Chapter 2

What a Beautiful Mess This Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s a challenge for Kyungsoo to tear his eyes away from Jongin’s but he manages, albeit hesitantly. Instead, he moves to the table to clear out his used plates and suddenly remembers his manners. “, I’m being rude. You want something to drink?”

 

He goes to the fridge before Jongin can answer. Scanning the contents, he calls over, “I have water. And milk.” He picks up the carton and crinkles his nose when he sees it's eight days past the expiration date. “Nope, only water,” he amends, adding the carton to the bulging pile in his trash can. Something catches his eye at the far end of the bottom shelf. Squatting down, he murmurs to himself how a bottle of cranberry juice could have possibly ended up in there. “And cranberry juice.”

 

He stands to find Jongin leaning against the doorway, looking clearly amused and Kyungsoo is granted a full view of his frame, all broad-shoulders, narrow hips with legs for days. He’s struck again by how attractive Jongin is and  Kyungsoo feels uneasy all of a sudden. “So uh, what’ll it be?”

 

“You don’t really have to. But juice is fine.” Kyungsoo grabs a glass and notes that its one of only three left that’s still clean. He places it on the dining table and motions for Jongin to sit as he pulls a chair for himself. “Sorry for scheduling this early, but I still have work in approximately…” Kyungsoo squints at the clock hanging on the opposite wall, “forty-five minutes. So we’ll have to hurry this up”.

 

“It’s fine, sir.” He sits down and takes a swig of juice before picking out a white folder from his messenger bag, ruffling through the contents. The way Jongin is at his lips, tongue lingering at the corner for a few seconds, makes Kyungsoo wonder if that tongue could be good for anything else. ing get a grip you ert and with that he stares at an empty spot on the table, praying to the high heavens that he’s not blushing like a tomato. He hears a soft “aha” as Jongin finally pulls out a couple of sheets and hands it over.

 

“This basically reflects all the options you checked on the website with the added services you requested, the terms and conditions, security clauses and the total fee is shown at the bottom.” Kyungsoo scans over the document but the niggling feeling in his stomach has him blurting out “I’m sorry… Jongin was it? ... you look fresh out of high school. Can you really manage all of this?” waving his hands to the entirety of his apartment.

 

Jongin takes a breath, seemingly exasperated. He runs a hand through his hair before he replies. “Well like I mentioned before, I look younger than my age. Lucked out on the gene pool maybe. I might even be older than you.”

 

“I’m twenty-six.”

 

“Oh,” he looks surprised but his voice is even when he answers, “I’m a year younger but it’s close enough. The po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter