order something this time, he's been coming in every day this week, and he just sits in the corner and types on his laptop." The blonde stated, leaning against the counter and watching as the new customer dug around in his pocket.

    "Oh! Looks like he's got money! I'll leave this one to you Jae!" The tall boy pulled away from the counter and headed into the back to put some more cookies in the oven.

    "Hello and welcome to Mato Castle Cafe!" The brunette greeted, forcing a bright smile onto his face. "My name's Youngjae, what can I interest you in today?" 

    The man just smiled in reply, holding one finger up before looking up at the menu and eyeing the cakes displayed inside the glass case beside the register. Youngjae took the short moment to really take in the man's appearance. He was about his own height and looked to be around the same age as well. Youngjae wasn't the best at guessing age though, looks could be deceiving. For all he knew the man before him was some forty-year-old creep, he kind of doubted it though. 

    A soft cough snapped him from his daze and he realized that the man was staring at him, that bright smile back on his face again. He looked similar to a kitten, his cheeks forming little wrinkle like whiskers when he smiled. Damn this guy was definitely a cutie! Youngjae was a bit confused though, the guy wasn't saying a thing. Had he completely missed his order? Did he zone out again?

    "Ah....could you repeat that?" He asked, blinking confusedly when the man slid a piece of paper in his direction. "Oh...ok..." The brunette looked down at the paper, finding the order and a name written down. Well, this was something that didn't happen every day, and now he felt a little rude for zoning out and probably making the poor guy uncomfortable.

    "Sorry!" He apologized. "I didn't realize....ah anyway I'll get your order in right away...." He glanced down at the paper again. "Daehyun!"

    The brunette immediately set about getting Daehyun's order ready, his coworker Jongup heading over to run the cash register while he worked.  A chai tea latte and one cheesecake, not a slice, but an entire cheesecake, he wondered if Daehyun was planning to eat the entire thing himself. Not that it was any of his business or anything. Maybe the guy just had a big appetite, or he really loved cheesecake. 

    "Alright!" Youngjae smiled, heading back to where Daehyun stood waiting for his order. "One chai tea latte and a cheesecake. Will you be needing a bag?" The man shook his head, flashing him another small smile before heading off to a table.

    Youngjae watched him sit down and pull a textbook from his bag, looking through it as he dug into the cheesecake. So it seemed as though Daehyun was a college student, and it also seemed as though he'd be finishing off the entire cheesecake himself. They did have some pretty damn good cheesecake though, so he couldn't really blame him for wanting to eat the entire thing.

    "You know I'm still surprised mister silent finally decided to order something," Zelo said, heading over to stand beside Youngjae and watch Daehyun as he ate. "He came in for the first time on Monday, and he's come in every day since then. Normally he just studies....though I occasionally see him watching you. Looks like you got a stalker hyung!" 

    "Get back to work you oversized baby! Someone's gotta bake the cookies around here!" Youngjae replied, lightly smacking his younger friend on the shoulder and turning to wipe the counter. 

    "Hey Jongup! Wanna bake some cookies in the back with me?" Zelo asked, waggling his eyebrows at his other coworker and earning a scoff from Youngjae.

    "Can I eat one of them?" Jongup asked, completely missing the innuendo and earning a sigh from his younger coworker.

    "Yeah, just come on before Youngjae kills me....he's giving me the death stare!" 

    Youngjae rolled his eyes, watching the two head into the back before returning to his cleaning. It was pretty slow at the moment so he could spend his time pretending to clean while he snuck a few glances at the new customer. Zelo had said the guy had been coming in all week, Youngjae wondered why he'd never noticed him before. Maybe because he never ordered? Or maybe his hair had been different then, so he blended in better or something. The brunette shook his head, it didn't really matter anyway. 

    One thing did make him curious though. Zelo had said that Daehyun liked to watch him from time to time, he wondered if he could catch him. The brunette smirked slightly, continuing his cleaning charade and glancing over at the pink haired male every few seconds. It didn't take long before he glanced up, eyes locking with Daehyun's. The male looked immediately flustered and looked back down at his book, earning a soft chuckle from Youngjae. 

    "Hook line and sinker!" He snickered, continuing his game a few more times before he had to tend to some more customers. 

    The cafe was busy for the next hour or so, but Youngjae managed to glance over at Daehyun's table a few times during that time. Though he was a bit disappointed when he came back from an errand to find Daehyun not at his seat and belongings gone. There was just something intriguing about the other male, he wasn't sure if it was the fact he didn't talk or his good looks. Maybe a little of both. Or maybe it was the fact that he had managed to draw him in without even saying a word. That in itself was pretty impressive. 

    "Hey hyung!" Jongup rushed over to his side, pulling a piece of paper from his pocket. "The quiet guy gave me this to give to you before he left."

    "Ohhhhh! Is it a phone number?" Zelo asked, popping up beside him. "Though it might be kind of awkward talking to someone who doesn't say anything....well you could text...."

    "He says he really enjoyed the cheesecake and that he'll definitely come back again," Youngjae said, looking up at his two friends. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he was excited to see Daehyun again. 

    "Ohhhhhhhh!" Zelo laughed, poking Youngjae's cheek as a blush began to form. "Hyung has a cruuuuuush!" He sang, Jongup soon joining in.

    "I do not!" Youngjae huffed, tossing the paper in the trash. "Get back to work!" 

    The younger males did as they were told, but spent the rest of their shift teasing their elder. It was hilarious to see him get so mad about it, and it made him even more obvious. Youngjae was totally crushing on the cute silent guy, and it was now their job to attempt to push the two together.


 

A/N

Chapter one!!!!!!!! I hope you all enjoy it and look forward to the second which will focus on Daehyun. :3 We'll get to see why he's so silent. ahahaha!